What's new

China Lost 14 Million People in World War II. Why Is This Forgotten?

China also forgot the 50 million they killed implementing a failed communist system of government.

Benjamin Valentino says that the Great Leap Forward was a cause of the Great Chinese Famine and that the worst effects of the famine were steered towards the regime's enemies.[115] Those labeled as "black elements" (religious leaders, rightists, rich peasants, etc.) in any earlier campaign died in the greatest numbers, as they were given the lowest priority in the allocation of food.[115] In Mao's Great Famine, historian Frank Dikötter writes that "coercion, terror, and systematic violence were the very foundation of the Great Leap Forward" and it "motivated one of the most deadly mass killings of human history."[116] His research in local and provincial Chinese archives indicates the death toll was at least 45 million, and that "In most cases the party knew very well that it was starving its own people to death."[117] In a secret meeting at Shanghai in 1959, Mao issued the order to procure one third of all grain from the countryside. He said: “When there is not enough to eat people starve to death. It is better to let half of the people die so that the other half can eat their fill.”[117] Dikötter estimates that at least 2.5 million people were summarily killed or tortured to death during this period.[118]

I repeat once again - in 1939, the Soviet Union stopped the progress of Japan to the West. It saved a lot of Chinese and Mongolian lives.

What? Biggest battle? 2500 Japanese were killed. In Manchurian Strategic Offensive Operation 84000 were killed and 640000 were captured

I reiterate Russia played no major role in the pacific war, much less the defeat of Japan. Russia merely guarded its own backyard against the Japanese. Go read about the battle of Midway. Do you know how many aircraft carrier, land based aircrafts, destroyers, ships and submarine were involved?

I reiterate Russia played no major role in the pacific war, much less the defeat of Japan. Russia merely guarded its own backyard against the Japanese. Go read about the battle of Midway. Do you know how many aircraft carrier, land based aircrafts, destroyers, ships and submarine were involved?

At the time, the army of the USSR was much stronger than the U.S. Army. And the United States dropped a-bomb just because at August 9 by agreement USSR had to go to war. And Americans are well aware that in a month over Tokio would be a Red Flag.
Do not underestimate the role of the Soviet Union. In the Pacific Ocean, we did not play any role, but specifically in the Japan-China war, we have played an important role, more than the United States or England.

At the time, the army of the USSR was much stronger than the U.S. Army. And the United States dropped a-bomb just because at August 9 by agreement USSR had to go to war. And Americans are well aware that in a month over Tokio would be a Red Flag.
Do not underestimate the role of the Soviet Union. In the Pacific Ocean, we did not play any role, but specifically in the Japan-China war, we have played an important role, more than the United States or England.

No, American dropped the bomb in lieu of a scale invasion. Having won the battle of Okinawa and Iwo Jima, American troops were surrounding Japan, waiting to invade, there was no way Russians could have taken Japan first. Simple notion of time and space. Let's not kid ourselves.

USSR did not directly help China fight Japan. It was just guarding its own backyards.

No, American dropped the bomb in lieu of a scale invasion. Having won the battle of Okinawa and Iwo Jima, American troops were surrounding Japan, waiting to invade, there was no way Russians could have taken Japan first. Simple notion of time and space. Let's not kid ourselves.

USSR did not directly help China fight Japan. It was just guarding its own backyards.

Iwo Jima and Okinawa, and are not comparable with the battle in Manchuria. Once again - it was the USSR won the most battle-worthy part of the Japanese army - Kwantung Army. And part of this was in China. Hence the logical conclusion - that the Soviet Union drove the Japanese out of China, not the U.S. or else.
Judging by how hard the United States have been given the victory on Okinawa and Iwo Jima, in Manchuria, the Americans would have lost half of his troops.

Iwo Jima and Okinawa, and are not comparable with the battle in Manchuria. Once again - it was the USSR won the most battle-worthy part of the Japanese army - Kwantung Army. And part of this was in China. Hence the logical conclusion - that the Soviet Union drove the Japanese out of China, not the U.S. or else.
Judging by how hard the United States have been given the victory on Okinawa and Iwo Jima, in Manchuria, the Americans would have lost half of his troops.

Soviet didn't drive the Japs from China, they were still in China. We know because we had to fight them.

It's easy for you to say when you didn't actually fight in Okinawa and Iwo Jima. Imagine an American questioning why battle of stalingrad took so long and so many casualties.

Well, first of all, that the Soviet victory over Japan in Khalkhin Gol in 1939 -stopped the further progress of Japan to the West.
Second, the Americans fought with small units of colonial troops in Japan, the main army - Kwantung was fully operational at the time of the entry of the USSR into the war and was crushed on his head for 4 weeks.
Third. Chinese Communist forces, as well as Korean or were trained in the Soviet Union or Soviet training camps. In addition, the Soviet Union fully supplied them with weapons.

I agree with you completely buddy..I posted the same thing in another thread on Sino-Japanese war..they bragged about how China stopped Japan..I simply mentioned about how Japanese Army's political situation change after battle of Khalkhin Gol.I'm posting again...

Battle of Khalkhin Gol was an "Unauthorized War" executed by North Strike Group of Japanese War ministry,their most favourite and elite group and the group fighting in China,Mongolia and other Northern Parts..as they lost an "Unauthorized War",they lost their post as "Favourite" and these group was ordered to stop their activity,well almost..and suddenly the South strike Group became favourite to Japanese war Ministry..you can see how South Strike Group became active after the war,capturing whole East Asia,several Islands in Pacific and pushing their way to India,while in the other hand,North strike Group almost stopped their major activities..Not many of their major push(only handful maybe) got reported after 1939.

some guys turn their eye from facts and believe in myths.. :disagree:

Also,they don't give the due credits to the Flying shark group,who downed as many as 500 Japanese aircraft at the loss of 10 of their own..

also,they chose to ignore that even in the midst of WW II,both faction fought "Turf wars",which caused thousands,if not tens of thousand or more lives..

Soviet didn't drive the Japs from China, they were still in China. We know because we had to fight them.

It's easy for you to say when you didn't actually fight in Okinawa and Iwo Jima. Imagine an American questioning why battle of stalingrad took so long and so many casualties.

Who was in China? The Japanese were in China after 1945? It's kind of weird.
My grandfather served in army in Mongolia in 1945. Chinese and Mongols very warm attitude to Russian. Very warm. Much warmer than we were treated in Europe to liberate that died a million of Russian. The Chinese have learned Russian songs - and they loved the fact that Russian attitude to them as comrades and brothers, as equals, not cattle, which the Chinese believed the Japanese.
Do not even compare Stalingrad and Okinawa. Army of Marshal Pauwels - was the best and most experienced army in the world. Hitler said that it is possible to storm the heavens with that army. And he was right. The heavens would have fallen, but not Stalingrad.

Who was in China? The Japanese were in China after 1945? It's kind of weird.
My grandfather served in Mongolia. Chinese and Mongols very warm attitude to Russian. Very warm. Much warmer than we were treated in Europe to liberate that died a million of Russian. The Chinese have learned Russian songs - and they loved the fact that Russian attitude to them as comrades and brothers, as a smoother, not cattle, which the Chinese believed the Japanese.
Do not even compare Stalingrad and Okinawa. Army of Marshal Pauwels - was the best and most experienced army in the world. Hitler said that it is possible to storm the heavens with that army. And he was right. The heavens would have fallen, but not Stalingrad.

What was USSR doing from 1939 to 1945? No, you didn't drive out the Japanese, they were still in China. No one disputes the warm relation between Chinese, Mongolians and Russian, they can even have an orgy for all I care. I'm merely calling a spade a spade. USSR play no major role in the pacific war.

If you didn't brag about how quickly USSR would've taken Japan before the US, I would not have mention Stalingrad. Do you get it? It's easy to make claim and brag when you didn't participate in those battles.

Aug 14 - Japan surrenders. World War II American airmen dropped Little Boy on the city of Hiroshima on 6 August 1945, followed by Fat Man over Nagasaki on 9 August. August 9 was the day Russia declared war on Japan. Most of what Russia accomplished against Japan was after Japan had already surrendered.

What was USSR doing from 1939 to 1945? No, you didn't drive out the Japanese, they were still in China. No one disputes the warm relation between Chinese, Mongolians and Russian, they can even have an orgy for all I care. I'm merely calling a spade a spade. USSR play no major role in the pacific war.

If you didn't brag about how quickly USSR would've taken Japan before the US, I would not have mention Stalingrad. Do you get it? It's easy to make claim and brag when you didn't participate in those battles.

Look, I'm not saying that the Soviet Union played a major role in the war in the Pacific. I'm just saying that it was Soviet troops defeated the Japanese troops, who were located in China. U.S. liberated Burma, Singapore, Indonesia, and God knows what else. But it was the troops of the USSR were in China and that the troops of the USSR defeated the Kwantung Army, which numbered 1400000 troops and was well equipped.
How many thousands of U.S. troops were in China? And Britain?
So what, that in 1945 the USSR entered. If it had not entered - Manchukuo would still exist, it was a de jure independent state.
The British recognized the way in the late 30's conquest of Japan in China. U.S. before 1941 is also normal belonged to Japanese expansion. The Soviet Union helped the Chinese army - as the Kuomintang and the Communists.
During the period of 1937-1941 from the Soviet Union, China was delivered: 1,285 aircraft (of which - 777 fighters, bombers - 408 training - 100) guns of various calibres - 1600, medium-sized tanks - 82, heavy machine guns and hand - 14 thousand , vehicles and tractors - 1850.
Relations between Japan and the West began to deteriorate "suddenly" only after it became clear that Japan would not attack the Soviet Union.
You can not compare Okinawa and Stalingrad, it is an insult to the fallen in Stalingrad. There were killed more than 2 million people and it is the greatest battle in human history it is silly to compare it with Okinawa.

And you wonder why some people/groups/countries are only whining about Holocaust and discriminate against anyone who even asks questions about it?
What's the difference? Weren't those Chinese humans too? Didn't they have families, children? Millions of Russian citizens died too, but you barely hear from it in media. But ask a question about Holocaust and you will suddenly turn in to an anti-Semitic freak.

Every single human live should be valued, no matter if he/she is a Jew, Chinese, Muslim, American or even Martian. There is NO difference between them.

Look, I'm not saying that the Soviet Union played a major role in the war in the Pacific. I'm just saying that it was Soviet troops defeated the Japanese troops, who were located in China. U.S. liberated Burma, Singapore, Indonesia, and God knows what else. But it was the troops of the USSR were in China and that the troops of the USSR defeated the Kwantung Army, which numbered 1400000 troops and was well equipped.
How many thousands of U.S. troops were in China? And Britain?
So what, that in 1945 the USSR entered. If it had not entered - Manchukuo would still exist, it was a de jure independent state.
The British recognized the way in the late 30's conquest of Japan in China. U.S. before 1941 is also normal belonged to Japanese expansion. The Soviet Union helped the Chinese army - as the Kuomintang and the Communists.
During the period of 1937-1941 from the Soviet Union, China was delivered: 1,285 aircraft (of which - 777 fighters, bombers - 408 training - 100) guns of various calibres - 1600, medium-sized tanks - 82, heavy machine guns and hand - 14 thousand , vehicles and tractors - 1850.
Relations between Japan and the West began to deteriorate "suddenly" only after it became clear that Japan would not attack the Soviet Union.
You can not compare Okinawa and Stalingrad, it is an insult to the fallen in Stalingrad. There were killed more than 2 million people and it is the greatest battle in human history it is silly to compare it with Okinawa.

The crux of our discussion was based on you belittling Americans for only good at dropping bombs. The fact is they fought the biggest naval battle, they also took the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa. Japanese casualties tallied one hundred over thousands.

Manchuria, aka NorthEast, was puppet state created by Japan, recognized only Japan. Majority of population are Han Chinese. No question of it going back to China once Japan was defeated, it's a matter of time.

No one disputes the good relationship between USSR and China.

You're missing my point, I'm not comparing but alluding to you that it's easy to say Iwo Jima and Okinawa were easy when you didn't fight there, much like how an american would belittle stalingrad when they didn't fight there.

"A Single Death is a Tragedy; a Million Deaths is a Statistic "

Quote by the ugly god comrade @vostok worships

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how did 14 million Chinese die in World War 2? I find that number to be just mind blowing.

Did the Japanese kill the 14 million Chinese alone? Was it done through carpet bombing? Was there a Chinese holocaust? Did they die through militant resistance to Japanese occupation?

Back
Top Bottom