What's new

China concerned over US embassy expansion plan

Zulfiqar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (Online) - Expressing concern over expansion of American embassy in the federal capital, Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Luo Zhaohui has asked the US to expand the embassy keeping in view the security rules and regulation of Pakistan.

“China has concerns over expansion of US embassy in Islamabad and the United States should expand its embassy by materialising rules and regulations of Pakistan,” he said while addressing a news conference on Friday.

Responding to a question, he said China is against using the term ****** for Pakistan, as it is a sovereign state which should not be compared with Afghanistan where the US and allied forces are battling against insurgency.Answering to another question, the ambassador expressed satisfaction over security being given to the Chinese citizens in Pakistan saying, “We have no plan to deploy Chinese Army in our consulate.”

Commenting on relations between Pakistan and China, Luo Zhaohui referred to the collaboration with Pakistan in various fields and said his country would continue to assist its all weather friend to overcome the sugar and energy crises.
When asked about President Asif Ali Zardari’s visit to China after every 3 months, he said the visit of Pakistani President was aimed to boost working relationship between the two countries.
When President Asif Ali Zardari would travel to China at an official visit, full protocol would be provided to him, he said, adding Pakistan and China have people to contact.

Talking to a private TV channel on Thursday, Interior Minister Rehman Malik made it clear that US embassy has neither applied for grant of additional visa to more marines nor Pakistan permitted for the increased number of marines in the US embassy here. He said, “As for as marines are concerned, neither US has applied for any additional visas; nor we have given any permission to them and this was disinformation.”
The Minister said the news that US has hired 300 houses in capital has no realty and “it is totally wrong”.
To a question Rehman Malik said US, China and Turkey have applied for extra land for extension of their embassies.
“Pakistan is a sovereign country, who ever comes to Pakistan should have to obey the laws and regulations of this country.”

Talking to a private TV channel on Thursday, Interior Minister Rehman Malik made it clear that US embassy has neither applied for grant of additional visa to more marines nor Pakistan permitted for the increased number of marines in the US embassy here.

He said, “As for as marines are concerned, neither US has applied for any additional visas; nor we have given any permission to them and this was disinformation.”
The Minister said the news that US has hired 300 houses in capital has no realty and “it is totally wrong”.

To a question Rehman Malik said US, China and Turkey have applied for extra land for extension of their embassies.

“Pakistan is a sovereign country, who ever comes to Pakistan should have to obey the laws and regulations of this country.”

To another question, Rehman Malik said, “Blackwater is not operating in Pakistan-we have our own system, rules and regulations-we will not allow any body to operate from here.”

China concerned over US embassy expansion plan | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

If some one is wondering that what is meant by ***** in this article then it means the insulting word used by Americans for this region,they have a habit of eating the letters. The forum censors it automatically.

Well china should be concerned over us expansion in pakistan as it will hamper its pakistan specific regional interests and its all pakistan appeasing for so many years will go in vain. But for the time being china can not do anything but to merely be a spectator as us plays around in pakistan

Last edited:
China has 1+ trillion dollars sitting around. If they would give us more aid, we wouldn't need to suck up to the Americans.

are you just roaming in world for aid. That who gives more aid you will follow him.
I think you should drop this aid mentality and should stand up on your own feet. Thats how your country can be stablized. Otherwise aid giver will always misuse you and your resources.

are you just roaming in world for aid. That who gives more aid you will follow him.
I think you should drop this aid mentality and should stand up on your own feet. Thats how your country can be stablized. Otherwise aid giver will always misuse you and your resources.

Totally agree, but given our current situation, we are dependent on aid, and it might as well come from an all-weather friend like China than from a known double-dealer like the US.

As for developing our own economy, we will have to wait until Mr. 10% and the Sharif brothers gorge themselves and go off to die somewhere else.

Well china should be concerned over us expansion in pakistan as it will hamper its pakistan specific regional interests and its all pakistan appeasing for so many years will go in vain. But for the time being china can not do anything but to merely be a spectator as us plays around in pakistan

I can assure you most Pakistanis trust China more than U.S.

China's best interst is Pakistan's best interst and ISI and the Pakistani military always look after Pakistan's best interst. If Zardari does anything that goes against Pakistan's best interst, the people of Pakistan, ISI, and the Pakistan military will send him back to his villa in Dubai.

I am glad to hear that China and Turkey are also expanding their embassies, these are the two countries that are most trusted in Pakistan.

U.S. is the second least trusted country in Pakistan. We all know which country is the least trusted in Pakistan.

P.S. I also find the term ****** used by the U.S. to describe by motherland very offensive. Pakistan and Afghanistan are two VERY different countries. I'm glad the Chinese ambassador pointed that out.

Last edited:
I can assure you most Pakistanis trust China more than U.S.

U.S. is the second least trusted country in Pakistan. We all know which country is the least trusted in Pakistan.

Pakistan was ally of US since independence. They offer you billions of aid. We all know they pay you more than what they use. Obviously you cannot judge security with money but still its handful money company in your way. If you don't trust US, you have every right discard things with US by electing right candidate. It's you who elect, and its you who hate Mr. 10%. Better we need to understand that it's not politics it's we which need to be blamed. In India, it is easy to win against govt. if you are organized. You create strike and within 3 days you will heard with results.

For a long time, China might hope certain player comes to their senses and don't attempt something to no avail. China can help to make the Afghan Pakistan border an iron curtain should Islamabad ask for it, Saudis will help too with money without any reservation.

China would not interfere Pakistan's opportunity to receive good-wish helps from any countries including US, as Beijing believes anything good for Pak is good for China.

China has to say something at times when Islamabad faces security risks. Some times something is easier for Pak to say; some times it's easier for China to say. Diplomacy is never show hand game unless there is no alternatives. China does not want to see the bizarre picture of Chinese and US troops stationed side by side in Pakistan :rofl:

The message in the post seems that if someone keeps pushing and Islamabad feels threatened to be politically independent and ask for help, Chinese won't hesitate to accommodate any request by Islamabad, although be it against long time Chinese foreign policies.

I also seems a message that Pakistan is no card to play with China when Obama visit Beijing in November, China won't sacrifice Pak for anything.

“We have no plan to deploy Chinese Army in our consulate.”
Message: no country should consider put their troops in Pakistan. Or else, for the sake of Pakistan, China won't have a problem to bend long standing Chinese foreign policies (no Chinese troops on foreign soil).

We don't need Aid.Hell, the PIA Losses more then 1 billion dollar per year.1.5Bil/Year is peanuts.Just privatize the damn thing and we'll get few billions but we need technocrats who can fix the damn economy and recover it instead of people like Zardari and Tareen..Pakistan is a nation of 170 million and IMF Loan is enough which will be returned.Chinese Embassy is i guess heavily protected by Pakistan Army's SSG's and FC but US won't let our guards safe their embassy to protect their espionage missions..IF anyone thinks Pakistan cannot run without US AID then he is only kidding himself.Our Mil budget alone is just 4.5 billion which is 4% of our yearly budget..We just need some technocrats..PS:The aid provided by US will be used in FATA only and has nothing to do with Pakistan's day to day financial costs.China thankfully helped us a lot by starting development programs in Pakistan and setting up POF and PAC KAMRA.No matter how much US help it will never gain any respect from citizens of Pakistan unlike China which is arguably most favored nation in Pakistan.We respect Chinese and they respect us.They don't try to meddle in our internal problems despite being one of the closest ally.Don't send huge list of advisers.

Last edited:
Some Pakistanis claim that particular political parties and vicious street agitation on which considerable sums of monies were expended, brought what they call "democracy" to Pakistan -- It must be a reflection of popular will that Pakistanis have not seen any politcal action to prevent the US embassy expansion --- right??

The statement by the Chinese Ambassador is absolutely incredible -readers will notice that no political party has been willing to be seen allied with China and to continue sustained action -- this should cause concern among thinking Pakistanis -- the particular behaviour of Pakistani political parties does not cause concern in China because they know the political parties in Pakistan are commercial enterprises and China will not engage in such unethical action, in the name of "democracy".

Message: no country should consider put their troops in Pakistan. Or else, for the sake of Pakistan, China won't have a problem to bend long standing Chinese foreign policies (no Chinese troops on foreign soil).

Maybe China should consider doing that, to ensure that the Americans don't implement their imperial policies in Pakistan.

China has to say something at times when Islamabad faces security risks. Some times something is easier for Pak to say; some times it's easier for China to say. Diplomacy is never show hand game unless there is no alternatives.

Exactly! China is saying what Pakistan's politicians are too timid to say.

We don't need Aid.Hell, the PIA Losses more then 1 billion dollar per year.1.5Bil/Year is peanuts.Just privatize the damn thing and we'll get few billions but we need technocrats who can fix the damn economy and recover it instead of people like Zardari and Tareen..Pakistan is a nation of 170 million and IMF Loan is enough which will be returned.

Pakistan's population is fairly rich but we don't collect taxes. I think only 1% of people pay honest taxes, the rest just bribe the tax guy. If we can get a government that reforms the tax code and fixes corruption, we will have plenty of money.

Last edited:
Exactly! China is saying what Pakistan's politicians are too timid to say.

I don't think so. More like a joint statement only that this time Pak is not in a convenient position to say No. Cause if Pak jumps out and say No, it will backfire and put more pressure to Beijing (whenever Pak security is threatened).

China/Pak relationship is more complex than you or me might imagine. I think only those who are actually in the circle know better. It seems to me always that anything one country says is a de-facto joint statement. I don't believe Zardari needs to constantly go to China for some grand reason of trying to see what's working in China if there is a chance that it would be appropriate for Pak too. It's more of a joint statement (from Beijing): do not attempt Pakistan. China today's interest is involved in so many front that any polarization of Chinese would backfire, as no matter what one says, you can never satisfy everybody. I have no doubt they work very closely on all front, since it seems to me that only Pakistani understands Chinese better in this world(and maybe vice versa), could not find another, this is why it's called a very special relationship by both sides. They have to make this joint statement because they have already released various signals and no one seems to be heeding.

Totally agree, but given our current situation, we are dependent on aid, and it might as well come from an all-weather friend like China than from a known double-dealer like the US.

As for developing our own economy, we will have to wait until Mr. 10% and the Sharif brothers gorge themselves and go off to die somewhere else.

Really, we as countries sud never rely on external Aids... there is nothing like Aid in technical terms, even if its for free , it still has strings attached to it.. political influence, economic influences and u name it...
If there is some calamity, thats a different story but taking aids for even running a nation is bad. Hope these contributions do sth gud to common man instead of being drained to those corrupt leaders again,,

I don't think so. More like a joint statement only that this time Pak is not in a convenient position to say No. Cause if Pak jumps out and say No, it will backfire and put more pressure to Beijing (whenever Pak security is threatened).

China/Pak relationship is more complex than you or me might imagine. I think only those who are actually in the circle know better. It seems to me always that anything one country says is a de-facto joint statement. I don't believe Zardari needs to constantly go to China for some grand reason of trying to see what's working in China if there is a chance that it would be appropriate for Pak too. It's more of a joint statement (from Beijing): do not attempt Pakistan. China today's interest is involved in so many front that any polarization of Chinese would backfire, as no matter what one says, you can never satisfy everybody. I have no doubt they work very closely on all front, since it seems to me that only Pakistani understands Chinese better in this world(and maybe vice versa), could not find another, this is why it's called a very special relationship by both sides. They have to make this joint statement because they have already released various signals and no one seems to be heeding.

u bring a gud point, I didnt understand why any body wud visit a country every quarter to understand what works or not... it just seems pretentious... no development follows if leader just visit developed/developing nations every quarter !! thats fu nnny , on a serious note there's lot more or completely different reasons for these state visits...

Back
Top Bottom