What's new

Chennai police to hotels: Ban Lankans

in support for srilankans ,Pakistan should deny indian sikh pilgrims entry into Pakistan.
Sri lanka is our ally who has supported us in war and peace time

Tamil nadu people are over sensitive about the sri lankan tamil issue.we in west bengal dont give any hoots in what's happening in bangladesh

This is ridiculous. If this is true it's seriously shameful. Some times officials in Chennai baffle me with their version of logic.

To me Indians told me some nice travel advice, even last night Indians working for a Indian mnc in colombo told me to not to visit chennai.

Why should We worry about Sri Lankan Tamils,unless they are Indian citizens?

Because we are not like a European society cut off from other fellow societies where our people stay. When Tamil people are killed it affects our Tamil Nadu people's sentiments and hence affects the country as a whole. AND BTW SL also kills our fishermen of Tamil origin in our waters and scoots away. If you didn't know that.

Why such a desperate trial to look like a European society here mate? What affects a section of our people affects our country. Just like how a pain in your right hand would affect your whole body's performance, even if it is only a part of your body.

in support for srilankans ,Pakistan should deny indian sikh pilgrims entry into Pakistan.
Sri lanka is our ally who has supported us in war and peace time

Well I'd let the Sikh bros say that, but if I were a Sikh, I would say, do it. Since that would mean a ban on your fellows traveling into India and vanishing. We don't like that.

In my case Banglore replaced Chennai, for transit flights to other Indian city's. By the way Banglore airport better then Chennai airport.

this is pathetic :hitwall:

whatever is situation between two countries , people to people contact should not be affected. we should act like a mature nation and welcome srilankans tourists....this tamil issue should be handled through diplomatic channels. such issues can only be solved through diplomacy.....severing ties will only hurt India and srilanka and wont achieve anything.

You won't be saying that if UP people were getting slaughtered there mate. Most people don't realize other parts of India's pain until the pain comes to them. What diplomatic channels you talking about? Don't you think we tried that for decades? If all this was not diplomatic, what was it? War? :fie:

Listen, SL virtually keeps threatening Tamil people and India by extension most of which is brushed under the carpet by the current creep of a government we got. You should go and personally ask the Tamil people who live in coastal cities. Then see what they tell you of reality. It is very similar to the bitter news that is hidden by GOI on my state's border with China.

How they let someone like you into Singapore, I don't know.

Singapore is not CCP's outpost even if it is having ethnic Chinese, mate. And BTW its president is an Indian Tamil by origin. You perhaps didn't know that.

Because we are not like a European society cut off from other fellow societies where our people stay. When Tamil people are killed it affects our Tamil Nadu people's sentiments and hence affects the country as a whole. AND BTW SL also kills our fishermen of Tamil origin in our waters and scoots away. If you didn't know that.

Why such a desperate trial to look like a European society here mate? What affects a section of our people affects our country. Just like how a pain in your right hand would affect your whole body's performance, even if it is only a part of your body.

Tshering buddy, having concern for Tamilians in SL who face atrocities is different from attacking innocent pilgrims or other SL civilians who have come to India. That's like Raj Thackerey and MNS attacking Biharis and Upiites in Mumbai. What's worse is that the authorities seem to be condoling this behaviour.

In my case Banglore replaced Chennai, for transit flights to other Indian city's. By the way Banglore airport better then Chennai airport.

Well, Chennai is much cheaper to fly into than Bangalore despite the obvious difference in airport quality. But Chennai is only 7 hours by bus from Bangalore so you may not have to spend too much time there :).

Tshering buddy, having concern for Tamilians in SL who face atrocities is different from attacking innocent pilgrims or other SL civilians who have come to India. That's like Raj Thackerey and MNS attacking Biharis and Upiites in Mumbai. What's worse is that the authorities seem to be condoling this behaviour.

There are a lot of things that should not be done on paper, but is that followed? I don't think so it is, for this would not have happened if they had been followed. Listen, I might be from NE but I know south Indians well (some very good friends from there). They are generally more education-oriented, less violent and very polite people culturally. Don't like to get involved in fights and riots. If they are angry, there is a genuine reason. SL has been committing horrors on their people.

You're comparing MNS to Tamils' anger? Seriously man, what've you eaten today? SL are not a part of our country but the Tamils living there went centuries back when even SL didn't belong to Lankans under foreign rulers. Demolishing their temples and making Buddhist temples on them (this is a personal insult to our sentiments as Buddhists for we never advocate violence against mainstream Hinduism that has been our Guru), attacking and brutalizing unarmed Tamils... etc what madness is this?

I think you've got a very wrong concept of this conflict and for some strange reason you're comparing this to a gunda party's actions, even though this is an act of retaliation. Trust me, if Tamil people of south India are angry, there has to be a valid reason. We cannot just forget their insult and pain for the sake of political correctness.

That is an insult to our national spirit. I am not saying that attacking pilgrims is right, but if GOI takes no action to do anything, what would the common people vent their frustrations out on? Naturally it has to be directed somewhere. When this government has decided that it is here only to loot and plunder this country and do nothing for its people, naturally people will take politics into their hands.

Back
Top Bottom