What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

no. 2102 is a photoshop fake !

ähhhhm, care to explain why You think so ?
Doesn't matter what I think or what it may 'look' like until the day before yesterday, I wasn't sure whether it's a modified Russian AL variants or WS10 variants, but now I'm sure it's WS10B variants, 'because they said it out clearly'

btw, you can dig out how many ALs we imported since 2002 and how many required for 10A/B/C 11A/B,15s build-ups, as far as I know, the number does come very close to the number of 3 and 3.5 gen fighters we build that need AL series engines.. and in terms of J-20, it is not in testing phase now, as there are nearly 20+ already in service, and 20+ more on production, and rigid exercises have been taking places, therefore a large number of reliable engine supply is vital ```

there will be loads and loads J-20 rolling out of production line`` so as hundreds of 10C, 16, 15 and 11D within 5 years````its a serious business mate, he said, it is like preparing for a full scale war````they said this much, and I conveyed this much here, please don't ask me for prove```:D

Here:

j9oy2g.jpg

In such case, gun will be installed, most probably on left side, as this particular picture with red highlighted area tells that these are sealed/permanent pieces and no opening panels.

3 J-20 production line operating at the same time, Fragment Camouflage will stay as well
珠海航展上碎片迷彩版的歼20惊鸿一瞥让人好不过瘾,最近迷彩歼20又有大图流出,机尾处似乎被作者抹去了编号,可能也交付了试训部队。有消息称,目前成飞已有两条歼20战机生产线,第三条也将开工,届时中国或可年产36架歼20战机。(图片来源:@jacksonbobo)
NVj02Xt.jpg
iFFL8ur.jpg
BvIrAj6.jpg
HDNfr96.jpg

Ijd0izB.jpg

Rumors that the DSI of J-20 is adjustable? (20这图是可调Bump?)
yheaorj.jpg
xgPEFqj.jpg

It shows the DSI Bump is flexible. The lighter color of the DSI probably signify its made of different material than the surrounding area.

It shows the DSI Bump is flexible. The lighter color of the DSI probably signify its made of different material than the surrounding area.

Sorry again to calm down Your enthusiasm, but this images could be a hint; surely not a proof and even more such a dent - as if a mechanic had used a hammer on that part - makes simply no sense.

IMO it more an issue of lightning/shadow.

Deino

Sorry again to calm down Your enthusiasm, but this images could be a hint; surely not a proof and even more such a dent - as if a mechanic had used a hammer on that part - makes simply no sense.

IMO it more an issue of lightning/shadow.

Deino

It is not a proof. But to make a flexible surface that is adjustable is not beyond anybody's ability. The value of adjustable DSI is to allow optimum airflow to the engine at various speed from low subsonic speed, to transonic speed and supersonic speed.

The engineer must first find out the optimum shape of the DSI Bump at various speeds, and then program the FCS computer to adjust the shape at that speed.

This kind of innovation that is not hard to copy once someone has demonstragted it and proved that it works. I expect more plane will use it in the future. This kind of adjustable DSI saves several hundred kilograms of weight and save the internal space for the machinery to adjust airflow and get rid of the troublesome boundary layer.

DSI is a major innovation invented and patented by Lockeed Martin. It is an example of Think-Outside-of-the-Box invention.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom