What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

"the planform alignment of the J-20 is not 'as good' compare to the the F-22 and F-35"

Really, are you serious?

Well, do you have any comparisons that imply otherwise? I thought it is generally agreed upon, even crudely, that the J-20 won't achieve the level of VLO of the F-22.

From all the visual cues we have, the planform alignment of the J-20 is not 'as good' compare to the the F-22 and F-35.

do show us how you drew up that conclusive statement when ironically, you have already acknowledged yourself that:

Nevertheless, I have consistently been fair and advised everyone from making definitive statements simply because the measurement data for all these aircrafts are not public information. {/QUOTE]

Very fair judgement indeed.

I think the world's most advanced fighter is “Superman” and only the United States has

do show us how you drew up that conclusive statement when ironically, you have already acknowledged yourself that:
As you wish...

fighters_front_j-20_f-22_zpso5wy0flm.jpg

From the front aspect, we can the J-20's canards with its dihedral (upsweep). Radar signals coming off this finite body will interact differently than if the canards have no dihedral at all. The fact that the canards' roots are on the same plane as the fuselage is irrelevant. The canards' dihedral that set them visually apart from the wings is an example of planform alignment, in this case, less obedient to rule 2: Control of array of radiators.

You cannot deny what you can visually see.

Very fair judgement indeed.
It is a fair judgement. The fact that I have always advocated withholding definitive judgement unless we see measurement data means I am willing to consider the possibility that the interference signals from the canards and other structures may not be statistically significant to frontal RCS.

"This is why when the J-20 came out, its canards quickly took center stage because of rules 1 and 2. No one doubts the J-20 as an equal to the US fighters because of it being Chinese."

It boogles the mind that gambit keep claiming canards on J-20 makes it unstealthy, or canards are inherently unstealthy no matter what you do. If you look at the history of stealth design, no one really thought a huge plane like FA-117 can be make into so stealthy. Now, even a bigger plane like B2 can be make into extremely stealthy. It simply staggers my mind when someone keep suggesting that the Chinese engineers can not make that little canards also stealthy by utilizing all the know hows of stealth designs.

As we all know, airplanes are designed first advanced software, and then validated in wind tunnel, and with stealthy aircraft, its also tested RCS/radar chamber. China has all those to help rapid design and iterations. It's simply impossible that the Chinese engineers don't know how to make those little canards stealthy, if they know how to make the rest of the plane stealthy. Just use those well known rules Gambit had suggested and then design, test and iterate until an acceptable solution is reached.

So Gambit, stop making a fool of yourself.

"This is why when the J-20 came out, its canards quickly took center stage because of rules 1 and 2. No one doubts the J-20 as an equal to the US fighters because of it being Chinese."

It boogles the mind that gambit keep claiming canards on J-20 makes it unstealthy, or canards are inherently unstealthy no matter what you do. If you look at the history of stealth design, no one really thought a huge plane like FA-117 can be make into so stealthy. Now, even a bigger plane like B2 can be make into extremely stealthy. It simply staggers my mind to suggest that the Chinese engineers can not make that little canards also stealthy by utilizing all the know hows of stealth designs.

As we all know, airplanes are designed first advanced software, and then validated in wind tunnel, and with stealthy aircraft, its also tested RCS/radar chamber. China has all those to help rapid design and iterations. It's simply impossible that the Chinese engineers don't know how to make those little canards stealthy, if they know how to make the rest of the plane stealthy. Just use those well known rules Gambit had suggested and then design, test and iterate until an acceptable solution is reached.

So Gambit, stop making a fool of yourself.
Actually, YOU should stop posting because you are making a fool of yourself.

On this forum, I have show the basics of radar detection and cleared up much confusion about 'stealth' since '09. It is clear that what I posted went over your head, else you would not have twisted my words so.

"On this forum, I have show the basics of radar detection and cleared up much confusion about 'stealth' since '09. It is clear that what I posted went over your head, else you would not have twisted my words so."

You simply have not put the J-20 in a RCS/Radar chamber to validate your claim that planes with Canards are not stealthy. That's a fact. No one in the world believe you have access to J-20 and a RCS/Radar chamber. You are not a professional aviation engineer. You probably never got close to a fighter plane.

All your conclusions about J-20's unstealthiness are simply B.S. I would put my faith in the Chinese engineers that they know what they are doing and capable of render those little canards stealthy with the rest of the J-20.

Actually, YOU should stop posting because you are making a fool of yourself.

On this forum, I have show the basics of radar detection and cleared up much confusion about 'stealth' since '09. It is clear that what I posted went over your head, else you would not have twisted my words so.

ya i guess Chengdu AC should had selected you to be their chief designer for the J-20 instead of yangwei, since u 'obviously' know about what makes and what not makes a plane stealthy than him.

Different countries have different priorities in mind when designing their fighters, The US is becoming too religious about stealth, IMO the stealthness of J20 is sufficient in its role.

Yes, the MIC and the MSM simply put a bag over people's head so they have never heard of anti-stealth radars. The western MSM are suspiciously silent over passive radar and the fact the AESA radars CAN detect stealth planes far away, over 100KM.

"On this forum, I have show the basics of radar detection and cleared up much confusion about 'stealth' since '09. It is clear that what I posted went over your head, else you would not have twisted my words so."

You simply have not put the J-20 in a RCS/Radar chamber to validate your claim that planes with Canards are not stealthy. That's a fact. No one in the world believe you have access to J-20 and a RCS/Radar chamber. You are not a professional aviation engineer. You probably never got close to a fighter plane.

All your conclusions about J-20's unstealthiness are simply B.S. I would put my faith in the Chinese engineers that they know what they are doing and capable of render those little canards stealthy with the rest of the J-20.
I do not need to put the F-15 into a measurement chamber to know that the corner reflectors created by the vertical and horizontal stabs made that section of the jet 'unstealthy'. Likewise, I do not need to jump off a tall building to test the law of gravity, either. Based upon what I showed the regular readers of this forum since '09, no one talks about making a 'stealthy' F-16 or J-17 any more.

Back
Top Bottom