What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Yes indeed an interesting calculation:

Given this order from 2011 and in mind of the first 53 batch 1 J-10B produced (55 - the last two with WS-10B) and now already 49 batch 2 J-10C - therefore 123-102 = 21 - then, there are only 21 engines left.

Extrapolating or reserving 6 for the last 6 remaining J-10Cs batch 2 to be produced - if batch 1 & 2 are the same size - then this would be only 15 engines as a "replacement" or other use.

That's even more interesting - and "confirming" my theory - since if one assumes that the J-20A also uses the AL-31FN series 3, then their powerplants must come from another, still secret contract similar to the original first contract for the J-10.

Deino, but what about the spare engine? They can't use all engines to build new fighters aren't they? What happen when the engine need overhaul?

Exactly my point ... "then this would be only 15 engines as a "replacement" or other use" ! IMO a few too few for about 100 serial aircraft.

Deino

Thanks for the Calculation Mr. @Deino

But based on your Calculation, that's mean the next Chengdu J-10C from Chengdu Factory would use WS-10 Taihang Engine, because there is no more AL-31FN Engine left in China's stock?

Happy National Day ... to all my Chinese friends !

View attachment 339477

And now even larger !

J-10C 10.1 complete.jpg

J-10C with PL-10 short range missile
the missile also includes "multi-element imaging infrared seeker with anti-jamming capabilities" and off-boresight attacks.
Read more: https://sputniknews.com/asia/20150917/1027161668/PL-10-Missile.html
PUk82Vx.jpg

This is the most clearest and detailed pictures of PL-10 missile ever seen 这是迄今为止第一张能看到细节的霹雳-10空空导弹照片,可见该导弹采用了特殊外形的尾部气动控制面,同时又明显有燃气舵,可见极为强调机动性能。

Back
Top Bottom