What's new

China damming Brahmaputra river may prove disastrous for Bangladesh

Pretty certain they are rerouting to the arid regions of the Tibetan Plateau and Taklamakan desert, both of which are nearby.
Never heard of Tuvalu before. Is this country situated in Asia?

Pretty certain they are rerouting to the arid regions of the Tibetan Plateau and Taklamakan desert, both of which are nearby.
No, not exactly. I just read that China will reroute the Brahmaputra water to its north and NW. But, anyway we do not have to worry about the destinations.

Contrary to what people with little knowledge about Hydraulics and also due to a continuous Indian propaganda, this project is seen as harmful by the BD people.

In my opinion, it helps BD because China will withhold excess summer water in its reservoirs in the Himalayan north that causing less floods in BD in summer.

In winter, China will use the reservoir water to rotate the turbines to produce power.

This part of water comes down to BD in winter after producing power. So, BD will get more water than now in winter that will enrich BD agriculture.

@saif
I have been reading for the last few years that India wants to excavate soil and stones in the Siliguri corridor and bring the Brahmaputra/ Januna to the Ganges above Farakka.

I personally have not visited the Siliguri terrain. But I have reasons to believe that will not be able to bring water from a lower land of Assam (50m) through a higher land of Siliguri corridor (+120m).

Though I am not sure if India is bluffing BD to oppose the Chinese project. But, this re-routing means going through a long rough mountainous terrain and crossing many large and small rivers like Teesta, Dudhkumari, Dholoi and many others.

No wonder, India once proposed cut open BD land from Hili to the east to bring Janina water. If Hasina Bibi remains in power, she will gladly agree to this idea. She works for India.

I believe, there are many technical flaws and India has so far not did a planning for this project.

When China and India do this and that for the benefit of their respective countries, our govt keeps on making us happy by some fake news in the newspapers time to time.

Our leaders are just a bunch of fatuous people irrespective of party leaning.

@saif
I have been reading for the last few years that India wants to excavate soil and stones in the Siliguri corridor and bring the Brahmaputra/ Januna to the Ganges above Farakka.

I personally have not visited the Siliguri terrain. But I have reasons to believe that will not be able to bring water from a lower land of Assam (50m) through a higher land of Siliguri corridor (+120m).

Though I am not sure if India is bluffing BD to oppose the Chinese project. But, this re-routing means going through a long rough mountainous terrain and crossing many large and small rivers like Teesta, Dudhkumari, Dholoi and many others.

No wonder, India once proposed cut open BD land from Hili to the east to bring Janina water. If Hasina Bibi remains in power, she will gladly agree to this idea. She works for India.

I believe, there are many technical flaws and India has so far not did a planning for this project.

When China and India do this and that for the benefit of their respective countries, our govt keeps on making us happy by some fake news in the newspapers time to time.

Thank you @Blue Ocean bhai for an informative response. I have another question for you. Do we need to build Ganges barrage to counter Farakka barrage of India? Thanx in advance.

@saif

Wasn’t Farakka built during your beloved Pakistan days 🤣🤣🤣

Under BAL rule India has not diverted water, in fact agreed to increase water supply.

BNP tried in vain - never persuaded India.

As usual, BNP/Jamat claims are based on religious superstitions instead of realty 🤣🤣

Under BAL rule India has not diverted water, in fact agreed to increase water supply.
India started diverting water during Sheikh Mujib's tenure. President Ziaur Rahman managed to secure a deal on Ganges water sharing in 1977 for 5 years with a guarantee clause. Sheikh Hasina managed to sign an agreement on Ganges water sharing for 30 years without a guarantee clause. India took full advantage of the absence of a guarantee clause and did not release promised amount of water.

No, not exactly. I just read that China will reroute the Brahmaputra water to its north and NW. But, anyway we do not have to worry about the destinations.

