What's new

China Defended its Civilian Nuclear Cooperation with Pakistan

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
China Defended its Civilian Nuclear Cooperation with Pakistan

China Thursday vowed to take its military ties with Pakistan to a new height and defended its nuclear cooperation with Islamabad to build two new reactors for the country.

Gen Kayani heading a high level Pakistani military delegation is currently on visit to China.“Cooperation between the Chinese and Pakistani armed forces is exemplary and has been fruitful,” Liang said during the meeting.

The Minister also said that the two countries should make continuous efforts to boost their joint defence programmes.

His remarks assume significance as Pakistan and China are collaborating in the manufacture of advanced fighter aircraft.As the two countries were holding military level talks a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Qin Gang commenting on the US reaction on the deal, told reporters “China and Pakistan have maintained cooperation in recent years in the civilian use of nuclear energy.”

“This cooperation is in line with our respective international obligations and totally for peaceful purposes and under the safeguards and supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA),” Qin said.

In Islamabad, the Foreign Office Spokesman said, Pakistan-China civilian nuclear cooperation is under the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) safeguards and concerns, if any, are misplaced.

ASIAN DEFENCE: China Defended its Civilian Nuclear Cooperation with Pakistan

China can show all the bravado it wants, but it doesn't have the balls to proceed with this deal without NSG approval.

if i am not wrong china want Pakistan army help against Chinese Muslim

china want Pakistan hardcore Muslim will not support Chinese Muslim

You gotta problem reading ? They already said they're going ahead with it.. An speaking of balls who has the balls to stop them ? You ? lol

Thats great Pak Chin dosti Zinda bad. This is a right thing, every country has a right to develope and to increase its defence. When other countries can buy nuclear tech from USA then why not we. They are not the God of ths world. If they want us to stop this deal then first they have to stop and then they can expect the same from us. Otherwise we are growing our nuclear assets and we shall Insha Allah.

China can show all the bravado it wants, but it doesn't have the balls to proceed with this deal without NSG approval.

oooooooooooo yeah i can smell it baby ITZ BURNING!!!.....:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::chilli:

oooooooooooo yeah i can smell it baby ITZ BURNING!!!.....:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::chilli:

Yar aise nai kehte. Btw way i am also smelling very intense jealousy hahaha. But who cares about this atleast China and Pakistan don't care about these crying babies.

Yar aise nai kehte. Btw way i am also smelling very intense jealousy hahaha. But who cares about this atleast China and Pakistan don't care about these crying babies.

It was extemporaneous....I have been trying to argue with two similar ones (one in indian defence....and other in Chinese) and learned some valuable characteristics of such people
1- They will jump into every discussion without even reading the most immediate post (Just happened with desiman in Chinese defence)
2- They will put arguments,,,,,arguments....and nothing logical but arguments( DrDeath was commenting extensively on regression and economies of scale even without knowing it:rofl:)....So funny made my day:rofl::rofl:

Chachingggggggggg.....................and we are in BUSINESS !!!!!!!!
China comes up for us once more..................

China, Pakistan discuss defence ties

Indo-Asian News Service
Beijing, June 18, 2010
First Published: 10:20 IST(18/6/2010)
Last Updated: 10:25 IST(18/6/2010)

Visiting Pakistani Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie have pledged to strengthen military ties during their meeting in Beijing on Thursday, Xinhua reported.

"Cooperation between the Chinese and Pakistani armed forces is exemplary and has been fruitful," Liang said at the meeting in Diaoyutai Guest House. He said the two sides should make continuous efforts to strengthen ties.

Kayani said Pakistan values its defence and security cooperation with China.

The Pakistani general also met Public Security Minister Meng Jianzhu and Vice Chairman of China's Central Military Commission Guo Boxiong, among others, on Thursday.

China, Pakistan discuss defence ties - Hindustan Times

U.S. to object to China-Pakistan nuclear reactor deal

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

NUCLEAR EXPORTS

U.S. will object to China-Pakistan deal

The Obama administration has decided to object to a lucrative deal in which state-owned Chinese companies would supply Pakistan with two nuclear reactors, U.S. officials said.

The deal is expected to be discussed next week at a meeting in New Zealand of the 46-nation Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG), which monitors such transactions. Experts had said it appears to be a violation of international guidelines forbidding nuclear exports to countries that have not signed the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty or do not have international safeguards on reactors. Pakistan has not signed the treaty.

China has suggested that the sale is grandfathered from before it joined the NSG in 2004, because it was completing work on two earlier reactors for Pakistan at the time. But U.S. officials disagree.

"Additional nuclear cooperation with Pakistan beyond those specific projects that were grandfathered in 2004 would require consensus approval" by the NSG, a U.S. official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity, "which we believe is extremely unlikely."

State Department spokesman Gordon DuGuid said the U.S. government "has reiterated to the Chinese government that the United States expects Beijing to cooperate with Pakistan in ways consistent with Chinese nonproliferation obligations."

washingtonpost.com

Very good move by China!

I don't think any other country beside US is going to be against this deal openly.

Very good move by China!

I don't think any other country beside US is going to be against this deal openly.

No, I'm expecting some criticism from India, EU, Canada too.

No, I'm expecting some criticism from India, EU, Canada too.

From Canada, not openly. :no:

From India, 100% guranteed. :agree:

From EU: Not as much as by canada. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom