What's new

China and India: Contest of the century

This fella and other such Indians, Chinese should more such friends.

The root problem is that once corruption has already set it, it would not help to change from a democratic government to an autocratic one, infact it will just make things worse.

China in it's founding days is pretty 'clean'. Even with that corruption sets in so now you still need periodic clean up from the central government, which managed to remain largely unaffected. But suppose china has started off with democratic government when it was still unstable, then corruption sets in at the high levels it is beyond salvage.

So the question of how to address corruption here is more than just a comparison of democratic vs autocratic government system. A corrupt autocratic government absolutely won't help things. Autocracies have polarising effects, they make good more efficient and bad more horrible.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Corruption in China growing at least as fast as the economy

GovernanceNow.com | Open defecation ? India?s shame
Hunger Proliferates In A Democracy; India Tops The Chart By Devinder Sharma
Not enough food, so children learn to eat mud - Hindustan Times
Extreme Poverty and Hunger in India
Please don?t cheer the 2010 loot-fest - The Times of India

http://www.theodora.com/wfbcurrent/india/india_economy.html

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

India Economy Survey 2010 [Report]

The root problem is that once corruption has already set it, it would not help to change from a democratic government to an autocratic one, infact it will just make things worse.

China in it's founding days is pretty 'clean'. Even with that corruption sets in so now you still need periodic clean up from the central government, which managed to remain largely unaffected. But suppose china has started off with democratic government when it was still unstable, then corruption sets in at the high levels it is beyond salvage.

So the question of how to address corruption here is more than just a comparison of democratic vs autocratic government system. A corrupt autocratic government absolutely won't help things. Autocracies have polarising effects, they make good more efficient and bad more horrible.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

SUCH LIES-SUCH LIES!

BBC News - Corruption up among China government officials

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Corruption in China: How Bad is It? - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

Happy now? need more, feel free to let me know:lol:

YES I AM.STOP INSULTING US OR I WILL REVEAL FAULTS OF CHINA.:angel:

India "rocks" for its elites. For the ordinary people, it may not rock so much. For some, it doesn't rock at all, except for those in their stomachs because they can't afford food. This is true in all societies, but is especially pronounced in low-resource, high population density societies with an incomplete education system.

elites?

like their dishonest PM who claimed in 2004 that mumbai would overtake Shanghai in 5 years?

yes. the elites in india live like kings. 1 billion USD mansions, private helicopters, 2 indians in world's top 10 richest, glittering skyscrapers rising above the slums of shame... it's great to be elite in india!

I very cautiously avoid any topic related to China because of these goddamn trolls. Even white supremacists seem angels in front of them.

I don't know why moderators letting them have such a trollfest, here 'them' is country-independent.

I very cautiously avoid any topic related to China because of these goddamn trolls. Even white supremacists seem angels in front of them.

I don't know why moderators letting them have such a trollfest, here 'them' is country-independent.

Then get people like Rahul Indian and IND51 to stop trolling, damn. look at yourselves. i used to criticize people who talked against india but now?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom