What's new

China admits its cos' involvement in shipping fake drugs

Screaming Skull

Reaction score

Aug 11, 2009

New Delhi China has admitted that its pharmaceutical companies were involved in shipping fake drugs labelled 'Made In India' to Nigeria.

"The Chinese authorities have accepted this position (that its firms were involved in the case),"
:disagree: an official said.

"The Indian government took up the matter with the Nigerian authorities and on further probe, it was found that the drugs had actually originated in China and not in India," he added.

In June, Nigeria's drug regulatory authority National Agency for Food And Drug Administration And Control (NAFDAC) had reported about the detention of a large consignment of fake anti-malarial generic pharmaceuticals labelled 'Made in India' which were actually produced in China.

Following the incident, India took up the issue with China fearing that this could damage the reputation of the 12-billion-dollar Indian pharmaceutical industry in the global market.

Though, China had assured of investigations in the matter, Indian authorities were not given any time frame.

India has asked its missions in the region to step up vigil for protecting the nation's image and market.

"These kinds of incidents are also tarnishing the image of the Indian pharmaceutical products in the international market," the official said.

To crack down on the growing menace of spurious drugs, the government will introduce measures including roping in of private detective agencies, setting up a separate intelligence network and a reward up to Rs 25 lakh for informers.

"Steps are also being taken to set up drug testing centres at various ports, besides offering rebates in ceiling price to drug manufacturers adopting latest packing technology to counter the menace," an official said.

On August 3, a four-member Nigerian delegation led by NAFDAC Director General Paul Orhii met Indian authorities and discussed the recent seizure of the drug consignment.

NAFDAC has taken up the issue with the Interpol which is looking into the case.

Why are you angry?You are trying to make it look like as if it was Chinese State Policy.Get off your holier then thou attitude.

Why are you angry?You are trying to make it look like as if it was Chinese State Policy.Get off your holier then thou attitude.

Playing with the lives of innocent, poor, helpless and uneducated inhabitants of third world countries in the name of business ain't funny. Human beings with little conscience are bound to get angry! Oh but I forgot that doesn't apply to Chinese worshipers! Does it? And I am not making it look like anything! If you have a problem go raise it with the author of the original article.

How does this news relate to indian defence?
I assume there is already a thread on it started by another smart indian! why not continue in same thread? or are there some more compelling reasons otherwise for not doing so?

Friend are you ok? Have you took one of fake chinese drugs labelled 'made in india'??? If not than atleast dont say what u have said just now. Do you know what is fake drugs and what it can cause? Its called 'DEATH'. killing innocent people is china's joyful moment??? My friend presume your any family member got ill and took that chinese fake drugs than would you say same what you said in your post??? What to kill innocent ppl? Sure kill but dont involve india in your joyful moment of killing innocent people. Stop using 'made in india' name in your horrible cruelest crimes. Just imagine how it feels our own family member dies in front of our eyes just because of fake drugs. No matter how cruel human can be that human wont do what china's this criminals done. Even a word 'cruel' is less cruel in front of this kind of crime.

And what is your problem. It is between India and China.

Oh. Wait a minute. I forgot. China is your fatherland.:cheesy:

MMMmmmm. cud very well be a state policy...come on man even an alien will know that the chinese hate the Indians.. and what do U know abt if its a state policy, sitting in some eastern european country

And what is your problem. It is between India and China.

Oh. Wait a minute. I forgot. China is your fatherland.:cheesy:
Well, let's see.China has admitted that some firm is doing it.It's not the Chinese Government which is doing it.Let's just say if some Indian Company sell substandard products does it mean the whole Indian nation should be humiliated like you guys are trying to do here?

Well, let's see.China has admitted that some firm is doing it.It's not the Chinese Government which is doing it.Let's just say if some Indian Company sell substandard products does it mean the whole Indian nation should be humiliated like you guys are trying to do here?

Its not the chinese who found out about this fake drugs for the first place.So if nobody find out about this nasty game, it could have go on undetected then INDIA had to face HUMILIATION and take responsibility for the life of innocents bcoz it had a "made in INDIA" tag on it. Afterall, its not about who face humiliation its about millions of human life that are at risk.

In China, not a single leaf sways without the politburo knowing it. Although not impossible, it is still very difficult to believe that the Chinese govt. was not in connivance with the companies.

Indian governance doesn't even come near the vicinity of being same as the Chinese system of governance.

IT SOLD DRUGS WITH "MADE IN INDIA " TAG.......IT DOES AFFECT THE REPUTATION OF OUR COMPANIES....BESIDES AFFECTING THE PEOPLE CONSUMING THEM......

IT AFFECTS OUR MARKET FOR DRUGS AND THEREBY OUR ECONOMY..........

IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH FAKE DRUGS WHY DONT YOU GET A SHIPMENT FROM CHINA AND GIVE IT TO YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHEN THEY ARE AFFECTED BY SOME DISEASE,,,,,, AM SURE IT WILL CURE THE DISEASES OF PAKISTANI'S SINCE IT WAS MADE BY YOUR BEST PAL'S

Last edited:
In China, not a single leaf sways without the politburo knowing it. Although not impossible, it is still very difficult to believe that the Chinese govt. was not in connivance with the companies.

Indian governance doesn't even come near the vicinity of being same as the Chinese system of governance.

Well, to watch 1.3B people closely u probably need another 1.3B people, right?

This is just one irresponsible company who committed crime and the individuals will be charged for sure. There was fake drug case before and the person responsible was charged to DEATH penalty. So, don't worry, they will be punished.

Finally, I know some Indians don't like China, but this is an individual indecent, please try not to make it look like ALL CHINESE make fake drugs. Thank u!

Well, to watch 1.3B people closely u probably need another 1.3B people, right?

This is just one irresponsible company who committed crime and the individuals will be charged for sure. There was fake drug case before and the person responsible was charged to DEATH penalty. So, don't worry, they will be punished.

Finally, I know some Indians don't like China, but this is an individual indecent, please try not to make it look like ALL CHINESE make fake drugs. Thank u!

Indians don't like china??? i think its china dont like india. Example using india's name in a crime. Even ur so called 'think tank' advice chinese communist goverment to brake india into 20 to 30 pieces. Does india said that? Tell me friend do u think anyone can say anything in china? Do they have freedom of speech??? Ur china's think tank said that because your chinese communist goverment wanted to hint india. Same way its chinese goverment who green signal the criminals to use india's name in crime and earn as much as they can to boost china's economy. Now when they got caught china has to take action against them or the blame would be on china's communist goverment. Get it friend??? India aint against china. Its your country kept provoking india. This time they went too far. We dont hate chinese people. My girlfriend is mix chinese phillipino. We aint against chinese people. We have soft heart for them. We have seen them suffer and cry. They same like us. We just dont like red dragon chinese communist goverment who crossing every mile stone in 'CRIME'. China's goverment braking record of world in 'Cruelty' my friend. Every country is someway evil but china looks like 'masters of evil'. They doing big crimes that no country have cruel heart to match it.

Back
Top Bottom