What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

The new batches had started to be delivered much earlier.

Yes a new batch has been delivered to Anshan. But now more WS-10 equipped J-20s are being produced. How else can you explain the sighting at CAC?

The use of WS-10's means, that the production rate of the J20 can be stepped up as they are no longer restricted by the supply of Russian engines, and China can now prioritise between the Su-27 "derivatives" in PLAAF service and the J20's.

Interesting to see how they start to ramp up now.

Yes a new batch has been delivered to Anshan. But now more WS-10 equipped J-20s are being produced. How else can you explain the sighting at CAC?
Why should you need to explain something that is so obvious?

The use of WS-10's means, that the production rate of the J20 can be stepped up as they are no longer restricted by the supply of Russian engines, and China can now prioritise between the Su-27 "derivatives" in PLAAF service and the J20's.

Interesting to see how they start to ramp up now.

Russian production is slow poke since Cold War. They can't even supply their own Flanker and Su-57 production. It's a good thing J-20 switched to WS-10C which enables dozens of J-20 to be built annually.

51259934860_d6ebe45a4a_k.jpg

ws-15 batch 3 already revealed, flight tests performed. In 5 years time should have 300+ j-20

ws-15 batch 3 already revealed, flight tests performed. In 5 years time should have 300+ j-20

Care to prove this? At least from what i read - and I read a lot all days - not even a single WS-15 image has been revealed. In fact NOTHING ... as such I'm most interested in that source.

Russia slow poke engine production has been holding up J-20 production. But now with WS-10 mature this final constraint is gone.
Why would Russian engines be holding up the J-20 when the PLAAF has already switched to WS-10s in the latest batches? There has been no order for the AL-31Fs for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom