What's new

China building new Type 052D guided missile destroyer

Show me the specifications on the range, resolution, power, etc.

That just shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. Aegis is not a radar, it does not have range, resolution or power. Aegis is software and computers that use inputs from various radars and integrates them into a "picture" of the area and then launches and controls the various weapons to meet any threats. Many different radars and weapons can be integrated into Aegis. The radar that feeds data into Aegis has a range and resolution, Aegis software does not

The Aegis Combat System (ACS) is an advanced command and control (command and decision, or C&D, in Aegis parlance), and weapon control system (WCS)

this has absolutely nothing to do with the Aegis systems sold to Japan. Japan uses the exact same version of Aegis as the US as reported in Defense industry daily. As does Australia and other countries

http://www.dsca.mil/pressreleases/36-b/2008/Australia_08-74.pdf

You're clueless

1. I've already cited Global Security to note that Japanese Aegis don't have Tomahawks. The Japanese Aegis are strictly defensive in capability. They are crippled destroyers. Let me say it again. Japanese Aegis are inferior to American Aegis.

Tomahawks are offensive weapons to attack enemy land targets. American Aegis have both offensive and defensive capabilities.

2. Global Security also mentioned other American Aegis systems were never installed on the Japanese Aegis. What are they? I don't know, but it's something important and classified.

3. I can't believe how literal and stupid you are. In its absolute strictest sense, Aegis is the software integration. However, Aegis is commonly used to refer to the entire weapon system.

The Japanese did not invent their own radars and missiles for integration with the American Aegis software. The Japanese merely built the steel hull for the Japanese Aegis ship and filled it with critical American systems.

Did you bother to look at the phased-array plates, AN/SPY-1 radar, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, ASROC, etc.? They are all sourced from the American Aegis destroyer system. None of it is Japanese.

USA sure will hold back in Ageis system, Japan will backstab them anytime like what happened in pearl harbor.

Yes,The Japanese warships of the radar performance is only 2/3 that the same type of the United States

That just shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. Aegis is not a radar, it does not have range, resolution or power. Aegis is software and computers that use inputs from various radars and integrates them into a "picture" of the area and then launches and controls the various weapons to meet any threats. Many different radars and weapons can be integrated into Aegis. The radar that feeds data into Aegis has a range and resolution, Aegis software does not

The Aegis Combat System (ACS) is an advanced command and control (command and decision, or C&D, in Aegis parlance), and weapon control system (WCS)
We learned that about him a loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

OMG!Indians, could I ask you some questions? What is state secret? Can it be released to the whole world? If you think other countries' citizens are "honest" like you, then all spies on this planet will lose their jobs. The data of weapon is state secret. What has been released is something like advertisement that make you want to buy them. So if you think those weapon vendors do not hide anything like selling their customers downgraded weapons, then you are the "best" customers they love. Export weapons are always propagandaed as good as original version, but the truth is that they have been downgraded in order to avoid offensing the export county.

You're clueless

if you put it in color does it make you feel better?
1. I've already cited Global Security to note that Japanese Aegis don't have Tomahawks. The Japanese Aegis are strictly defensive in capability. They are crippled destroyers. Let me say it again. Japanese Aegis are inferior to American Aegis.

Japan doesn't have the tomahawk because the Japanese government in the past decided Tomahawks are not in keeping with their constitution. It has nothing to do with the version of Aegis they are using

In keeping with Japan's post-war pacifist constitution, the Atago class does not carry the Tomahawk missile.

2. Global Security also mentioned other American Aegis systems were never installed on the Japanese Aegis. What are they? I don't know, but it's something important and classified.

You mean this global security?

There are six ship classes contained within the AEGIS "class" of ships:

United States Ticonderoga-class cruisers
United States Arleigh Burke-class destroyers
Japanese Kongo-class destroyers
Spanish F-100 frigates
Norweigan Fridtjof Nansen frigates
Australian Hobart Air Warfare Destroyer (AWD)

AEGIS Combat System

3. I can't believe how literal and stupid you are. In its absolute strictest sense, Aegis is the software integration. However, Aegis is commonly used to refer to the entire weapon system.

