What's new

China 1992, India 2012

That myth has already been debunked. :lol:

China had no real headstart, our earlier reforms were only limited to small regions and were mostly about reversing earlier policies. The reform process only really kicked off nation-wide in the 1990's.

Exactly, I am saying you reforms started showing its colors in 90s(whatever be the reason) and we have entered that phase after 2000s.
GDP China 2000 : GDP China 1990 = 3.75
GDP India 2010 : GDP India 2000 = 3.7
So the only thing which we have to worry about is sustainability

Exactly, I am saying you reforms started showing its colors in 90s(whatever be the reason) and we have entered that phase after 2000s.
GDP China 2000 : GDP China 1990 = 3.75
GDP India 2010 : GDP India 2000 = 3.7
So the only thing which we have to worry about is sustainability

That's not what I said. I said that the reforms were only implemented across the country in the 1990's.

China and India had the exact same GDP in 1990. There was no "head start", that is only a story that Indians like to tell themselves. Our GDP was the same.

The difference is that we were able to sustain double-digit growth rates, and India was not.

And even if India manages to match our "percentage" growth rate one day (doubtful), then we will still be adding four times more to our economy every year then you will, because our base economy is four times larger.

Manufacturing is what creates new wealth, and is vital for developing nations.

One important thing manufacturing does is it creates a lot of jobs at modest salary; this helps transfer wealth down to the common people. It is the type of job that has built every developed nation's middle class.

Eventually, though, even China will lose its manufacturing jobs, if not to other nations, then to automation as technology becomes more advanced. This is one just one example:

Foxconn to replace workers with 1 million robots in 3 years

As China moves up the value chain, it means more money, but less jobs.

It's hard to employ a lot of people in a knowledge economy simply because not a lot of people are needed.

Apple

Do the Chinese know how to solve this problem?

I believe I do, in you are interested in listening...

That's not what I said. I said that the reforms were only implemented across the country in the 1990's.

China and India had the exact same GDP in 1990. There was no "head start", that is only a story that Indians like to tell themselves. The GDP was the same.

The difference is that we were able to sustain double-digit growth rates, and India was not.
yea there are flaws in every system our reforms of 90s impacted economy in 2000s
at least i am accepting and not giving excuses like " our earlier reforms were only limited to small regions and were mostly about reversing earlier policies"

Chinese just can not handle anyone saying anything good about India . Sad . Have a big heart people .

Yes, so many people from that ancient civilization seem to be incredibly petty and mean.

May be it is just an unrepresentative sample, though I would discount that theory.

You do not understand satellite technology. During a launch, there should only be one or two satellites on board. Modern satellites weigh 5,000kg or 10,000 pounds and operate for 15 years. Launching four satellites or more during a single launch means that Indian satellite technology is far below the world standard.

I will illustrate my point by contrasting a Chinese launch with a modern satellite and the launch of inferior multiple Indian satellites.

China launches 5,000kg modern DFH-4 satellites.

India launches high-school projects with 83kg to 630kg satellites (see third citation below). All ten Indian satellites combined weighed a mere 824kg. This is a far cry from a modern 5,000kg Chinese satellite.

You got to be kidding, right?
A launch vehicle should launch only 1 or 2 satellites. What would happen if they launch more?

You are comparing a 5000kg satellite with a 83 kg microsatellite? Surely you havent heard about nanotechnology. This aint the "Industrial Revolution" of the 18th century!

For those who claim 2012-India is 1992-China, I want you to show me where the massive Indian economic growth will occur. Indian BPO outsourcing companiges like Infosys, Wipro, and Tata have experienced dramatically slower growth. The BPO business is maturing and hitting a plateau.

The only other avenue for Indian economic growth is manufacturing. Look at the chart below and identify the sector where you believe India can generate massive growth. I also want you to name your Indian champion to facilitate your claimed growth.

For example, if I want to point to a Chinese company, I would say SANY is catching up to Caterpillar and Komatsu. Or I would point to Huawei Ascend and ZTE Blade as competitors to the Apple iPhone.

----------

China's $751 Billion High-tech Exports for 2010

7M9fL.jpg

For 2010, China's top three high-tech exports for "Electrical machinery and equipment," "Power generation equipment," and "Optics and medical equipment" totaled $751 billion US dollars.

Greater China's patents provide the fundamental pillar for China's high-tech exports.

Source: US-China Trade Statistics and China's World Trade Statistics

[Note: Thank you to Hellraiser006 for reminding me to update China's export figures for 2010.]

----------

Surprise! ZTE is world's fifth-largest phone manufacturer

aXpm5.jpg

ZTE claims two million sales for the ZTE Blade / San Francisco. (Source: ZTE claims two million sales for the ZTE Blade / San Francisco)

ZTE now 5th largest mobile phone maker - China.org.cn

"ZTE now 5th largest mobile phone maker
China.org.cn, August 12, 2011

bGmX9.jpg

ZTE has become the fifth largest phone maker in the world, its market share growing from 1.8 percent to 3.0 percent.

Overall sales of mobile devices to end users totalled 428.7 million units in the second quarter this year, up 16.5 percent from the same period in 2010, said Gartner, an industry research firm based in the U.S., in a report released Thursday, Sina.com reported Friday.

According the report, Nokia sold 97.87 million phones, compared to 111.5 million in the second quarter of 2010. Its market share dropped from 30.3 percent to 22.8 percent. Samsung's market share fell from 17.8 percent to 16.3 percent. LG's overall share slid from 8 percent to 5.7 percent. Apple came in fourth, going from 2.4 percent to 4.6 percent. ZTE has become the fifth largest phone maker in the world, its market share growing from 1.8 percent to 3.0 percent.

"We expect manufacturers and distributors to remain cautious about raising their stock levels in the second half of 2011, following the recent uncertainty on the world financial markets," said Gartner analyst Annette Zimmermann.

The industry research company also expects the overall market of mobile devices to grow by 12 percent in 2011."

----------

Huawei unveils world’s thinnest smartphone

http://technabob.com/blog/2012/01/09/huawe...hin-smartphone/

"Huawei P1S Smartphone is Crazy Thin
January 9th, 2012 by: Shane McGlaun

If you like your smartphones to have cool features and a cool design, the new Huawei Ascend P1 S might get your motor revving. The smartphone is hailed as the “world’s thinnest” and I can believe it at 6.68mm thick. You could stand that thing up sideways and have a hard time finding it.

g2x97.jpg

(Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the world's thinnest smartphone...the Huawei Ascend P1 S!)

The smartphone runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and has Gorilla Glass over the top to make it stronger. The screen is 4.3-inches wide and has 960 x 540 resolution. The processor is a dual-core 1.5GHz TI OMAP 4460. The smartphone runs an 1800mAh battery and should last a long time. The device is not that wide either at 64.8mm.

The P1S smartphone will be offered in white, black, and pink colors. The rear camera is an 8MP unit and the front is a 1.3MP camera. The rear camera can capture 1080p video. If this thing floats your boat, it will hit the US in April. What carrier will have it and how much it will cost are unknown."

You do not understand satellite technology. During a launch, there should only be one or two satellites on board. Modern satellites weigh 5,000kg or 10,000 pounds and operate for 15 years. Launching four satellites or more during a single launch means that Indian satellite technology is far below the world standard.

I will illustrate my point by contrasting a Chinese launch with a modern satellite and the launch of inferior multiple Indian satellites.

China launches 5,000kg modern DFH-4 satellites.

India launches high-school projects with 83kg to 630kg satellites (see third citation below). All ten Indian satellites combined weighed a mere 824kg. This is a far cry from a modern 5,000kg Chinese satellite.

----------

China's DFH-4 matches Western standards for modern communication satellites

The characteristics of a modern communications satellite are:

1. It is the size of a city bus and weighs about 10,000 pounds.

2. It lasts for 15 years.

3. It has approximately 32 transponders.

dfh401resized.jpg

China's DFH-4 satellite bus (or platform) designed and built by CGWIC (i.e. China Great Wall Industrial Corporation)

dfh4technicalspecificat.jpg

DFH-4 satellite technical specifications

HNuvw.gif

"A typical satellite has 32 transponders. Transponders each work on a specific radio frequency wavelength, or “band.” Satellite communications work on three primary bands: C, Ku and Ka. C was the first band used and, as a longer wavelength, requires a larger antenna. Ku is the band used by most current VSAT systems. Ka is a new band allocation that isn’t yet in wide use. Of the three, it has the smallest wavelength and can use the smallest antenna." (Source: Beyond line of sight communications)

vvZjT.jpg

Western satellite specifications look identical to China's DFH-4 satellite. (Source: User:Bhamer/sandbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

China's DFH-4 is comparable to Western satellites. Its 30 transponders (or perhaps the Pakistanis weren't willing to buy more than 30 transponders) are very close to the average of 32 transponders on a modern satellite. At 5,200 kg or 11,440 pounds, it is approximately the same weight as Western satellites in the 10,000-pound class. The DFH-4 uses the "three primary bands: C, Ku, Ka," and L bands. Its solar panels generate the standard 8 kW of power.

----------

http://www.spacenews.com/archive/archive06...nadfh_1016.html

"China Looks To Boost Satellite Manufacturing With DFH-4 Line
By PETER B. de SELDING
Space News Staff Writer
posted: 18 October 2006
03:30 pm ET
PARIS -- The first of a new line of high-power telecommunications satellites produced in China and already sold to two export customers is scheduled for launch in late October for China's Sinosat direct-broadcast television provider, Chinese space officials said.

The Sinosat-2 satellite, the first of the DFH-4 spacecraft built by the China Academy of Space Technology (CAST), has faced several delays but is now expected to be launched in the coming weeks by a Chinese Long March 3B rocket from China's Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China's Sichuan Province.

If it functions as planned, the DFH-4 satellite design will bring China's domestic satellite manufacturing industry closer to the level of its U.S., European and Japanese counterparts.

DFH-4 is the third generation of China-built telecommunications spacecraft and carries some 800 kilograms of payload -- four times the capacity of the previous Chinese product, the DFH-3. Weighing up to 5,300 kilograms at launch, the DFH-4 platform is built to operate for 15 years -- double the DFH-3's life expectancy -- and provide up to 10 kilowatts of power at the end of its service life.
Wang said CAST has tested the DFH-4 design to a maximum capacity of 54 transponders, 38 in Ku-band and 16 in C-band. The satellite's upper limit would be around 5,600 kilograms, he said in the presentation. (article continues)"

----------

India sets world record, launches 10 satellites at one go - Times Of India

"India sets world record, launches 10 satellites at one go
PTI Apr 28, 2008, 11.04am IST

PSLV-C9 blasts off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota (AP Photo)SRIHARIKOTA: Setting a world record, India's Polar rocket on Monday successfully placed ten satellites, including the country's remote sensing satellite, into orbit in a single mission. ( Watch )

The ten pack launch of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) saw the 230-tonne Polar Satellite launch Vehicle (PSLV-C9) carry the heaviest luggage--824 kgs--and put into orbit an Indian Mini Satellite and eight foreign nano satellites besides the Cartosat-2A remote sensing satellite.

At the end of the 52-hour countdown, the PSLV-C9, with a lift-off mass of 230 tonne, blasted off from the launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre and soared into the clear sky in a textbook launch. (Watch)

Fourteen minutes after lift off, the fourth stage of the ISRO's workhorse launch vehicle, in its 13th flight, injected the ten satellites, into the 635 km polar Sun Synchronous Orbit (SSO).

This is for the first time that ISRO has put ten satellites in orbit in a single launch. This is also PSLV's twelfth successful flight.

