What's new

China Hates India's Fast and Sneaky Brahmos Missiles

Typical nonsense article from National Interest.

Brahmos is based off an old russian missile.
Chinese reverse-engineered the shit out of those old russi missiles long ago, and they have started making hypersonic missiles these days.

Without a doubt Brahmos is a good missile and its not easy to shoot down due to its sheer speed and evasive manoeuvrability capabilities but having said their we can take and absorb the punishment but we will be able to return the gesture via CM-400AKG in kind so what's the fuss about. Similarly it applies to China as well, am sure Chine have got their defence doctrine and they must have factored Brahmos missiles in that too. Both Pakistan and China don't suffer with dementia or have got memory loss issues or we don't know what Indian capabilities are and what India have got and how to counter that. If Brahmos was such a bees knees missile, question is do you think China could not have developed the same or even better by now as its such a security issue for them and us.
India tried last Feb to test our resolve and got whipped and we are just a little iron brother don't provoke our big iron brother to kick your arse to no where. So don't be farthing tart all the time you are just giving us earache and that's not polite.

why bother when it costs 3 to 4 normal cruise missile to make 1 barahmos.... ?!

why not make survaviblility and lethality better of normal cruise missile?!

still the end result of launching 20 of these missiles at 20 PN ships is 20 sunk PN ships.
On a second though, does PN even have 20 combat capable ships?
And the end result of launching 20 of these missiles at PLAN ships is atleast 5-7 PLAN ships sunk.
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Keep on chest thumping...when it comes to battle u guys get taken out...and then u promptly back down and put all ur efforts in churning out propaganda pieces...one after another...as a face saving measure.
See the image in OP article. It is circumcised.:lol:
Oye yeh missile toh musalmaan nikla...ab is ko bhi lynch ker dein ge :cheesy:

China is just curious that why India only has Brahmos...:-)
Speaking of Brahmos....hypersonic missiles like these are going to become more numerous going forward...there seems to be a general trend of countries around the world heading in that direction.

A while back I was watching a documentary about this weapon called "metal storm"...I'm not sure if it ever went into full scale production or not. It is basically a gun...that shoots bullets using electric current...and hence can do it at a very very fast rate as compared to conventional methods. See the link below...

So I was wondering what if something like this was used as a CIWS(Close In Weapon System) against a hypersonic missile? How effective can it be?
110427.gif

According to this news article the prototype that was tested...
"At its peak, it can send, almost literally, a wall of 24,000 9mm rounds moving at Mach 5"

Something like this can shred any incoming missile...and it wouldn't even have to be too precise in its targeting...it can shower these "walls" of bullets one after another towards the incoming missile and shred it pieces in flight.
www.businessinsider.com/heres-why-this-36-barrel-machine-gun-will-never-be-used-2018-9

@aliyusuf @StormBreaker @Signalian @Beast @Avicenna @Haris Ali2140
...tag any other members who might be interested in discussing this...I'm just thinking out loud basically...not sure who would be the right person to tag for such a discussion.

Last edited:
Speaking of Brahmos....hypersonic missiles like these are going to become more numerous going forward...there seems to be a general trend of countries around the world heading in that direction.

A while back I was watching a documentary about this weapon called "metal storm"...I'm not sure if it ever went into full scale production or not. It is basically a gun...that shoots bullets using electric current...and hence can do it at a very very fast rate as compared to conventional methods. See the link below...

So I was wondering what if something like this was used as a CIWS(Close In Weapon System) against a hypersonic missile? How effective can it be?
110427.gif

According to this news article the prototype that was tested...
"At its peak, it can send, almost literally, a wall of 24,000 9mm rounds moving at Mach 5"

Something like this can shred any incoming missile...and it wouldn't even have to be too precise in its targeting...it can shower these "walls" of bullets one after another towards the incoming missile and shred it pieces in flight.

@aliyusuf @StormBreaker @Signalian @Beast @Avicenna @Haris Ali2140
...tag any other members who might be interested in discussing this...I'm just thinking out loud basically...not sure who would be the right person to tag for such a discussion.
Search Electromagnetic Rail gun. Both US and China are working it. Turkey too. I think we have a thread on it too.

A weapon like this will ne game changer. No need for combustile propellent. Means you can fire small rounds at very fast speeds.

Search Electromagnetic Rail gun. Both US and China are working it. Turkey too. I think we have a thread on it too.

A weapon like this will ne game changer. No need for combustile propellent. Means you can fire small rounds at very fast speeds.
I'm aware of the electromagnetic rail gun...this isn't that. I think this only uses a current to ignite the bullet...there is no electromagnetism involved in propelling the bullet...or at least that's how I understood this weapon.

I'm aware of the electromagnetic rail gun...this isn't that. I think this only uses a current to ignite the bullet...there is no electromagnetism involved in propelling the bullet...or at least that's how I understood this weapon.
Here this is what I am talking about:

Abstract: Railguns can reach higher muzzle velocities and fire rates than conventional guns. Muzzle velocities up to 2400 m/s and fires rates of more than 50 Hz have already been demonstrated with projectiles having a mass of 140 g and a square calibre of 25 mm. We investigated if a Close In Weapon System (CIWS) based on a railgun performs better against incoming anti-ship missiles than a conventional CIWS such as the Goalkeeper and propose solutions to optimize the performance of such a railgun. CIWS are operational systems that defend a ship against incoming subsonic anti-ship missiles. However, future anti-ship missiles will be supersonic and more difficult to defeat with conventional gun systems. Railguns are expected to perform better against these future threats thanks to their higher muzzle velocity and fire rate. Furthermore, the muzzle velocity within a single burst can be varied easily from shot to shot, generating a so-called intelligent burst. It allows varying the velocity of each projectile such that all projectiles arrive on the target at the same time. The number of projectiles and thus the electrical energy required to achieve a target kill with an intelligent burst is expected to be lower than for railguns firing at constant muzzle velocity. In the first part, the performance of an electromagnetic CIWS is discussed using simulation models calculating the hit probability of a burst of projectiles fired with muzzle velocities ranging from 1200 m/s to 2400 m/s and fire rates ranging from 75 rounds per second to 300 rounds per second. The geometry of the target is that of a typical anti-ship missile, its velocity ranges from subsonic (300 m/s) to supersonic (600 m/s). The influence of the projectile mass on the performance of the system and the required electric energy was also investigated. We confirmed that the concept of intelligent burst reduces the required electric energy, especially against supersonic targets. The second part deals with some technical aspects of high fire rate railguns. We have shown experimentally that an automatic loading system allows increasing the fire rate of a medium calibre railgun from 50 Hz to 75 Hz.

Full copy:

Attachments

• 2013.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Here this is what I am talking about:

Abstract: Railguns can reach higher muzzle velocities and fire rates than conventional guns. Muzzle velocities up to 2400 m/s and fires rates of more than 50 Hz have already been demonstrated with projectiles having a mass of 140 g and a square calibre of 25 mm. We investigated if a Close In Weapon System (CIWS) based on a railgun performs better against incoming anti-ship missiles than a conventional CIWS such as the Goalkeeper and propose solutions to optimize the performance of such a railgun. CIWS are operational systems that defend a ship against incoming subsonic anti-ship missiles. However, future anti-ship missiles will be supersonic and more difficult to defeat with conventional gun systems. Railguns are expected to perform better against these future threats thanks to their higher muzzle velocity and fire rate. Furthermore, the muzzle velocity within a single burst can be varied easily from shot to shot, generating a so-called intelligent burst. It allows varying the velocity of each projectile such that all projectiles arrive on the target at the same time. The number of projectiles and thus the electrical energy required to achieve a target kill with an intelligent burst is expected to be lower than for railguns firing at constant muzzle velocity. In the first part, the performance of an electromagnetic CIWS is discussed using simulation models calculating the hit probability of a burst of projectiles fired with muzzle velocities ranging from 1200 m/s to 2400 m/s and fire rates ranging from 75 rounds per second to 300 rounds per second. The geometry of the target is that of a typical anti-ship missile, its velocity ranges from subsonic (300 m/s) to supersonic (600 m/s). The influence of the projectile mass on the performance of the system and the required electric energy was also investigated. We confirmed that the concept of intelligent burst reduces the required electric energy, especially against supersonic targets. The second part deals with some technical aspects of high fire rate railguns. We have shown experimentally that an automatic loading system allows increasing the fire rate of a medium calibre railgun from 50 Hz to 75 Hz.

Full copy:
Thanks for this...I was not aware of such development before.

So it is a similar concept but different method being used(electromagnetism used to propel the projectiles as opposed to the chemical propellent used in metal storm).

I would need some time to read this paper...much appreciated :enjoy:

Thanks for this...I was not aware of such development before.

So it is a similar concept but different method being used(electromagnetism used to propel the projectiles as opposed to the chemical propellent used in metal storm).

I would need some time to read this paper...much appreciated :enjoy:

The video you posted is very old. Now the main objective of EM rail guns is to remove the need of propellant. This will reduce the weight, size of rounds and it will also make easier to store them.

The video you posted is very old. Now the main objective of EM rail guns is to remove the need of propellant. This will reduce the weight, size of rounds and it will also make easier to store them.
Yes I know it's old...I had seen it years ago...I just remembered it in context of Brahmos(a hypersonic cruise missile) and thought of this as a potential defense against it.

U r right the electromagnetic rail gun approach would reduce weight(of ammunition...they will basically be just pellets in that case) and make it easier to have this sort of concept(as a defense) successfully implemented on navy ships...for that the rail gun tech first needs to fully mature.

Back
Top Bottom