Only by people who don't know any better. You asked about the range of Aegis and Aegis has no range, it works with a number of different radars that do actually have range, unlike software.

The Japanese did not invent their own radars and missiles for integration with the American Aegis software. The Japanese merely built the steel hull for the Japanese Aegis ship and filled it with critical American systems.

Did you bother to look at the phased-array plates, AN/SPY-1 radar, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, ASROC, etc.? They are all sourced from the American Aegis destroyer system. None of it is Japanese.

Yes, that is exactly the point. Japan is using the same Aegis combat system as the US, and SM-2 and SM-3's etc.

BTW Australia is also buying the most current version of Aegis as the US, Mod 7 for the Hobart Class destroyers. It also has Tomahawk capability

strategic land strike capability (via Mk 41 vertical launchers that can accommodate BGM-109 Tomahawk Cruise missiles)

Aussie Anti-Air Umbrella: The Hobart Class Ships

The same goes for Spain
In June 2008, Spain requested the foreign military sale (FMS) of Raytheon Tomahawk Block IV land attack missiles to arm the F100 frigates.

F100 Alvaro de Bazan Class Frigate - Naval Technology

And Here is this:

AEGIS BMD 3.0 can be used only for tracking, while AEGIS BMD 3.6.1 can be used for full engagement. Japan’s goal is to have all ship equipped with BMD 3.6.1, and this has been achieved. Presumably, the final upgrades will also include Cooperative Engagement Capability.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/204969-china-building-new-type-052d-guided-missile-destroyer-3.html

3.6.1 is the most recent version of Aegis that has reached FOC. You do know what FOC is right?

Now I have a question, how old are you? Because this is like arguing with a 12 yr old.

Downgraded exported American equipment are inferior to the original.

Only newbies believe otherwise.

Baloney. That's called political spin. The Japanese possess plenty of offensive weapons, such as the Apache attack helicopter.

The fact of the matter is that the U.S. refuses to export the offensive Tomahawk missile to either Japan or South Korea. If a Tomahawk landed in China, there will be grave consequences.

Look, you're an idiot and I'm tired of arguing with you. I have provided plenty of examples in this thread where the U.S. downgraded everything including a navigation pod, targeting pod, M1 tank, F-35, and F-22.

Get it through your thick skull. Exported American military equipment is not as good as the real thing.

In my final citation below, it shows that Japanese Aegis need to be upgraded to American standards. However, as my previous citation from Global Security showed, there are most likely elements and capabilities in the new proposed upgrade that are still missing in the Japanese Aegis version.

In conclusion, I couldn't care less what a clueless newbie like you (Twain) believe.

----------

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_08_16_2012_p0-486467.xml&p=1

"US, Japan Said Discussing Missile-defense Ship Upgrades
By Reuters
August 16, 2012

The United States and Japan are discussing system upgrades for a pair of Japanese destroyers to boost defenses against a ballistic missile attack, an executive at the Pentagon’s top contractor said Wednesday.

The potential multimillion-dollar updates to two Atago-class guided-missile destroyers would provide cutting-edge “Aegis” ballistic missile defenses equivalent to those being added to U.S. Navy ships, said Nick Bucci, who heads such maritime programs at Lockheed Martin Corp.

Japan, rattled by North Korean nuclear arms and ballistic missile tests, has emerged as the most important U.S. partner in crafting a layered shield against missiles of all ranges and in all phases of flight.

The United States has been spending roughly $10 billion a year on the overall project, a reflection of concern chiefly about North Korea and Iran.

Lockheed Martin’s Aegis combat system weaves in radar, computers, software, displays, weapons launchers and weapons to defend against a range of surface, aerial and underwater threats.

Named for the mythological shield of Zeus, the Aegis system is to be deployed ashore in Romania and Poland starting around 2015 to defend Europe from ballistic missile threats from countries such as Iran, as well as on a growing number of U.S. ships.

Japan decided in 2003 to upgrade all four of its Aegis-equipped Kongo-class destroyers to be capable of shooting down ballistic missiles using Raytheon Co Standard Missile-3 interceptors.

The work now under discussion would modernize the Aegis systems aboard the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force’s Atago and Ashigara to a more advanced setup than the Kongo-class, Bucci said in a telephone interview with Reuters. He declined to cite a potential value for such upgrades other than millions of dollars.

Included would be new brains for the Aegis system’s radar, designed to be able to thwart ballistic missiles at the same time as defend against other airborne attacks.

Also included would be new computing infrastructure, displays, consoles and sensors, Bucci said from Huntsville, Alabama, where he was attending an Army-supported conference on space and missile defense.

With such a modernization, the Atago and Ashigara would be capable of firing an updated SM-3 missile that Japan is co-developing with the United States. Kongo-class destroyers would need a separate upgrade of their own to achieve this.

The updated SM-3 interceptor, known as Block IIA, is a cornerstone of the penultimate phase of President Barack Obama’s roadmap for defending NATO’S European territory against missile attack.

The interceptor’s larger rocket motors and advanced “hit-to-kill” warhead are meant to defend a greater area. The warhead works by colliding with its target. The program is on track for a 2018 delivery, Raytheon, the U.S. partner, said in March. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd is the Japanese contractor.

The cooperative research effort on the updated interceptor been carried out under a U.S.-Japanese memorandum of agreement signed shortly after North Korea’s surprise Aug. 31, 1998, launch of a three-stage Taepo Dong-1 missile that overflew Japan before falling into the Pacific.

Bucci in the interview said he was “pretty sure” that South Korea, which has three Aegis-equipped destroyers, has been talking to the U.S. Navy about similar ship upgrades to ballistic missile defense configuration.

The U.S. Defense Department and the Navy had no immediate comment on any such possible programs for Japan or South Korea.

The U.S. Navy’s own fleet of ballistic missile defense-capable Aegis ships is schedule to grow from 24 at the end of fiscal 2011 to 36 by the end of fiscal 2018, according to an August 10, 2012, report by the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, a Library of Congress arm.

(Reporting By Jim Wolf; Editing by M.D. Golan)"

Baloney. That's called political spin. The Japanese possess plenty of offensive weapons, such as the Apache attack helicopter.
The helo is a BATTLEFIELD weapon, as in LOCAL BATTLEFIELD, not a long range strategic weapon like a nuclear equipped cruise missile or even a long range tactical version.

This smacks of desperation. You were proven wrong.

The helo is a BATTLEFIELD weapon, as in LOCAL BATTLEFIELD, not a long range strategic weapon like a nuclear equipped cruise missile or even a long range tactical version.

This smacks of desperation. You were proven wrong.

Do you want to be an idiot too?

An Apache helicopter is an ATTACK helicopter.

Put those Apache attack helicopters on a Japanese helicopter carrier (see citation below) and it's a nasty offensive weapon.

The newbie is a complete idiot and he's claiming something that is not true. I just gave him a citation to prove that Japanese Aegis need to be UPGRADED to American Aegis standards. My last citation proved that Japanese Aegis is INFERIOR to American Aegis.

Hopefully, the idiot will shut the hell up now. I had to go through a ton of citations before he would get a clue.

----------

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - Japan to Build New Helicopter Carrier

"Sep 15, 2011 – Japan already has two helicopter carriers -- the Hyuga deployed in March 2009 and the Ise deployed in March 2011 -- but the planned new ..."

Do you want to be an idiot too?

An Apache helicopter is an ATTACK helicopter.

Yes and those "ATTACK" helicopters can used in a defensive battle, as in to attack advancing armor.

Back
Top Bottom