It is for the first time in the world that ten satellites were launched in a single mission. Russia had earlier launched eight satellites together.

Besides the 690 kg Indian remote sensing satellite CARTOSAT-2A and the 83 kg Indian Mini Satellite (IMS-1), the rest eight Nano Satellites were from abroad.

This is the third time, the PSLV has been launched in the core alone version, without the six solid propellant first stage strap-on motors.

Terming the launch "satisfactory", ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair said "all parameters worked wonderfully well."

Congratulate ISRO for successfully placing ten satellites into orbit in a single mission."

man...stupidity at its peak...keep going...since u spoke about bombing japan....i knew u were the stupidest of all chinese people on pdf....but i was even more stupid to reply to u

dude...putting ten satellites in orbit is no joke and no easy stuff...if u fail to understand that...i dont have anything to say...putting one or two satellites...no matter how heavy...is much easier than 10 back to back in single launch...

u neva said anything about budget and water on moon...anyway....m not replying to u anymore...chinese dragon is much better than u

China and India had the exact same GDP in 1990. There was no "head start", that is only a story that Indians like to tell themselves. Our GDP was the same.

And even if India manages to match our "percentage" growth rate one day (doubtful), then we will still be adding four times more to our economy every year then you will, because our base economy is four times larger.

You keep on repeating this same thing thousands of times.

You had a stronger base than India during the 1990s. Even now, you are just ahead by ~10 years in GDP figures. May be you can sustain growing by 4 times every decade. We look forward to that.

China's GDP in 2003: $1.641 trillion
India's GDP in 2010: $1.729 trillion

http://www.google.com/publicdata/ex...dim=country:IND:CHN&ifdim=country&hl=en&dl=en

But you are not one to understand facts and figures, are you?

You just have to parade the same BS in every post despite proven wrong every time.

You keep on repeating this same thing thousands of times.

You had a stronger base than India during the 1990s. Even now, you are just ahead by ~10 years in GDP figures. May be you can sustain growing by 4 times every decade. We look forward to that.

China's GDP in 2003: $1.641 trillion
India's GDP in 2010: $1.729 trillion

But you are not one to understand facts and figures, are you?

You just have to parade the same BS in every post despite proven wrong every time.

Your 2011 GDP was even less than 1.6 trillion USD, because your Rupee has depreciated so much against the USD.

Assume your 2011 GDP was 80 trillion Rupees, which is roughly equivalent to 10 trillion Yuan, but China's 2011 GDP was already 47 trillion Yuan.

Actually China's GDP is 4.7 times of India right now.

Your 2011 GDP was even less than 1.6 trillion USD, because your Rupee has depreciated so much against the USD.

Assume your 2011 GDP was 80 trillion Rupees, which is roughly equivalent to 10 trillion Yuan, but China's 2011 GDP was already 47 trillion Yuan.

Actually China's GDP is 4.7 times of India right now.

Hats off to the CCP maths. ;)

man...stupidity at its peak...keep going...since u spoke about bombing japan....i knew u were the stupidest of all chinese people on pdf....but i was even more stupid to reply to u

dude...putting ten satellites in orbit is no joke and no easy stuff...if u fail to understand that...i dont have anything to say...putting one or two satellites...no matter how heavy...is much easier than 10 back to back in single launch...

u neva said anything about budget and water on moon...anyway....m not replying to u anymore...chinese dragon is much better than u

I am sorry you are distressed by the truth. China launches 5,000kg modern communications satellites. India launches high-school projects that together weigh a few hundred kilograms.

Indians satellites are not the same as a modern Chinese DFH-4 satellite.

The satellite launches are not comparable. The Chinese rocket sent a 5,000kg payload into space. Your Indian rocket only sent 824kg into space. An Indian launch does not measure up to Chinese standards.

Who cares if you discovered the H2O or anything similar on the Moon? We are still going to launch our manned mission in the next decade, while this is only a fairy tale for India's indigenous technology right now.

Back
Top Bottom