What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Maybe I misunderstood Your post but You said:

1. These should be the J10B late batch model (above picture) powered by FWS10A or FWS10H with type A nozzle and

Wrong, since the image on top shows a J-10C with a standard AL-31FN Series 3 nozzle ... exactly the same as the J-10B in Zhuhai featured, since both B & C models use the same engine. There is no "type A nozzle"

2. J10C prototype (below) powered by FWS10AII with type B nozzle, the one displayed on the Zhuhai show.

Also wrong, since this one is a J-10B with a WS-10, the same nozzle as all WS-10 engines have and not as the J-10B in Zhuhai had. Or did You mean the WS-10B on display ? Then You are correct, but that makes this aircraft still not a C.

Or can You please explain what You meant with WS-10 type A or B nozzle ??

Deino
As I am doomed to be wrong to disagree with you, so I ll save it.
anyone trying to disagree against Deino on engine issues is sure to be wrong

I don't know anyone who is as knowledgeable on engines issue as Deino is
Thanks God.Then please explain to us which Russian-made AL-31F variant can make J-20 with 19t+fuel weight to climb vertically without afterburner during the J-20 debut demo flight at the Zhuhai air show?

Thanks God.Then please explain to us which Russian-made AL-31F variant can make J-20 with 19t+fuel weight to climb vertically without afterburner during the J-20 debut demo flight at the Zhuhai air show?

All sorts of planes climb vertically, many do not have very high thrust to weight ratio, it's just a matter of control surfaces converting kinetic energy into potential energy. Unless you have a T/W ratio > 1 though you'll slow down throughout the climb and eventually fall.

Still can't see how this J-20 jet could control surfaces converting kinetic energy into potential energy to make that type of vertical climb without more powerful powerplant than Al-31F.

@dingyibvs

anyone trying to disagree against Deino on engine issues is sure to be wrong

I don't know anyone who is as knowledgeable on engines issue as Deino is
Lol.... I totally disagree with you. There are many info Deino do not know. And our conclusion is not based on fanboy of personal opinions. But based on years of keeping track with news,development and interview with credible people like chief engineer of aero engine , AVIC chairman and high level ranking PLAAF officer. If you think those people words is not credible enough and a non Chinese speaking foreigner conclusion is more credible. Clearly a biased against Chinese speaking people source surface.

All these credible source Chinese people do not speak English and they only publish their news in Chinese. If you think people like Yang wei and Lin zuoming interview is nothing. There is nothing much we can discuss further.

So whats the difference between the j-10b and the C version thanks.

No offence, but this was already posted I think 100 times and nearly once on each page ... most of all the C-model features much more advanced avionics around a new AESA radar.

Externally they are nearly the same and the most important differences are marked ... hope that helps.

Deino

J-10B vs J-10C.jpg

No offence, but this was already posted I think 100 times and nearly once on each page ... most of all the C-model features much more advanced avionics around a new AESA radar.

Externally they are nearly the same and the most important differences are marked ... hope that helps.

Deino

View attachment 357216
Is that means the j-10 has no aesa radar or it does but the one on the C is a better one thanks.

Is that means the j-10 has no aesa radar or it does but the one on the C is a better one thanks.
Side question if you were given a mig-35 and a j-10b or c but you go with just one which one you go with and why thanks.

Side question if you were given a mig-35 and a j-10b or c but you go with just one which one you go with and why thanks.

The J-10A has a Pulse-Doppler radar, the J-10B a PESA radar, and the J-10C an AESA radar.

The J-10B/C and MiG-35 are very different jets that fill divergent niches, each of which will function according to the circumstances at hand. To juxtapose the two would be quite difficult on a one-to-one basis.

A far better comparator would be the Rafale, and, to a lesser extent, the Eurofighter F3.

Is that means the j-10 has no aesa radar or it does but the one on the C is a better one thanks..

So far all reports confirm that the A-model uses a standard PD-radar (Type 1473), the B-models uses - as an interim - a PESA (X-band developed by the 607 Institute) and only the most recent C-model has an AESA (developed by the 14th Institute).

IMO I would go for a J-10C due to its much more advanced avionics.

you mean a rafale to the j-10?.

My point was that it would be near impossible to do an impartial and technically-sound comparison of the MiG-35 to the J-10B/C given their different roles and the vast number of circumstantial variables in a comparison.

My point was that it would be near impossible to do an impartial and technically-sound comparison of the MiG-35 to the J-10B/C given their different roles and the vast number of circumstantial variables in a comparison.
the mig-35 is a multi rule fighter just like the j-10 so yes the comparison is valid.

just like @Deino said Id go with the j-10 for its electronics the only thing I don't know about the j-10 if she carry something like the SPECTRA or not?.

the mig-35 is a multi rule fighter just like the j-10 so yes the comparison is valid.

just like @Deino said Id go with the j-10 for its electronics the only thing I don't know about the j-10 if she carry something like the SPECTRA or not?.

They may be multirole but are in different weight classes and were developed with different threats in mind. SPECTRA is a patented term for an integrated self-defense/awareness suite that involves RWR, MAW, jammers, and IR detection. The J-10B/C has all of those things but the integration thereof is still a question to be answered.

Planes configured for aerobatic displays rarely fly with full fuel load. It is definitely possible to execute the climb you described with an AL-31F variant. I won't discount that the J-20 is running on domestic engines however. If Yin Zhuo did claim that the J-20 is using domestic engines, it is pretty significant as he is generally conservative in his statements.

The J-10A has a Pulse-Doppler radar, the J-10B a PESA radar, and the J-10C an AESA radar.

So far all reports confirm that the A-model uses a standard PD-radar (Type 1473), the B-models uses - as an interim - a PESA (X-band developed by the 607 Institute) and only the most recent C-model has an AESA (developed by the 14th Institute).

I have not seen any evidence that the J-10B is hosting a PESA radar. I have seen one picture of the J-10B with nosecone off, radar covers on, and no exposed modules. I think it is debatable whether the J-10B radar is even from 607. I haven't ruled anything out, but the best we can say at this point is that it is an electronically scanned array.

Back
Top Bottom