What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

It's not just simple as you think. If chief designer of J-20 Yang Wei can be sack too. You can imagine the powers struggle behind AVIC.
so power struggle is more important than engineering decision?

so power struggle is more important than engineering decision?
This is how things work on top(sometimes). Imagine all the while u gain the fame and top, suddenly you become second to others. People will fight back to cling onto that past glory.

Western Europe could have just buy Ukraine An-70 transport plane and save them all the money and trouble of A400 but it did not happen.
Same as Vietnam war could end earlier but it did not as US weapon supplier do not like it.

Too much red tape and internal struggle
I will just say Shenyang aviation is very powerful in having say in PLAAF. Despite under the same umbrella of AVIC, it is not as united as it seems to be.

Death of song wencong is also a blow to Chengdu aviation having a very senior figure losing a voice in PLAAF. See the timing song wencong death and yang wei sacking is quite close.

Last edited:
First time a J-10 - here a J-10B - spotted armed with an YJ-91 ARM.

J-10B + YJ-91 - first time.jpg

On post # 8169 above ... ...

Notice those Big Eagle Logo on the J-10A tails, ... ...
Those 2 J-10As above belong to the Golden Helmet and/or Golden Arrow winning pilots.

金头盔--2011--J-10A Champs--1a.jpg

===

Usually, we are way too focus on the PLA hardware developments.
The PLA Human Operators Training and Developments in the
( Army, Air Force, and Navy ) + ( Rocket Force, and Strategic Supplies )
are much more critical and important than the PLA hardware developments.

===

1*) Could anyone find nice stories on individual PLAAF Golden Helmet pilots
struggle to maintain their Top Spot rankings ??

2*) It is almost at the end of the year.
-- Is there any news on this yr 2016 Annual Golden Helmet Freestyle Combat Competition ??

2015 Annual Golden Helmet Freestyle Combat Competition

金头盔--2015--12 Champs--1aa.jpg

Let's start with the AL-31FN as an example. I want people to focus on the section of the nozzle with blue petals. The petals are not always blue. But they do happen to be blue in most of the older pictures of the AL-31FN.

p7hUiYf.jpg

Notice that there is a 'double layer' arrangement of petals in this section. There is a top layer and a bottom layer. I've highlighted the two layers in the picture above. All Russian engines in the AL-31 family have this 'double layer' characteristic as far as I know.

The 'double layer' arrangement is also present in the AL-31FN Series 3, which showed up at Zhuhai 2016.

Sxa1gFE.jpg

Now look at the engine on the unmarked J-10B below. Do you see the 'double layer' petal arrangement? I sure don't.

tOzLDiR.jpg

HzO7cSE.jpg

It is important to understand that the same engine coming from the same production line should have no differences at all. The engine would be assembled from the same number of parts using the same production process. Therefore, even slight differences are suspicious.

The important thing is that the pictures are up for all to see. I want people to look at the engines and come to their own conclusions.

It is one layer. Furthermore, there is an obvious 'bend' in the metal petal at the trailing edge, a characteristic not present in Russian AL-31.

tOzLDiR.jpg

Look closer.

rTVRTWD.jpg

My highlights added below.

06vtUIP.jpg

Please note that the trailing edge of the 'blue petals' on the Russian AL-31FN Series 3 is perfectly straight. There is no mechanism that would allow the metal to 'bend' at all.

NXIYGKz.jpg

Last edited:
Again like I already explained ! The one engine has its nozzle fully open (as such this layer is not bent) whereas the other is closed (so this layer is bent).

@j20blackdragon
Please don't take this as an offence and I admire Your - IMO desperate - attempt to find out something mysterious in these images. This image is much too blurred. Why to You ignore the high-resolution, full size ones I podsted and post such a blurred one. It's shown actually nothing ...

Honestly are You really that much obsessed or desperate to find a secret WS-1X-engine that You ignore all similarities and pick out the slightest bit of difference only to assume it is a different engine?? Look at the size of the pedals, the nuts, bolts and screws ... all the same and You pick out a slightly different bent ?

We know - even officially confirmed - that the J-10B and C uses an AL-31FN series 3, so there is nothing, really NOTHING special between the J-10B engines already seen and this engine seen in Zhuhai.
Concerning this blurred image of a 200x-prototype, we all know that they were experimenting with some sort of layer, cover or whatever to hide the true identity of the engine, but the latest J-20S are again showing a regular AL-nozzle.

Sorry to disappoint You and I too would be glad if the J-20 would use a Chinese engine ... it simply does not, does not yet and that's not an offence, not an insult against all achievements China reached in recent years. It is simply a fact.

Deino

Last edited:
Again like I already explained ! The one engine has its nozzle fully open (as such this layer is not bent) whereas the other is closed (so this layer is bent).

You don't get it. There is no mechanism that would allow a straight piece of metal to bend at all. It doesn't matter if the nozzle is open or closed. That section of the nozzle (the blue petals) doesn't move to begin with.

1.JPG

The interesting thing is that you highlighted the 'bend' yourself in your own drawing. Notice that the 'red' section in your drawing juts out at a different angle. You did the drawing, not me. You noticed the 'bend' too, otherwise you wouldn't have drawn it like that.

2.JPG

Once again, the same engines coming from the same production line should look exactly the same. It makes no sense for the manufacturer Salut to manufacture one batch of engines one way, and another batch a completely different way. It costs money to make different parts. And yes, small differences do matter.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom