What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

An interesting formation flight of six J-20 and one JL-10A trainer was seen today over Quzhou. Are the rehearsing for a flyby for the CCP centennial celebration on 23 July?

(Image via @siegecrossbow/SDF)

1619012045655.png

1619012024760.png

Interesting enough, few day ago. Russia also have their multiple Su-57 flypast together.

During the PRC National Defense Ministry’s monthly press conference for January 2021, the ministry’s spokesman was asked whether the J-20 was being fielded on a large scale.3 The spokesman’s response emphasized the “objective laws” governing the research and development of an aircraft and the progressive testing that the J-20 has undergone. 4 In effect, he answered negatively, but having another aviation brigade transition to the J-20 would suggest that his answer was not alluding to problems with the J-20. On the contrary, it would suggest that the PLAAF is satisfied with, and confident in, the capabilities of the J-20, and that more combat units are likely to receive the J-20 in the future.

Indeed ... that's the image I know since early April:

So finally there is confirmation that the PLAAF's 1st Air Brigade based at Anshan, Northern Theater Command is getting J-20As.

Revealed by @roderick_s_lee via a satellite image taken in early April and published by @CASI_Research.
Even more there are images available but not published yet taken at CAC in January clearly showing at least one J-20A using WS-10C engines spotting a 61x2x serial number.

(Image via @DigitalGlobe at https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Po...alth Fighter.pdf?ver=y95ih0ULPkrPO4VKIC6BPA==)

J-20A 61x2x at Anshan - 20210409.jpg

How many jets are there in one Chinese brigade @Deino
Indeed ... that's the image I know since early April:

So finally there is confirmation that the PLAAF's 1st Air Brigade based at Anshan, Northern Theater Command is getting J-20As.

Revealed by @roderick_s_lee via a satellite image taken in early April and published by @CASI_Research.
Even more there are images available but not published yet taken at CAC in January clearly showing at least one J-20A using WS-10C engines spotting a 61x2x serial number.

(Image via @DigitalGlobe at https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Portals/10/CASI/documents/Research/CASI Articles/2021-05-03 Second PLAAF Combat Brigade Gets Stealth Fighter.pdf?ver=y95ih0ULPkrPO4VKIC6BPA==)

View attachment 740188

I think the test pilot is also guessing only. He think 2D vector based on his opinion. Surely, J-20 will get thrust vector but 2D or 3D is the question.

2D is bulky and limited vector angle. 3D is less stealthy but gives great all angle moves and less weight penalty.
I thought the 3D was decided in favor over the 2D TVC a long time ago? The only reason for 2D would be RCS improvements on the tail although serrated nozzles should be good enough already.

I think he just raised a general question on CAF/PLAAF's organization. It's around 30-50 fighters for an air brigade to my knowledge.

Officially is 50 the maximum, but there is NO PLAAF brigade with that huge number. Most have been for years in the range of 24+4 or 28+4 but recently some units have been expanded to up to more than 40

Officially is 50 the maximum, but there is NO PLAAF brigade with that huge number. Most have been for years in the range of 24+4 or 28+4 but recently some units have been expanded to up to more than 40
@Deino + 4 you mentioned are spare jets

Back
Top Bottom