What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Care to prove this? At least from what i read - and I read a lot all days - not even a single WS-15 image has been revealed. In fact NOTHING ... as such I'm most interested in that source.

There is zero evidence, even credible rumor, that WS-15 has ever been installed on a J-20. There has been sighting of WS-10 TVC on a J-20 demonstrator, which prompted the “how do you know we haven’t” statement by Yang Wei at Zhuhai Airshow 2018, but we unfortunately don’t have photographic or video proof.

There is zero evidence, even credible rumor, that WS-15 has ever been installed on a J-20. There has been sighting of WS-10 TVC on a J-20 demonstrator, which prompted the “how do you know we haven’t” statement by Yang Wei at Zhuhai Airshow 2018, but we unfortunately don’t have photographic or video proof.

Exactly my point and therefore I'm always quite allergic against such - IMO stupid - exaggerated claims without proof.

Jin Canrong, professor at renmin university stated: China will have 300 J-20 equipped with WS15 engine

Jin cai rong.jpg

Why would Russian engines be holding up the J-20 when the PLAAF has already switched to WS-10s in the latest batches? There has been no order for the AL-31Fs for a while now.
He meant to write "had" instead of "has".
There is zero evidence, even credible rumor, that WS-15 has ever been installed on a J-20.
The latest rumor (September 2019) claimed that J-20 (J-20C?) was ready to test the newly integrated WS-15 turbofan engine.

He meant to write "had" instead of "has".

I’ll believe it when I see it. There was a report that the fan blades for the WS-15 just finished testing in late 2019. I find it hard to believe that they already flew it on a J-20.

I’ll believe it when I see it. There was a report that the fan blades for the WS-15 just finished testing in late 2019. I find it hard to believe that they already flew it on a J-20.
huitong has always been reliable. What's your source for the fan blade test in 2019? That doesn't match established timelines for WS-15 development

huitong has always been reliable. What's your source for the fan blade test in 2019? That doesn't match established timelines for WS-15 development

Huitong is great but no one is infallible. Even he states that it is based on a rumor.

I’m PMing you the link in case some nut job censor kills the last forum source that routinely discusses the J-20 in China.

There is rumour that an alleged maiden flight of a certain type was a success!

Based on some hints it is said to be type in its "final form" of the aircraft and some therefore suggest it might be the first WS-15 powered J-20!

As it seems it is indeed the WS-15 and the particular J-20 prototype has even been seen and photographed but quite understandable those guys don’t want to post. Allegedly President Xi visited CAC and eventually there will be an official unveiling or announcement next week. 😮

Hope for more soon …

1624549024718.png

There is rumour that an alleged maiden flight of a certain type was a success!

Based on some hints it is said to be type in its "final form" of the aircraft and some therefore suggest it might be the first WS-15 powered J-20!

As it seems it is indeed the WS-15 and the particular J-20 prototype has even been seen and photographed but quite understandable those guys don’t want to post. Allegedly President Xi visited CAC and eventually there will be an official unveiling or announcement next week. 😮

Hope for more soon …

View attachment 756070

How reliable is this? Most of us were expecting 2023 at the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom