What's new

China aims to become world technological power by 2049

I think you made this reply only because your intellectual capacity isnt sufficient to grasp what i said. like many of the posters in this thread you are riding the collective "feel good" train fueled by your pathetic hate for the "west" which prevents you from thinking critically. Sheep come to mind.
Cant expect more from a dumb jihadi kebap maker anyway.

- Unnecessary Anger - Check
- Personal Attack - Check
- Racist Namecalling against Muslims - Check
- Tough Internet Guy - Check!

Gentlemen, I believe we have an angry white dude on our hands. Better keep tabs on this one, he's also a racist. He might just pull a Anders Breivik someday.

Buddy look at well known, high impact factor International journals, you will find Chinese every where. Their rate of growth of research and development is way higher than us. That's why I said 2040-45, I won't be surprised if it happens few years earlier than the deadline.

I agree people bash India about our research programs but leave them as it is, we have built ur super computer many years ago, we can do this too. The knowledge transfer and technological development is easier when you have a basic architecture prepared and operational.

looks like you have taken place of CC's, congrats you got promotion :tup:

I think you made this reply only because your intellectual capacity isnt sufficient to grasp what i said. like many of the posters in this thread you are riding the collective "feel good" train fueled by your pathetic hate for the "west" which prevents you from thinking critically. Sheep come to mind.
Cant expect more from a dumb jihadi kebap maker anyway.

how about your pathetic hate for the Chinese ?

the major problem is the university system. The old professors are hanging on to their seats and getting the money even as their knowledge is more and more outdated, while the young professors are starving for money.

this is slowly getting better though. what needs to happen is more young investigator grants that are barred from anyone over the age of 40, more even geographic distribution of PhD granting institutions, expanding enrollment to 50% by creating new schools, eliminating tenure and replacing it with 10-15 year contracts, doubling pay to academics, and simplifying both undergrad and graduate school admissions procedures.

The final goal should be, by 2020, producing at least 1/4 of all PhDs in the world, 1/3 of all citable papers, and above average citation rates. There should be at least 5 top 50 schools, 10 top 100 schools, and 20 top 200 schools.

This trend happens all over the world and it is not a Chinese phenomenon. Tenure track professorship in all universities are having the same problem. The key to beat this is to raise the bar.

2049!!!

Last time I checked Chinese were jumping all over the forum when India announced about supercomputer in 2017!

indian supercomputers are not even in top 50 and very few in numbers overall in the Top500 list!

Nobel Prizes have little to do with it. What we need is many solid researchers with a wide breadth of knowledge and strong collaboration across disciplines.

There's some areas of research that simply will no longer give a Nobel Prize these days.

Nobel Prize has never had a place for Math, ever. But they have the Fields Medal instead, Same applies to computer programming, architecture, biology, archaeology ... etc

You're never going to get a Nobel Prize for a better photovoltaic material, even a revolutionary one. You're never going to get a Nobel Prize for aerodynamics. Etc, etc. Yet can you say photovoltaics and aerodynamics, for instance, are useless? They're giving out lots of Nobels for biomedical related things; does that mean biomedical research is the key to wealth? (No, it is not.)

I think the Nobel Prize committee are changing their evaluation criteria by taking into consideration of the pragmatic side of science / academic disciplines. Charles Kao won the prize in physics in 2009 for his invention of optic fibre. They should have recognised applied science to be as important as empirical studies long ago.

And biomedical research is a route to wealth - definitely!

Think about the patent of a new drug that cures cancer, aids and many other diseases .. or simply pills that can treat hair loss or help growth of hair

- Unnecessary Anger - Check
- Personal Attack - Check
- Racist Namecalling against Muslims - Check
- Tough Internet Guy - Check!

Gentlemen, I believe we have an angry white dude on our hands. Better keep tabs on this one, he's also a racist. He might just pull a Anders Breivik someday.

So, anything you wanna share that's on topic? Or when out of arguments you resort to deflecting like the pro bots?

how about your pathetic hate for the Chinese ?

I dont hate the Chinese lol, but if i may be honest, my opinion of you folks went down drastically after stumbling on you over the net. I have great respect for you ancestors though, Confucius, Sun Tzu, Feng Shui also isn't bad, i think your proverbs are one of the wittiest and funniest i ever read, i like Chinese food (no dogs and cats) etc.....

But when you have you and your countryman outright lying, boasting, downright ignoring facts just to get your propaganda through, well my urge to pour you a clean cup of wine comes out. My astro sign is truth bearer. Sorry.

Feel good thread for the less developed! How cute. In the end even beggars have to have hopes! Even if that hope is 40 years away and one half of its equasion is totally wrong and the other is based on a unsustainable growth number that is never coming back. But ye, carry on, nvm that the rest of the world is not standing still.

LOL.

China is on track to be a developed country by 2025.

More than likely they will be equal with the US in technology by 2030.

Chinese government is notoriously cautious in it's predictions - just ten years ago it said that China will have GDP/capita of 3,000 dollars by 2012. The are nearly double that in 2012 now.

Last I checked, the EU is in economic meltdown. One deep recession after another with no end in sight.:lol:

Amazing to see such many posts on a topic of nonsense.

now thats a typical chinese high IQ post :lol:

U will agree Indian gloating stops when they compare themselfs with China on any level. Chinese achivements compare to india are more by leaps and bound in every field.Most importentley chinese do not have slave mentality and that is reflected in, they do not feel proud speaking foreign language. They have their own dressing, their own new year and list goes on . On the other hand Indians feel proud speaking english dressing up english eating english and now u guyes starting to behave like english too. IT,s all indictive of a nation not proud of their own heritage and the list goes on and on.I hope i am not showing u that mirror i was talking about which tells indians every morning they still indian , sorry did not mean to ruin your party.

I dont hate the Chinese lol, but if i may be honest, my opinion of you folks went down drastically after stumbling on you over the net. I have great respect for you ancestors though, Confucius, Sun Tzu, Feng Shui also isn't bad, i think your proverbs are one of the wittiest and funniest i ever read, i like Chinese food (no dogs and cats) etc.....

But when you have you and your countryman outright lying, boasting, downright ignoring facts just to get your propaganda through, well my urge to pour you a clean cup of wine comes out. My astro sign is truth bearer. Sorry.[ I think u ngn may not be capable of respecting anyone in your life to find out the reason my question to u will be, were u born to a single mother ?

Seems any topic on China is a big hit today regardless of important or not. I guess if someone opens a thread with a title some sorts of "China will conquer the orbit and claim the Mars as theirs"...
:lol:

Chines government doing very well for their future to be a world number one power. They working very hard, every year they sending smart students under state control and support to western countries especially Europe (Germany, Holland etc.), Canada, USA , Australia and they didn't start this yesterday They were doing this strategy for at least 30 years. Now time to get some goods.

Similarly India is also doing samething but not more than 10 years i guess.
What about Pakistan? U guys dont have any Industrial planes for future?

Back
Top Bottom