Researchers said building the Yunnan tunnel would be a “rehearsal” of the new technology, engineering methods and equipment needed for the Tibet-Xinjiang tunnel, which would divert the Yarlung Tsangpo River in southern Tibet to the Taklimakan Desert in Xinjiang.
Yarlung is the Chinese name for Brahmaputra. You can see in the image below, the head of the Yarlung is close to the head of the Indus.
china-map.gif

Taklamakan is the desert on the leeway side of the Himalayas, in the Tarim Basin, near Yarlung. Gobi desert is not in the picture (i.e. too far away).
china-map-physical.jpg

Thank you @Blue Ocean bhai for an informative response. I have another question for you. Do we need to build Ganges barrage to counter Farakka barrage of India? Thanx in advance.
Ganges Barrage is a large project that cannot be attained by a poor BD. It says of a bank to bank construction of a low height barrage across the Padma/ Ganges.

The width will be 5 to 6 km even in the Goalundo/ Rajbari point. Very expensive when one thinks neither BD politicians nor its engineers have enough guts to initiate such a project.

Politicians cannot steal money if a project is done by the local related engineering departments. Engineers do not get their bribe money if foreign contractors are involved.

Foreign loan means at least four or five times more expenses than done by local people. India built Farakka and all other barrages by its own people. We rely more on sky power to help us. Praying days and nights to send us Angels to do such projects. Indians did it by itself.

Great @Bilal9 would not like someone praising Indian success. The GoB may ask his kind of people to build the Ganges Barrage.

Last edited:
Recently, I have been suggesting that Indians buy some robots. Don't fill your mind with shit.

View attachment 946167
@GreatHanWarrior we are not living in the Han dynasty era, but your new Emperor Xi is continuously taking over land, sea and mountains from other countries. China needs democracy restored.

By the way, I am now watching TV serial Qin Dynasty of your first Emperor 2250 yeas ago. Xi should stop following him and give all our water to us. Oh my God, China remains a bully even now!!!

Last edited:
@GreatHanWarrior we are not living in the Han dynasty era, but your new Emperor Xi is continuously taking over land, sea and mountains from other countries. China needs democracy restored.

By the way, I am now watching TV serial Qin Dynasty of your first Emperor 2250 yeas ago. Xi should stop following him and give all our water to us. Oh my God, China remains a bully even now!!!
??????????????

Please don't put Xi and Qin shihuang in the same position. Xi does not have this qualification.

What is your water ? All the water collected and flows in China is China's water, free for China to use. And how and when are China taking someone's land, sea and mountains ? lol, you are just as delusional as a BS Indian.

??????????????

Please don't put Xi and Qin shihuang in the same position. Xi does not have this qualification.

You are talking to a false-flagger Indian. It's clear he shills and roots for India.

He is a faker...

Ganges Barrage is a large project that cannot be attained by a poor BD. It says of a bank to bank construction of a low height barrage across the Padma/ Ganges.

The width will be 5 to 6 km even in the Goalundo/ Rajbari point. Very expensive when one thinks neither BD politicians nor its engineers have enough guts to initiate such a project.

Politicians cannot steal money if a project is done by the local related engineering departments. Engineers do not get their bribe money if foreign contractors are involved.

Foreign loan means at least four or five times more expenses than done by local people. India built Farakka and all other barrages by its own people. We rely more on sky power to help us. Praying days and nights to send us Angels to do such projects. Indians did it by itself.

Great @Bilal9 would not like someone praising Indian success. The GoB may ask his kind of people to build the Ganges Barrage.

Change your flag, I already reported and ignored you.

BD is richer than India - we all know this.

What is your water ? All the water collected and flows in China is China's water, free for China to use. And how and when are China taking someone's land, sea and mountains ? lol, you are just as delusional as a BS Indian.

These accounts - Killuminati and Blue Ocean, are false flagger Indians. I will explain later why I say so. Newly hatched accounts - extolling the glory of India.

Ignore them brother....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom