What's new

China Conducts Test of New Anti-Satellite Missile

I assume our American friends on this forum will soon post and say how this proves nothing and since made in China it is crap.

GPS not important with or without, China will get whipped.

The usual....

you are very welcome, I know how long it takes you guys to type 2 sentences, so I did it for you.

No thanks necessary, silent appreciation is all I ask

When the China bashers keep their silence, it is a mixture of appreciation, envy and fear in disguise.

ps: and the jealous and incapable China bashing trolls will flood this thread

Sooo....

Missile reached 10.000 kilometers, which is no small feat, but GPS satellites are double that height. And here it's touted as the end of satellites.

Sooo....

Missile reached 10.000 kilometers, which is no small feat, but GPS satellites are double that height. And here it's touted as the end of satellites.

As long as it's a blue streak in the sky it's ok for conscript rejects. imho, my 2 cents....:sleep:

If it can reach 10,000 kilometres, then this is the first step to creating a missile that goes even further.

China is developing a new form of warfare and this is very worrying for the US military that relies heavily on satellites.

With these tests, China is signalling in no uncertain terms that it is prepared to fight the US everywhere if needs be.

China is developing a new form of warfare and this is very worrying for the US military that relies heavily on satellites.

You think all this is new? The Soviet Union was expected to destroy every satellite in space using nuclear weapons. In response the US was prepared to reconstitute lost space capability within hours using ICBMs to launch tactical satellites.

The question for you - is China prepared to destroy 24 US and an equal number of Russian and European satellites to deny the US GPS? Are the Chinese prepared to destroy an additional 66 commercial satellites that supports US military operations? And more importantly how will the US react to China shooting down one of its satellites?

You think all this is new? The Soviet Union was expected to destroy every satellite in space using nuclear weapons. In response the US was prepared to reconstitute lost space capability within hours using ICBMs to launch tactical satellites.

The question for you - is China prepared to destroy 24 US and an equal number of Russian and European satellites to deny the US GPS? Are the Chinese prepared to destroy an additional 66 commercial satellites that supports US military operations? And more importantly how will the US react to China shooting down one of its satellites?

Is China's anti satellite capability meant for US alone? Neither US nor Russia is a threat to China's existence. There are other entities.

Soviet never had the ability to knock all types of satellites out of space that were on different kinds of orbits.

Yes the US can launch more satellites but China can then just shot those down as well. I guess it is easier for China to knock out satellites than for the US to keep launching more satellites.

At the end of the day China will lose less than the US as it is the US that gains the most from satellite technology.

For China it is a case of lessening US superiority just a little less with each new weapon and so making the US think harder if it is worth their while to confront China.

I am sure Chinese clearly understand how important it is for them to have a country like USA for overall civilizational advancement. Without USA, entire human civilization will soon be going back to the dark ages full of moral bankruptcy and superstitious barbarism. It is for the sake of advancement of modern concepts and practices, a nation like China eagerly transforming itself into a fully modern one needs USA as the torch bearer.

If it can reach 10,000 kilometres, then this is the first step to creating a missile that goes even further.

With these tests, China is signalling in no uncertain terms that it is prepared to fight the US everywhere if needs be.

Yes yes, of course, whatever you say. :omghaha:

Yes yes, of course, whatever you say. :omghaha:

Great retort there!:cheesy:

I am sure Chinese clearly understand how important it is for them to have a country like USA for overall civilizational advancement. Without USA, entire human civilization will soon be going back to the dark ages full of moral bankruptcy and superstitious barbarism. It is for the sake of advancement of modern concepts and practices, a nation like China eagerly transforming itself into a fully modern one needs USA as the torch bearer.

Are you for real?

If you actually mean what you say then....

:rofl:

Soviet never had the ability to knock all types of satellites out of space that were on different kinds of orbits.

Yes the US can launch more satellites but China can then just shot those down as well. I guess it is easier for China to knock out satellites than for the US to keep launching more satellites.

At the end of the day China will lose less than the US as it is the US that gains the most from satellite technology.

For China it is a case of lessening US superiority just a little less with each new weapon and so making the US think harder if it is worth their while to confront China.

The Soviet Union had capability that China can't match even today. And you really think the US will just let China destroy US space assets without retaliation?

The Soviet Union had capability that China can't match even today. And you really think the US will just let China destroy US space assets without retaliation?

US can retaliate but the question is who loses more here.

US or China?

As long as China loses less than the US then it has achieved it's objectives.

This is another weapon that China will soon have along with the DF-21D that will hamper the US ability to conduct war against China.

Back
Top Bottom