What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I am talking about our mirages ... as you know they are a bit old not the sophisticated flying machines that Indian airforce has

We have a lost decade to make up for between 1990 - 2000 when we did not had any new planes and high mileage was recorded on our planes

But recent talks of simulators, and new planes is promising to make up for the lost decade

While in hand of good pilot the Mirage can still engage and protect airspace and even bring down some enemy intruders but , if we can get an upgrading done on our mirages with J10B its a very good news for Pakistan Airforce

But if Indian Air Cheif insist on making bad comments in news after seeing my posts , well then we might just keep our mirages up in air and equip them with SD-10 and keep them operational as well

still your comment that 36 j10b is better than 120 mirage is wrong.
those birds are still good especially when in the hands of a gud pilot.
as you said upgrade them and keep them in service atleast for the sake of numbers

Well I think its time for our Mirages to retire , in next 3-4 years , may be 8 if we are pushing the envelop
I mean 190 mirages is a big force , and with missiles and other tricks it is useful but I think its time to focus on
replacing options

And J10B option fits in well with plans for modernization for airforce

100 F16
100 J10B
300 JF17
5 Strategic Stealth Fighters

Is the ideal airforce

With 80 J11 for Navy

If we can attain that target we are good for 15 years

I think China was flying J10 for good 7-10 years , and world did not knew about it

China is also flying stealth planes and world had no clue

So what makes you think China will have a press release and tell every one its J10B is not flying in air ?

images

I know J-10 is there for years, I'm asking about J-10B.

Weapon purchase always makes me happy! And this will take defense co-op to new level.
Will this be nuke capable?

Because F16 Was Introduced in 1978 and made its First flight in 1974.it is in its mass production from 33 Years.After 33 years JF Thunder Will be That Much Mature Tooooooooooo:azn:
i know some of you may argue about thunder-blk2 being more capable than f-16. well f-16s are one of those fighters, which even with crappy radars, can win air battles!

J-10B? and J-10A?

either way, I'm extremely happy, thanks thread starter, you made my day!
This beast will be PAF's top notch beast!

Can't wait to see it in our colours.

Weapon purchase always makes me happy! And this will take defense co-op to new level.
Will this be nuke capable?

Easily!!! Ra'ad could be be integrated, similarly to integration plans for JF-17.

but nuke capable isn't the exciting thing.
we could be seeing a 4.5 gen fighter!!! huge step up for PAF.

It marks the start a new more Chinese and less American future.

Did J-10B introduce to PLAAF yet? If not yet, when?

No, there is no J-10B in service in PLAAF/PLANAF.

The test of J-10B is not finished yet, especially when J-10B is now powered by a new engine WS-10/taihang.

The first block of J-10B with AL-31FN will come out this year, for PAF, I think.

Next blocks of J-10B will upgrade their engines to WS-10/Taihang.

I guess PAF may get J-10B before PLAAF, since PLAAF may prefer and waiting for J-10B/Taihang.

There are more news and pics of J-10B/WS-10 here, in this forum:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/122518-pic-j-10b-ws-10x-8-1-anniversary.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/122233-news-within-cac-j-10b-j-20-also-pakistan-related.html

PAF will only get 36 J-10s..
PAF will be composed of high-medium tech fighters by 2014!
roughly 100 aircrafts will be f-16s and J-10s! (high tech)
and roughly 200-250 will be medium tech, Jf-17 thunders!

i know some of you may argue about thunder-blk2 being more capable than f-16. well f-16s are one of those fighters, which even with crappy radars, can win air battles!

Sir, I don't think we'll have 200-250 thunders. 150 is a more realistic number, considering the shift from 4th gen JF-17 production to 4+/4.5gen block II production.

You may however see the number of J-10s and F-16 combined go above 100.

It's all utter speculation of course.

HOW MANY THESE J10BS WE WILL INDUCT 36 OR 50+

I don't know mate, maybe a more well informed member can shed some light on it.

Initially, we heard of an order for 36, EH then said that PAF will get 58, now insiders are saying that we'll be getting J-10As, and other insiders saying 36 J-10B, also some talk to following orders after the first batch is delivered.

So for now, that is a really difficult question to answer.

Well I think its time for our Mirages to retire , in next 3-4 years , may be 8 if we are pushing the envelop
I mean 190 mirages is a big force , and with missiles and other tricks it is useful but I think its time to focus on
replacing options

And J10B option fits in well with plans for modernization for airforce

100 F16
100 J10B

300 JF17
5 Strategic Stealth Fighters

Is the ideal airforce

With 80 J11 for Navy

If we can attain that target we are good for 15 years

stop dreaming man...
noone's buying J-11, more F-16s are highly unlikely, and PAF wont get 100 J-10B!
i think PAF's fleet size would be between 350-400, which is more than good as all the aircrafts are new!
and one more thing, you see fighters are getting more and more expensive, and if we create a huge fleet now, we will face hard time replacing all the aircrafts in future...
our economic growth is just not sufficient to finance future expenses.

J-10B? and J-10A?

either way, I'm extremely happy, thanks thread starter, you made my day!
This beast will be PAF's top notch beast!

Can't wait to see it in our colours.

Fighters such as F-7,JF-17,A-5,etc are always much more beautiful in PAF colours.
I don't know why, but chinese engineers are doing really badly in painting.
Can't wait to see J-10 in PAF colours, since not untill then we will not know how beautiful they can be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom