What's new

China latest fighter engine is here, WS10TVC Thrust Vector Control turbofan engine official unveil

Yes, just like how US will trash syria, libya and Iraq...

Those speak ill of China in the name of Pakistanis but flying British flag shall be ashame of betraying their heritage for selling their soul to the evil colonial master who used to trampede the land of Pakistan, stealing resources and abused the locals.

@MultaniGuy
@Ali_Baba
@Bleek
@aziqbal
@Beidou2020
@etylo
Thats one reason why the whites in the west can still keep in dictatorship power to the world after colonialism officially ended more than 70 years, just look at how slavish those former British colonies are that many of them mourned officially and publically the passing of British queen for days recently.

sure, i had never disagree that catching up to existing tech is easier to innovating new tech.

but that's not at all the point here, you argued that china isn't catching up. yet reality shows otherwise.

also you are clearly trying to mislead by saying china had the j-10 since 1998.

i was using the in service dates
but if you want to use first flight, then the f-22 first flew in 1997, heck the yf-22 first flew in 1990, while the j-10 had no equivalent prototype and was testing its component tech using j-8 and j-7s, so if i wanted to mislead like you, i would had said the us had 5th gens 18 years before china flew a prototype 4th gen, a full 18 years the US had a 2 generation advantage vis-a-vis china

so no matter how you look at it the gap has narrowed significantly in 2022 even while the us is still currently ahead. i fully expect the us to come out with a 6th gen first but i highly doubt the gap will be 18 years.
and yes, not all planes are equal. the f-22 has powerful engines but its electronics are clearly old at this point, its missing sensor fusion and while there are plans, it still does not have irst. the f-35 is overweight and had to compromise for the VTOL version. the J-20 has the benefit of newer electronics while not having to compromise, other than for its weaker engines. its fully competitive with either the f-22 or the f-35, unlike say the j-8 vs f-22.
I don't know what the metric for this "catching up" is, since it's not something you can truly measure, you don't know how much the US advanced. US was working on hypersonic experimental aircraft and stealth technology years ago, who knows what the NGAD has to offer, the F-35 itself and even F22 still have tons of classified technologies.

In terms of years, I don't think the gap closed at all. Again, it's something that cannot be really measured unless you have access to classified information, and I don't have any access to such information, at least not to information about Chinese and American air forces.

I highly doubt the J20 is competitive with the F-35, the DAS system is an insane advantage.

I don't know what the metric for this "catching up" is, since it's not something you can truly measure, you don't know how much the US advanced. US was working on hypersonic experimental aircraft and stealth technology years ago, who knows what the NGAD has to offer, the F-35 itself and even F22 still have tons of classified technologies.

In terms of years, I don't think the gap closed at all. Again, it's something that cannot be really measured unless you have access to classified information, and I don't have any access to such information, at least not to information about Chinese and American air forces.

I highly doubt the J20 is competitive with the F-35, the DAS system is an insane advantage.

Top US Air Force Generals have made it clear recently that the J-20 is nowhere near as capable as the F-35. They literally referred to the J-20 as an “OK” fighter.

That’s a tough reality check for the Chinese

US Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall also stated NGAD will be better than anything the Chinese could field. First NGAD prototype flew in 2020.

US Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall also stated NGAD will be better than anything the Chinese could field. First NGAD prototype flew in 2020.
But according to the liberal use of the word 'obsolete', whatever the Chinese fly later will make ours 'obsolete'. :lol:

US top gernerals also said J-20 relatively impressed them and China pilots flew them well, and Chinese airforce commander replied: we'll meet you in the sky.

微信图片_20221114124722.png

Last edited:
Top US Air Force Generals have made it clear recently that the J-20 is nowhere near as capable as the F-35. They literally referred to the J-20 as an “OK” fighter.

That’s a tough reality check for the Chinese
Lol...the american are good with their loud mouth only...

You really should read and learn more before commenting

"Relatively impressed *with the command and control of the J20*" referring to the pilot not flying like a retard as was sometimes observed and also said "it's nothing to lose sleep over" when referring to the aircraft itself

"Relatively impressed *with the command and control of the J20*" referring to the pilot not flying like a retard as was sometimes observed and also said "it's nothing to lose sleep over" when referring to the aircraft itself
If a plane is crappy, no one can fly it well. you are just in denial after being caught lying.

Those speak ill of China in the name of Pakistanis but flying British flag shall be ashame of betraying their heritage for selling their soul to the evil colonial master who used to trampede the land of Pakistan, stealing resources and abused the locals.

@MultaniGuy
@Ali_Baba
@Bleek
@aziqbal
@Beidou2020
@etylo
The British Empire is a different subject and should not be invoked to create a Flame War here in this thread. Those you have tagged should see this post.

You can report posts or tag Mods to check posts that seem to be in violation of Forum Rules. You have done this before.

WE appreciate Chinese contributions to Pakistani defenses. Is there a need to re-emphasize this part again and again on a Pakistani platform?

Chinese members need to understand that there should be room for legitimate questions about (and constructive criticism of) Chinese hardware on Pakistani platforms. This should not be mistaken for Anti-China sentiments.

Pakistani Public have the right to question Pakistani armed forces for their procurement choices. This is about money being spent well on the matters of national security. Better this than being embarassed in the battlefield followed by cover-ups.

Calm down and be friendly.

Yes, just like how US will trash syria, libya and Iraq...
Didn't they?

The British Empire is a different subject and should not be invoked to create a Flame War here in this thread. Those you have tagged should see this post.

You can report posts or tag Mods to check posts that seem to be in violation of Forum Rules. You have done this before.

WE appreciate Chinese contributions to Pakistani defenses. Is there a need to re-emphasize this part again and again on a Pakistani platform?

Chinese members need to understand that there should be room for legitimate questions about (and constructive criticism of) Chinese hardware on Pakistani platforms. This should not be mistaken for Anti-China sentiments.

Pakistani Public have the right to question Pakistani armed forces for their procurement choices. This is about money being spent well on the matters of national security. Better this than being embarassed in the battlefield followed by cover-ups.

Calm down and be friendly.

Didn't they?

Do you consider the following as a form of "legitimate question" or "constructive criticism"?

who knows what's running in the mind of CCP? maybe it will
and the jet may fly or may crash

if later happens then the Engineer and designer will be executed along with his family and replaced with another engineer,.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom