What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J-10 B crashed today due to engine failure.

Indeed sad, a factory fresh J-10B - if You look closely on the small blade antenna on the spine, the J-10A uses a different model - but a strange coincidence, the pilot was Li Gang, who flew the J-20 prototype during its maiden flight.

Deino

Attachments

• J-10B crash - 15.11.14.jpg
    J-10B crash - 15.11.14.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 99
But it was simply a J-10B ... just compare the images ! So either there are two planes that went down what I can't believe or please look again to the details in my image. The twin-seater J-10AS has a completely different spine.

Indeed sad, a factory fresh J-10B - if You look closely on the small blade antenna on the spine, the J-10A uses a different model - but a strange coincidence, the pilot was Li Gang, who flew the J-20 prototype during its maiden flight.

Deino

an experienced pilot cannot save a single-engine fighter, once its engine failed.
That's why, China should do more to have a reliable engine.

Not J-10B。It was a J-10S that crashed due to engine failure。

Two pilots,one in his early 30s and the other 50s。

No ... 100% for sure ! The crashed aircraft is simply a single seater since it lacks the trainer's boxy spine. And regarding that blade antenna I'm truly sure it was a "B".

Whatever J-10S or J-10B crash, China can build another one ... the sad is one engine lost & 7x injured on ground.
Damn ... waste our money.

ask the rusky come and check the engine problem, it's fatal when your enemy knows your weakness.

No ... 100% for sure ! The crashed aircraft is simply a single seater since it lacks the trainer's boxy spine. And regarding that blade antenna I'm truly sure it was a "B".

Have we considered the possibility of a two-seater J-10B? Maybe that's one of the reasons why the pilot was so upset.

Could it have simply been a newly-built J-10S, to play the devil's advocate?

Have we considered the possibility of a two-seater J-10B? Maybe that's one of the reasons why the pilot was so upset.

Could it have simply been a newly-built J-10S, to play the devil's advocate?

For forth answers: NO ! All twin-seaters simply have the enlarged boxy spine - similar to the Israeli F-16D and at least the crashed aircraft lacks this item ... as such it was a single-seater.

JUST BUILD ANOTHER j10b, PERIOD. SOMETIMES SHIT HAPPENS, THAT'S IT. AL31F HAS SOME PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED AT LOW ATTITUDE, BETTER USE WS10A REPLACE IT OR BUILD UP ANOTHER ASSEMBLY LINE FOR WS10 ENGINE. THIS KIND OF PROBLEM WILL BE ADRRESED WITHIN 2 YEARS.

We will have better indigenous engine in the future, not a big problem. The most desperate part is not we lose a plane, its about whether we have hope in the future. I'm fully opptimistic about PLAAF's future as we invest billions in engine R&D. such small predicment won't stop our path to become a powerful airforce. Let us have faith in our country, rip to those dead in the accident.

We just have to be abit patient for domestic engine to fully replaced AL-31 imported engine. 2015 will be the year of domestic engine. J-10B , J-16 and J-15 will go operation with domestic taihang engine. J-31 ,J-20 and Y-20 will also debut with new WS-13 ,WS-15 and WS-20.

Stay tune.

Back
Top Bottom