What's new

Chevening Scholarship

Neutron

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Chevening Scholarships in Pakistan are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master's degree programme at any UK university. They provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. A Chevening award offers financial support along with the opportunity of becoming part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.

A Chevening award in Pakistan includes:

• university tuition fees (Chevening applies a tuition fee cap of £18,000 to MBA programmes. Applicants will be expected to cover the remaining costs above the £18,000 cap)
• a monthly stipend
• travel costs to and from the UK
• an arrival allowance
• homeward departure allowance
• the cost of one visa application
• a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Anyone submitted application for chevening Scholarship other than me ?

Unless you don't want to work after studies in UK, chevening Scholarship is OK. If you get into a good university, then getting chevening Scholarship is much easier. Being from Pakistan also helps your case.

Unless you don't want to work after studies in UK, chevening Scholarship is OK. If you get into a good university, then getting chevening Scholarship is much easier. Being from Pakistan also helps your case.

Yes i dont want to work after studies in UK

Speaking of scholarships a lot of students are concerned about going for scholarships in US considering the Trumpomaniac and his crowning. I have a feeling that most students from the Muslim world will divert their destinations to UK now.

Yes i dont want to work after studies in UK

So in that case, getting into a russell group of universities will almost will get you the chevening scholarship too.

Speaking of scholarships a lot of students are concerned about going for scholarships in US considering the Trumpomaniac and his crowning. I have a feeling that most students from the Muslim world will divert their destinations to UK now.

UK is better destination for Muslim students as compared to US

So in that case, getting into a russell group of universities will almost will get you the chevening scholarship too.

Not yet applied for any university. I will search university option after confirmation of scholarship

@ito what is the link between russel group of universities and chevening ?

The community is more tolerant and one can integrate with ease however the expenses in UK are quite high even on scholarships one has to work to make the ends meet. For Pakistani students China has emerged as a prominent destination as of lately. Have you been exploring the Chinese option?

Last edited:
The community is more tolerant and one can integrate with ease however the expenses in UK are quite high even on scholarships any has to work to make the ends meet. For Pakistani students China has emerged as a prominent destination as of lately. Have you been exploring the Chinese option?

Yah i am exploring chinese option as well, but i think chevening is best option

Yah i am exploring chinese option as well, but i think chevening is best option
Yes if Chevening is offering a good package then you should avail it. Not having to work while studying relives a mammoth pressure off you.

Not yet applied for any university. I will search university option after confirmation of scholarship

@ito what is the link between russel group of universities and chevening ?

There is no link. Russel group of universities are the best universities that UK has. Getting into one will brighten your chance of getting chevening.

Can overseas Pakistanis also apply?

If you have a US passport, you are not eligible for chevening, but can apply marshall scholarship. But marshall is very competitive

There is no link. Russel group of universities are the best universities that UK has. Getting into one will brighten your chance of getting chevening.

If you have a US passport, you are not eligible for chevening, but can apply marshall scholarship. But marshall is very competitive
I'm personally done with education and did on scholarships and no intention to back to the school at least for next 5 years :)
I was thinking about my younger cousin who lives in Qatar has Pakistani passport only. Are these for masters only or available for Bachelors too?

I'm personally done with education and did on scholarships and no intention to back to the school at least for next 5 years :)
I was thinking about my younger cousin who lives in Qatar has Pakistani passport only. Are these for masters only or available for Bachelors too?

Only for Masters.

Well you know the British can be more acceptable and if anyone needs advice on what courses are great at which university and your views let me know : )

Unless you don't want to work after studies in UK, chevening Scholarship is OK.
Its getting very difficult to find jobs in UK as well. A lot of my friends from India after MBA are finding it hard to get a job in UK.

Back
Top Bottom