What's new

China economy boost the Navy, 6th 052C DDG finished next 055

Why can't China open up another shipyard to increase production?

They have already done that, now the second shipyard to produce the Type 052D and the Type 055 will be the Dalian shipyard.

But overall I think this might still not be enough, maybe the Guangzhou shipyard also needs to be prepared.

But the Guangzhou shipyard right now has zero experience to build the modern destroyer/frigate, so they might need the assistance from the Huangpu shipyard.

The Huangpu Shipyard right now has a lot of experience of building the big 4500 tons frigates, but they just need a bigger shipyard in order to build the bigger destroyers.

They have already done that, now the second shipyard to produce the Type 052D and the Type 055 will be the Dalian shipyard.

But overall I think this might still not be enough, maybe the Guangzhou shipyard also needs to be prepared.

But the Guangzhou shipyard right now has zero experience to build the modern destroyer/frigate, so they might need the assistance from the Huangpu shipyard.

The Huangpu Shipyard right now has a lot of experience of building the big 4500 tons frigates, but they just need a bigger shipyard in order to build the bigger destroyers.
Southerners are fast learners, no issue. They can temporarily swap employees and cross train. unless the GD facility is not built to produce destroyers?

Southerners are fast learners, no issue. They can temporarily swap employees and cross train. unless the GD facility is not built to produce destroyers?

Sure, the I do believe that we should also set up a second production line of the nuclear sub in Hainan or Guangdong.

And the shipyards in Guangdong also should be given a chance to build the larger and more powerful destroyers.

But the second production line for the Type 052D/055 has been snatched by Dalian, because they have the credit of overhauling Liaoning, which makes them easier to snatch the order of the destroyers.

Huangpu has tried to get the order of the Type 052D, but unfortunately it has been snatched by Dalian because they got the advantage with the credit of Liaoning.

China Integrated Full Electric Propulsion system out ! Future 054B FFG install first.

11111.jpg

2221.jpg

333.png

as long as provincial corrupt officials doesn't allow korean investors to come in and **** things up, they be fine.

Indeed, it was a disaster for the shipbuilding ecosystem in Dalian.

And fck those Kimchis, and I was truly wanna nuke them when I heard that kind of news.

Koreans are actually worse than Japanese but Chinese like Korean better...

The Koreans have treated the Chinese even worse than the Japanese during the WWII.

The dog behaved even worse than its master.

And I don't think the normal Chinese like the Koreans except those fans of the Korean dramas and the K-pop.

Have you heard the Longxue Island near Guangzhou?

This shipyard on this island is large enough to build even the aircraft carrier, but you just need all the related facilities to move around there. And it can become the second Changxing Island if they really want to.

mriparF.jpg

Last edited:
15000 tons max load, since its gas turbine is double of that of the Type 052D (7500 tons).

But if to sail about 35 knots, then 12000 tons is the better tonnage.

The Type 055 will have in 2 in construction, while the even bigger Type 055A will presumably have more under the plan.

Only 2? I was expecting a lot more... I thought this would be China's final type for some time considering how large it is (like maybe 10-30 planned). So there will be a Type 055A right after?

Are there any of these or their variants which will be produced in double-digit numbers?

Only 2? I was expecting a lot more... I thought this would be China's final type for some time considering how large it is (like maybe 10-30 planned). So there will be a Type 055A right after?

Are there any of these or their variants which will be produced in double-digit numbers?

The Type 055 is only experimental, because it is China's first 10000+ tons destroyer.

The Type 055A will be the mass production version with bigger tonnage and more firepower.

Because we now have the 54000 shp QC-280IC, so imagine the tonnage of the Type 055A.

The Type 055 is only experimental, because it is China's first 10000+ tons destroyer.

The Type 055A will be the mass production version with bigger tonnage and more firepower.

Because we now have the 54000 shp QC-280IC, so imagine the tonnage of the Type 055A.

In your opinion what do you think the tonnage will be for the Type 055A? Also, are there any rumors about the numbers being built?

Is it confirmed Type 055 is only experimental and that only 2 built? So many questions but I don't speak Chinese so I can't go on the message boards and find out LOL.

In your opinion what do you think the tonnage will be for the Type 055A? Also, are there any rumors about the numbers being built?

Is it confirmed Type 055 is only experimental and that only 2 built? So many questions but I don't speak Chinese so I can't go on the message boards and find out LOL.

Yep, according to POP3, the first batch of the Type 055 will be two ships, just like the first two Type 052C back in 2004-2005, and China only did manage to mass produce the Type 052C/D in 5 years later.

But the gap between the Type 055 and the Type 055A won't take that long.

Our newest QC-280IC is over 40MW, which means the total output propulsion of the Type 055A will be no less than the QE class aircraft carrier.

The future destroyer needs to be no less than 15000 tons because you need more room to host the laser weapon and the railgun, also the destroyer should not sail less than 35 knots with the 15000 tons of tonnage.

Yep, according to POP3, the first batch of the Type 055 will be two ships, just like the first two Type 052C back in 2004-2005, and China only did manage to mass produce the Type 052C/D in 5 years later.

But the gap between the Type 055 and the Type 055A won't take that long.

Our newest QC-280IC is over 40MW, which means the total output propulsion of the Type 055A will be no less than the QE class aircraft carrier.

The future destroyer needs to be no less than 15000 tons because you need more room to host the laser weapon and the railgun, also the destroyer should not sail less than 35 knots with the 15000 tons of tonnage.

Ok thanks. So the FIRST batch is two, but there may be more that will be ordered after the first batch, no? Or are they expected to just move onto Type 055A right after?

To have a 3000 ton increase seems like you'd need to have a different structure or hull built, so it's hard to understand how they can jump 3000 tons on the same ship in a few years.

Ok thanks. So the FIRST batch is two, but there may be more that will be ordered after the first batch, no? Or are they expected to just move onto Type 055A right after?

To have a 3000 ton increase seems like you'd need to have a different structure or hull built, so it's hard to understand how they can jump 3000 tons on the same ship in a few years.

Yeah, after the experimental stage of the Type 055, they should move directly towards the Type 055A.

Just like the early Arleigh Burke Flight I was only merely over 8000 tons, while the newest Arleigh Burke Flight III is now over 10000 tons, and the future Arleigh Burke Flight IV may be even bigger, maybe 12000 tons.

The Type 052 is 5000 tons, then they jumped into the 6500 tons Type 052B, then the 7000 tons Type 052C, and finally the 7500 tons Type 052D.

The Koreans have treated the Chinese even worse than the Japanese during the WWII.

The dog behaved even worse than its master.

And I don't think the normal Chinese like the Koreans except those fans of the Korean dramas and the K-pop.

Have you heard the Longxue Island near Guangzhou?

This shipyard on this island is large enough to build even the aircraft carrier, but you just need all the related facilities to move around there. And it can become the second Changxing Island if they really want to.

mriparF.jpg
Longxue is publicly traded. Building warships is not a good idea.
Guangzhou Shipyard to Sell New Shares, Buy Longxue Stake - Bloomberg

Back
Top Bottom