What's new

China hails Indian Army's 'objective understanding' on LAC

NKVD

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
BEIJING: China today appreciated the Indian Army's response on recent reports of incursions by the PLA in Ladakh, saying it reflected "objective understanding" of the "special situation" along the borders.

In a guarded response to the reports that the Chinese troops entered 25 to 30 km deep into the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control ( LAC) in Burtse area in Ladakh, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying called on media to be more objective in reporting such incidents.

"China has noted relevant reports and the Indian position. The Indian position reflects the objective understanding and rational attitude towards the special situation in the China-India border areas," she said in an apparent reference to denial of the incident by Indian Army officials.

Army Chief Dalbir Singh Suhag himself said "there is nothing like that".

"The border troops of China and India are very clear about the actual situation on the border. For a long time, they have exercised restraint and have maintained peaceful coexistence," Hua said in a written response to a query over the presence People's Liberation Army (PLA) troops in the Burtse area which was noticed last weekend.

"On the whole, the situation along the China-India border is peaceful and stable," she said adding that China is willing to work with the Indian side to jointly maintain peace and tranquillity along the border areas.

She also urged media to report on the border situation objectively.

"China hopes that the relevant media would proceed from the fundamental interests of the people of the two countries and view and report on the situation along the China-India border objectively, truly and rationally," she said.

In a broad reference to the reports of incursions, specially the one at the Depsang valley in Ladakh sector last year, the Chinese Ministry of Defence last month said such incidents occurred due to different perception about the disputed border but were resolved through negotiations.

"The boundary line has not been demarcated and both sides has different interpretation on the Line Actual Control," Colonel Geng Yansheng told a media briefing last month.

"Last year there was some incident on in the border region. All the issues have been properly solved though negotiations," he said without mentioning the stand off at the Depsang valley in Ladakh region where the Chinese troops pitched tents to assert their control over the area.

They pulled out after weeks of negotiations between the two countries.

China hails Indian Army's 'objective understanding' on LAC - Economic Times

What is the situation is that the Indian and Chinese sides have difference of opinion on where the line is and therefore such incidents take place and should be handled with a peaceful approach because China is not a trigger happy nation like on our west and like it or not but it is Indias most peaceful border and the only one which has not sponsored terrorists by giving them shelter in their own land.

If had same happened under mms rule then by now we would declared him impotent......
India need not to aggressive but tighten the borders to avoid such incursion..... I hope new gov would do everything to stop such incidents......

Now that we have patted everybody on the back......lets get back to the unfinished business of demarcating the border and making it permanent :coffee:

What is the situation is that the Indian and Chinese sides have difference of opinion on where the line is and therefore such incidents take place and should be handled with a peaceful approach because China is not a trigger happy nation like on our west and like it or not but it is Indias most peaceful border and the only one which has not sponsored terrorists by giving them shelter in their own land.

I dont agree with you . How can you say pitching tents for around 3 weeks as difference of opinion actually it could be a msg to india or it could be to provoke us or to check our resolve on how we are going to respond . Also they came inside and broke our surveillance equipment which is a clear case of aggression and as usual we reacted like a sitting duck . I am not asking for a war but my point is we should respond in the same manner like the chinese do without firing a single shot only then these chinese will learn some lesson but chances of happening that even under modi goverment is very bleak which is what quite frustrating for me

Its easy to judge why nations go to war but you and I dont have all the releant information. IM pretty sure in order for Bush to jump to war, there were higher stakes involved. Be rational. There are things going on that you and I don't even know about. Does China intrude through other countries borders?

I dont agree with you . How can you say pitching tents for around 3 weeks as difference of opinion actually it could be a msg to india or it could be to provoke us or to check our resolve on how we are going to respond . Also they came inside and broke our surveillance equipment which is a clear case of aggression and as usual we reacted like a sitting duck . I am not asking for a war but my point is we should respond in the same manner like the chinese do without firing a single shot only then these chinese will learn some lesson but chances of happening that even under modi goverment is very bleak which is what quite frustrating for me

You are talking emotionally.If the Chinese really wanted a war would they pitch tents? Or are they waiting for us to induct INS Vikramaditya or PAKFA so that we give them a fair fight.

Look from this perspective..They are pitching tents to claim an area which they think is theirs and we thinks is ours.There is a diffrrence of opinion which is conveyed in flag meetings.

I dont think if China wants to use force and claim up an area it will ask its troops to sit in tents for 3 weeks.They have a better equipped army to fight us and claim the land.

Remember China is not Pakistan which is weaker than us in everything.Still we dont have a single terrorist movement from their side of the border which is commendable. Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanamar and even Bhutan our best friend has had terrorist camps running in their territory at some point of time.

Chinese have business ties with us and they are very sensible and cautious over their relations with india which is totally opposite of Pakistan.

Read this news and think why would Chinese give a damn about a report and be so concerned if their agenda is like our trigger happy enemy Pakistan???

Its easy to judge why nations go to war but you and I dont have all the releant information. IM pretty sure in order for Bush to jump to war, there were higher stakes involved. Be rational. There are things going on that you and I don't even know about. Does China intrude through other countries borders?

China has a problem regarding territory with every country.Mongolia sorted out its problem with China by handing over the disputed territory to China.They claim something and so do we...I do not know about your sources my friend but my sources in the IA tell me that Indian troops patrol on some lands which the Chinese consider as their territory...What does it proove anyway...Borders are not defined properly and both the sides are confused about their territory..It is not something worth going war for and the Chinese understand that.

Last edited:
For them, we have settled in Arunanchal Pradesh for 5 decades using international pressure and treatise. For us, they have pitched tent 25 km inside LAC. The point, there is mutual MISUNDERSTANDING.

You are talking emotionally.If the Chinese really wanted a war would they pitch tents? Or are they waiting for us to induct INS Vikramaditya or PAKFA so that we give them a fair fight.

Look from this perspective..They are pitching tents to claim an area which they think is theirs and we thinks is ours.There is a diffrrence of opinion which is conveyed in flag meetings.

I dont think if China wants to use force and claim up an area it will ask its troops to sit in tents for 3 weeks.They have a better equipped army to fight us and claim the land.

Remember China is not Pakistan which is weaker than us in everything.Still we dont have a single terrorist movement from their side of the border which is commendable. Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanamar and even Bhutan our best friend has had terrorist camps running in their territory at some point of time.

Chinese have business ties with us and they are very sensible and cautious over their relations with india which is totally opposite of Pakistan.

Read this news and think why would Chinese give a damn about a report and be so concerned if their agenda is like our trigger happy enemy Pakistan???

China has a problem regarding territory with every country.Mongolia sorted out its problem with China by handing over the disputed territory to China.They claim something and so do we...I do not know about your sources my friend but my sources in the IA tell me that Indian troops patrol on some lands which the Chinese consider as their territory...What does it proove anyway...Borders are not defined properly and both the sides are confused about their territory..It is not something worth going war for and the Chinese understand that.

Of course its not worth going to war. But I and many others felt its quite provative what the Chinese are doing. Wouldn't it be better to fall back and maintain peace? I never heard of any incident where Indian army set up tents 30 km in? Have you? MOngolia had to give land in order to settle this, so is that what you claim? We never shared a border with China but with Tibet.

If the Chinese were so peaceful, then why would they support Pakistan with weapons, intel, tech, nukes, missiles to counter us? Why do you support the Maoist movement against us in Indian and Nepal? Why do they give shelter and support to ULFA and other Northeastern insurgents? Why do they go behing the scenes to stop us from achieving the nuclear deal while shaking our hands and saying they have no problem with it?

Its time for all Indians to wake up and think. Can you really be friends with a country that does all this and will continue to do so?

Yes you are right i too said i dont want war which is why i said why cant we do the same thing what Chinese do without firing a single shot .Ok if i take the tent incident as something what you said how would you justify the act of coming inside our territory and smashing a communication equipment? isn't that not an aggression? which is why i said without firing a single shot just exactly do what they are doing. afterall its not a one way game which can be played only by china

By PSK:
-------------------------------------
Along the LAC, China does not enjoy superior situational awareness due to its inability to lay hands on new-generation MALE-UAVs capable of flying over high-altitude mountainous terrain. All it has are locally-developed manually-launched CH-802 mini-UAVs like the Skylark. It is for this reason the PLA Border Defence Regiments regularly undertake long-range patrols (LRP) & transgress over India-claimed territory & such patrols never stay put for more than 4 hours. The IA too undertakes similar LRPs over China-claimed territory, albeit on a much lesser scale since the IA has access to a certain type of non-Israeli MALE-UAV (the US-supplied General Atomics Predator) that outperforms its Chinese counterpart (the CH-4A Wing Loong). Furthermore, unlike the IAF’s EL/M-2060P SAR pods, the PLAAF does not possess anything of this kind. All that the PLA can therefore field as early warning systems are about 10 ELINT/SIGINT outposts stretching from Aksai Chin right up to Num La.

Source: With eye on China, India deploys Akash missiles in northeast !

Back
Top Bottom