What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Saudi buying J10C.

Saudi Arabia and China are reportedly in talks over the potential sale of Chengdu J-10C fighter jets to the Middle Eastern Kingdom, according to a report from the Tactical Report intelligence service.

Forget this BS and even more this site … it’s nothing but ridiculous

Forget this BS and even more this site … it’s nothing but ridiculous

I remember you saying that about China acquiring the Su-35 :) I'm generally sceptical as well, but lets see, you never know :) The Gulf arabs perform defence deals not for technical or platform capabilities but rather political reasons.

I remember you saying that about China acquiring the Su-35 :) I'm generally sceptical as well, but lets see, you never know :) The Gulf arabs perform defence deals not for technical or platform capabilities but rather political reasons.

Well, indeed I was skeptical but the chances for Su-35s for the PLAAF was much higher than this … IMO the US & GB will never allow SA to operate F-15s, Typhoons and Tornados together with a Chinese high end fighter

Well, indeed I was skeptical but the chances for Su-35s for the PLAAF was much higher than this … IMO the US & GB will never allow SA to operate F-15s, Typhoons and Tornados together with a Chinese high end fighter

Well the US "allows" the PAF to operate F-16s alongside J-10Cs. The gulf Arabs won't be offered the F-35 it seems, so they'll need to look at alternatives. I'm not saying the J-10C is an alternative to the F-35, but at least it doesn't come with any restrictions from China, and may lead to follow on orders for a fight geb option from China.

On paper your argument makes sense. But the ME, in particular the SA-led nations including UAE is carrying out a strategic shift in the economic, political, and military fronts. The fact remains US is not going to sell these nations the F35's. Acquiring the J10Cs seems to be the stepping stone to eventually get J35's from China. If this is the direction the ME nations are going, they will likely get a small batch of J10C to familiarize with the Chinese techs (J10C shares a lot of similar techs with J20) and to not infuriate the US. Once the J35s become available for exports -- which will be at least 10 years away, SA will likely import the J35's and retire the F15s Typhoons etc.

16228230_4f8585f655d1e9d1b8b6c46a8190a8e1.jpg
16228230_2f0e2a24d55bf3303a8bc5bfae08b655.jpg
16228230_90f29150ed4ec98888be48d0825b4c4c.jpg

Via http://eng.chinamil.com.cn/HOME_209227/Focus_209228/16228230.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom