What's new

CHINA LEADS 5G

UserUnknown2025

Reaction score
Country
China
https://www.cnet.com/news/china-not-the-us-is-most-ready-for-5g/?utm_source=quora

Who's most ready for 5G? China, not the US, leads all
For all the talk from the US carriers, China holds a narrow lead as the country most suited to jump to 5G, according to a new study.

In the race to get to 5G wireless technology in a real way, China is poised to lead the world.

That's according to a study conducted by Analysys Mason, which found that China had the best combination of wireless carriers committing to the technology, government backing for research, a clear rollout plan by 2020 and government commitment of spectrum, or the radio airwaves critical to deliver wireless service.

After China, South Korea, then the US and Japan make up global leaders in 5G, according to the firm.

359362.jpg

The study marks the latest trickle of hype over 5G -- the next generation of cellular technology, which is supposed to be significantly faster and more responsive and to power other areas of tech like self-driving cars or streaming virtual reality services. At least, when it actually gets here.

The reality has been lots of promises over the past few years, with various companies and governments quietly trying to put the pieces together to make 5G work.

The study, commissioned by US cellular industry trade group CTIA, likely is meant as a kick in the pants to the US government (the CTIA represents carriers like Verizon and AT&T) to both free up regulations and access to spectrum for 5G deployment.

It could work, given the White House's views on 5G. After all, this administration reportedly floated the idea of building a nationalized 5G network, and President Donald Trump killed Broadcom's acquisition of Qualcomm because of the threat of losing the US leadership position in 5G.

US carriers are looking to get an early start. Verizon and AT&T hope to launch 5G services this year, and T-Mobile and Sprint are both deploying this year for a broader launch in 2019. But it's unclear how broad those services will be at launch, or if the early experience will meet the hype.

While there's jockeying between the four big national carriers, there's also a competition around the world between countries. The loss of leadership in 5G could affect the economy, according to a separate study by Recon Analytics that was also commissioned by the CTIA.

"When countries lose global leadership in a generation of wireless, jobs are shed and technology innovation gets exported overseas," said Roger Entner, an analyst at Recon Analytics.

https://www.cnet.com/news/china-not-the-us-is-most-ready-for-5g/?utm_source=quora

Who's most ready for 5G? China, not the US, leads all
For all the talk from the US carriers, China holds a narrow lead as the country most suited to jump to 5G, according to a new study.

In the race to get to 5G wireless technology in a real way, China is poised to lead the world.

That's according to a study conducted by Analysys Mason, which found that China had the best combination of wireless carriers committing to the technology, government backing for research, a clear rollout plan by 2020 and government commitment of spectrum, or the radio airwaves critical to deliver wireless service.

After China, South Korea, then the US and Japan make up global leaders in 5G, according to the firms.

The study marks the latest trickle of hype over 5G -- the next generation of cellular technology, which is supposed to be significantly faster and more responsive and to power other areas of tech like self-driving cars or streaming virtual reality services. At least, when it actually gets here.

The reality has been lots of promises over the past few years, with various companies and governments quietly trying to put the pieces together to make 5G work.

The study, commissioned by US cellular industry trade group CTIA, likely is meant as a kick in the pants to the US government (the CTIA represents carriers like Verizon and AT&T) to both free up regulations and access to spectrum for 5G deployment.

It could work, given the White House's views on 5G. After all, this administration reportedly floated the idea of building a nationalized 5G network, and President Donald Trump killed Broadcom's acquisition of Qualcomm because of the threat of losing the US leadership position in 5G.

US carriers are looking to get an early start. Verizon and AT&T hope to launch 5G services this year, and T-Mobile and Sprint are both deploying this year for a broader launch in 2019. But it's unclear how broad those services will be at launch, or if the early experience will meet the hype.

While there's jockeying between the four big national carriers, there's also a competition around the world between countries. The loss of leadership in 5G could affect the economy, according to a separate study by Recon Analytics that was also commissioned by the CTIA.

"When countries lose global leadership in a generation of wireless, jobs are shed and technology innovation gets exported overseas," said Roger Entner, an analyst at Recon Analytics.

@Viva_Viet @Viet
Above are direct orders from your master.
Heed them!
Are you mad now?

VN staged 5g demo nearly 1 year ago. Many VN carriers will launch the service in 2019 or 2020. In case you haven’t noticed VietTel builds 4g country wide network in Burma in one year. With most of telecom equipment made in Vietnam.

As long as China has no company as Qualcomm it’s worthless to talk about leadership.

AA659CCF-936B-43FF-9A61-A480F187D880.jpeg

Are you mad now?

VN staged 5g demo nearly 1 year ago. Many VN carriers will launch the service in 2019 or 2020. In case you haven’t noticed VietTel builds 4g country wide network in Burma in one year. With most of telecom equipment made in Vietnam.

As long as China has no company as Qualcomm it’s worthless to talk about leadership.

View attachment 467121

Actually, South Korea lead 5G technology by A LONG STRETCH by public trialling their first multi-user 5G tech during the 2018 winter Olympic, they reaches 10Gbps for average 44000 user.

China were no where near at this stage, I don't believe they have any trial run yet, the only thing they have is thE THEORTIC run which was done sometime in 2017.

Notice his article compare China 5G tech to US 5G tech, anyone know US lagging behind in Mobile Communication technology and this field was dominated by European for the last 20 years

Actually, South Korea lead 5G technology by A LONG STRETCH by public trialling their first multi-user 5G tech during the 2018 winter Olympic, they reaches 10Gbps for average 44000 user.

China were no where near at this stage, I don't believe they have any trial run yet, the only thing they have is thE THEORTIC run which was done sometime in 2017.

Notice his article compare China 5G tech to US 5G tech, anyone know US lagging behind in Mobile Communication technology and this field was dominated by European for the last 20 years
Many companies and countries work on the 5g field. I don’t mind if China becomes the first that rolls out 5g, but it’s rediculous when the Chinese to insult other countries and people. Shameless.

Many companies and countries work on the 5g field. I don’t mind if China becomes the first that rolls out 5g, but it’s rediculous when the Chinese to insult other countries and people. Shameless.

Even more so when they aren't actually did anything yet, still they look down on others........

Turkish Information and Communication Technologies Authority (BTK) sign a cooperation agreement with Japan firms on 5G technology during a forum in South Korea , last year. In addition, two years ago, agreement was made with Turkish ASELSAN's microwave radio and antenna systems and KEYSIGHT Technologies' 5G waveform generator, signal analyzer and vector signal generator for reference test setup.Although Aselsan is basically a defense company, it is making an important effort to localize the components of civil communication systems. Expectations in Turkey, 5G is will start same time with Korea and Japan. I did not know that China was so ambitious about 5G, I hope that Turkish companies will also evaluate potential cooperations in China.

The article explicitly said Chinese leads SK...
You can’t read, or just selectively read?
If it’s any comfort to you, US just hit ZTE, a strong contender in 5G based in China, pretty hard. Now cheer up!

Are you mad now?

View attachment 467121
China had its first demo in 2016 and Vietnam just did it a few months ago? Why would you even mention that demo? It’s mortifying! I wouldn’t have done that if I were you.

Patience brotha, you can’t wait? One day China will have its own Qualcom.

If it’s any comfort to you, US just hit ZTE, a strong contender in 5G based in China, pretty hard. Now cheer up!

China had its first demo in 2016 and Vietnam just did it a few months ago? Why would you even mention that demo? It’s mortifying! I wouldn’t have done that if I were you.

Patience brotha, you can’t wait? One day China will have its own Qualcom.
Ok wonderful, China did the first test. Why don’t you just post the report but insult other with master and order? Why don’t you print the report and stick it into your...

Why can’t you just shut up?

Oh wow this is rich, coming from a guy who has been making fun of the Nanking massacre and spreading lies about China. I suppose this just goes to show why Vietnam is still undeveloped. Instead of taking responsibility for starting this pointless bashing session, you blame others for sounding arrogant and insincere.

Ok wonderful, China did the first test. Why don’t you just post the report but insult other with master and order? Why don’t you print the report and stick it into your...

Why can’t you just shut up?
I am merely reciprocating. I will stop when you stop making fun of Nanking massacre and distorting history.

Oh wow this is rich, coming from a guy who has been making fun of the Nanking massacre and spreading lies about China. I suppose this just goes to show why Vietnam is still undeveloped. Instead of taking responsibility for starting this pointless bashing session, you blame others for sounding arrogant and insincere.

I am merely reciprocating. I will stop when you stop making fun of Nanking massacre and distorting history.
You are a clown.

Even more so when they aren't actually did anything yet, still they look down on others........
Indeed, it just pisses me off when people don’t do their research and start belittling and calling others impolite. You know what I’m talking about right?

You are a clown.
You are a heartless trash who makes fun of other people’s suffering.

I want to know how gullible were you.

You do know South Korea already rolled out a comprehensive trial of 5G to the public (not lab trial, but public trial) during the 2018 Winter Olympic using Samsung and Intel equipment. It reaches 10Gbps shared with 44000 user in the stadium for 11 days. What has Chinese do in this end?

Just because a Chinese wrote an article (yes he is a Chinese called Roger Cheng) on cnet does not mean it is the case.

And again, US NEVER were a leader of Mobile Telecommunication since they invented the mobile phone back in April 3, 1973, US were never even in contention with the European giants in the field.

1G - Launched by Nordic Mobile Telephone Group, Norway
2G - Launched by Radionija, Finland
3G - Launched by International Telecommunication Union(ITU), France
4G - Launched by Ericsson/Nokia of Sweden, Telenor/Huawei of Norway and China

The fact the writer didn't even know US was not leading anything in Mobile Communication is a sign that he know shit about the topic at hand.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/china-not-us-leads-in-5g.554017/#post-10419926

Indeed, it just pisses me off when people don’t do their research and start belittling and calling others impolite. You know what I’m talking about right?

I know, a troll.

You know nothing on this field, yet you post a vehicle that wasn't even remotely true and try to bash away.

there are no way China passed US for leading 5G tech because US itself were NOT A LEADER to begin with, and it NEVER WERE A LEADER in any mobile telecommunication field. It's like saying I make a car better than the baker. That's, I don't know what else you can call it, but I call this stupidity and sensational journalism.

Look at how CCTV, yes that's CCTV, the national mouthpiece of CPC, cover and admire the South Korean 5G public trial in 2018 winter Olympic game.

You want to know why CCTV did not cover any Chinese 5G launch and have to go all the way to Korea to cover their launch? Because there WEREN'T ANY to cover in China, South Korea is the FIRST to test 5G publicly during that game. Now tell me, how China is ahead of Korea?

Now, please resume to what you did best, that is change topic and dish out personal insult.

I want to know how gullible were you.

You do know South Korea already rolled out a comprehensive trial of 5G to the public (not lab trial, but public trial) during the 2018 Winter Olympic using Samsung and Intel equipment. It reaches 10Gbps shared with 44000 user in the stadium for 11 days. What has Chinese do in this end?

Just because a Chinese wrote an article (yes he is a Chinese called Roger Cheng) on cnet does not mean it is the case.

And again, US NEVER were a leader of Mobile Telecommunication since they invented the mobile phone back in April 3, 1973, US were never even in contention with the European giants in the field.

1G - Launched by Nordic Mobile Telephone Group, Norway
2G - Launched by Radionija, Finland
3G - Launched by International Telecommunication Union(ITU), France
4G - Launched by Ericsson/Nokia of Sweden, Telenor/Huawei of Norway and China

The fact the writer didn't even know US was not leading anything in Mobile Communication is a sign that he know shit about the topic at hand.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/china-not-us-leads-in-5g.554017/#post-10419926

I know, a troll.

You know nothing on this field, yet you post a vehicle that wasn't even remotely true and try to bash away.

there are no way China passed US for leading 5G tech because US itself were NOT A LEADER to begin with, and it NEVER WERE A LEADER in any mobile telecommunication field. It's like saying I make a car better than the baker. That's, I don't know what else you can call it, but I call this stupidity and sensational journalism.

Look at how CCTV, yes that's CCTV, the national mouthpiece of CPC, cover and admire the South Korean 5G public trial in 2018 winter Olympic game.

You want to know why CCTV did not cover any Chinese 5G launch and have to go all the way to Korea to cover their launch? Because there WEREN'T ANY to cover in China, South Korea is the FIRST to test 5G publicly during that game. Now tell me, how China is ahead of Korea?

Now, please resume to what you did best, that is change topic and dish out personal insult.

You flatter me, comrade.
China, specifically ZTE, had conducted 7 separate tests as of the end of last year, setting a new record of 19Gbps (19Gbps>10Gbps if you don't know).
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/in-china-5g-trials-zte-hits-massive-19-gbps-network-speeds/

The deplorable "mouthpiece" of the evil, children killing, and brainwashing CPC, which has done nothing to the Chinese people but killing all of them, has shown tests of 5G.
From 38:00 - 41:00

Why do you find it weird for CCTV to praise other country's achievements? Why does CCTV have always to be praising China? Are you suggesting that CCTV shouldn't keep Chinese citizens informed about developments from other places in the world? Comrade, I never knew you were a staunch advocate for censorship!

Even if we just ignore all of my counterarguments, your claim that the US doesn't lead or has never been a leader in telecommunications is, at best, challenged. Look at an article by CNN, the voice of FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY and PERFECTION which you are contradicting right now.
Here's a snippet from the article:

"Qualcomm, a leader on 2G and 3G wireless network technology, has been investing heavily in 5G research."
The sentence clearly says Qualcomm, a US company, is a LEADER on 2G and 3G, which is NOT what you wrote.

"The US government has indicated before that it wants to win the 5G race, and is cognizant of the threat coming from China."
If China's 5G is as crap as you stated, then why does the US view it as a threat? Are you insinuating that the US is even worse than crap? How dare you? This is blasphemy! You can't insult your master like that.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/16/technology/china-united-states-5g-technology-study/index.html

But don't worry, let me give you some good news.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/17/technology/zte-china-us-phones-ban/index.html
US just hit ZTE, a Chinese company heavily invested in 5G, really really hard, banning it from purchasing US components.
So..you are welcome. Now you have something to jack off to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom