What's new

China BAD

What's the point that the author wants to convey?
Basically that in effect, the Pak-China trade relationship is a one dimensional affair where China exports $10 billion worth of products every year to Pakistan but has next to nothing that can be exported to China. 40 percent of Pakistan's entire trade deficit is the consequence of the bilateral trade with China.

Are there any other stats available to trash what has been said in the article? He's just stating the facts.

For example, China isn't putting in all that effort into opening an economic corridor from Gwadar to Xingiang spending billions of dollars just as a hand-out to Pakistan. It has it's own vested economic and military interests which is of greater priority to it than 'helping' Pakistan in building infrastructure in Balochistan (which it is doing for its own ends). In other words, China isn't all that altruistic that it is made out to be by the Pakistanis.

Thirdly, what are the issues brought out in the article that can be challenged? Instead of trashing all that he has written can the posters out here who are crying foul, do some homework and come out with their counter arguments instead of bashing the author? I don't think he has invented these facts. They can be got from the internet at the click of a button.

No one is saying that the Sino Pak relationship has gone sour, only the skewed economic relationship between them.

LOL, do people actually go: "Hey, let's trade with China... I hear they are really altruistic!" :lol:

No, no one does that. They all know that since Deng Xiaoping we have been a very pragmatic, and business-minded in any and all of our trade dealings.

Everyone knows that. It's not a surprise to anyone.

In any case, no one goes into a business deal with another country expecting altruism anyway. Business is business.

No one is saying that the Sino Pak relationship has gone sour, only the skewd economic relationship between them.

Skewed is a good first step before Sour can be arrived at -- The suggestion that Pakistan have nothing to trade with is - interesting - obviously it's ridiculous - but if you do not take steps to sell, then it can be argued that you do not have anything to trade with

Pakistan needs this relationship more than China does - and yet it behaves as if it was some waif whose naaz must be suffered - Curious?? Yes certainly, but what is the explanation? Who said Mercenary??? Bilaady fuol!

lol, i'm so tempted to write it all in black and white but i'd get banned probably. But it's amazing you people still count on a hobbled man to help you learn to run.

LOL, do people actually go: "Hey, let's trade with China... I hear they are really altruistic!" :lol:

No, no one does that. They all know that since Deng Xiaoping we have been a very pragmatic, and business-minded in any and all of our trade dealings.

Everyone knows that. It's not a surprise to anyone.

In any case, no one goes into a business deal with another country expecting altruism anyway. Business is business.

Dragon the point is lost on most Pakistanis - around the world, countries want to trade with China - but in Pakistan, it must be constantly prodded to trade more, as if they do not understand the benefit of trade with China.

How do you explain this??

lol, i'm so tempted to write it all in black and white but i'd get banned probably. But it's amazing you people still count on a hobbled man to help you learn to run.

Be truthful and Honest -- and give some credit to the mods and admin -- So write

countries want to trade with China

they've established a 1v1 relationship, ready to take China to court if needed.
Pakistani's with a servility complex don't have the balls to do it, Chinese know it and exploit it willingly. When you need money, they don't give, because they know you will run to them anyway out of other interests.

they know you're weak and are just reaping the benefits while you wonder here.....

Lets face it , we all have to deal with the American owned china , if we don't want to deal with America herself , and chant allah Akbar , death to murica' forever

1. That China is not a constitutional Democracy
2. The PLA is dictatorial regimes storm troopers, and not nationalist guardians of China's borders and security
3. That the PLA is overstretched - it is a paper tiger and cannot help Pakistan even if it wanted to

What significance to these 3 points have? If China isn't a democracy then what? That doesn't mean we cut off relations with them.

4. Pakistan have nothing China wish to trade
5 China does not trade with Pakistan, it steals from Pakistan, as Pakistan has a huge deficit with China and this is not the fault of Pakistanis but of China

The only thing that is worth discussing.

You have also got to keep in mind that the trade deficit is not China's fault. It isn't China's fault that we have nothing to offer? We improve our products, get the industry going and we benefit China, simple as that.

The other thing that China can get out of us is a shorter route for transit. The recent visit to China made all the right noises. China's investment in Gwadar and KKH is due to a reason.

Preliminary work on Pak-China train link begins - DAWN.COM provide China something geographically.

Basically that in effect, the Pak-China trade relationship is a one dimensional affair where China exports $10 billion worth of products every year to Pakistan but has next to nothing that can be exported to China. 40 percent of Pakistan's entire trade deficit is the consequence of the bilateral trade with China.

Are there any other stats available to trash what has been said in the article? He's just stating the facts.

For example, China isn't putting in all that effort into opening an economic corridor from Gwadar to Xingiang spending billions of dollars just as a hand-out to Pakistan. It has it's own vested economic and military interests which is of greater priority to it than 'helping' Pakistan in building infrastructure in Balochistan (which it is doing for its own ends). In other words, China isn't all that altruistic that it is made out to be by the Pakistanis.

Thirdly, what are the issues brought out in the article that can be challenged? Instead of trashing all that he has written can the posters out here who are crying foul, do some homework and come out with their counter arguments instead of bashing the author? I don't think he has invented these facts. They can be got from the internet at the click of a button.

No one is saying that the Sino Pak relationship has gone sour, only the skewed economic relationship between them.

Kindly see my reply in post 27. I didn't disagree with the economic POV, but what's the significance of saying that CHina isn't a democracy, it's Army is not a national Army and bla bla bla.

I also agree with the point that the Chinese investment in Gwadar and other areas is due to a reason. So thank you Sherlock!

What significance to these 3 points have? If China isn't a democracy then what? That doesn't mean we cut off relations with them.

You have also got to keep in mind that the trade deficit is not China's fault. It isn't China's fault that we have nothing to offer? We improve our products, get the industry going and we benefit China, simple as that.

The other thing that China can get out of us is a shorter route for transit. The recent visit to China made all the right noises. China's investment in Gwadar and KKH is due to a reason.

Kindly see my reply in post 27. I didn't disagree with the economic POV, but what's the significance of saying that CHina isn't a democracy, it's Army is not a national Army and bla bla bla.

Us and them --

They are a tyranny: communism, their armed forces a police force that cannot help us, and they are ripping us off

How do Pakistanis respond?

No fun in that. Besides I don't want to spoil @muse's flow.

i hate to look dumb because it's 10 AM on a Sunday....but here goes...all i read is a rant on why Pakistan should not rely on China, with a tempering foreword from muse on how Chinese should not get upset, some Pakistani's just haven't grown up yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom