What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

There are too much structural differences between J-10A and J-10B. You can't retrofit DSI onto J-10A. All the J-10A would have to go into the recycle plant. :cray:

So if A variant has no DSI it is obsolete? How is F-16 produced in 81 upgraded in 2011 just to give you clue. Have you seen structural modifications to F-15s, F-16s..i think Chinese are not that backward are they?

So if A variant has no DSI it is obsolete? How is F-16 produced in 81 upgraded in 2011 just to give you clue. Have you seen structural modifications to F-15s, F-16s..i think Chinese are not that backward are they?

Chinese pilots fly the best. If they get new planes, they throw out old planes. :bounce: J-10B is more advanced than Rafale.

Block 1 JF-17 is 8 years younger than J-10A. J-10B is 10 years younger than J-10A. J-10A is pretty much obsolete and gets replaced by J-10B.

Hi,

I guess you are right---being 8 years younger---so by default it would have a comparatively advanced electronic warfare system---. That is how any industry works.

Chinese pilots fly the best. If they get new planes, they throw out old planes. :bounce: J-10B is more advanced than Rafale.

Testbed/prototype of B variant was initially J-10A. Spare us myfriend Rafale is still ahead...Just because it looks dashing and has alleged AESA doesn't make J-10B one step ahead of Rafale.

I think too many people look at range, payload and other technical aspect of J-10 compare to JF-17 but complete miss the most important aspect of PLAAF choosing J-10 compare to JF-17.

Manoeuvrability.

J-10 is nearly scrapped by PLAAF as they do not see any advantage of J-10 compare to the J-11A(Su-27) until a real live combat exercise was organised of fights between J-10A vs J-11A. The J-11A(Su-27) was completely mauled in WVR with J-10A. PLAAF top brass agreed fully support of J-10 program.
J-10A is a class above even the legendary F-16 in terms of agility. Which is the massive reason why JF-17 never gets inducted by PLAAF.[/quote/]
The Chinese are not going to trash their own design so you take that with a pinch of salt.More baseless claims-Where are the specs on the J10a?

Last edited:
J-10 is nearly scrapped by PLAAF as they do not see any advantage of J-10 compare to the J-11A(Su-27) until a real live combat exercise was organised of fights between J-10A vs J-11A. The J-11A(Su-27) was completely mauled in WVR with J-10A. PLAAF top brass agreed fully support of J-10 program. J-10A is a class above even the legendary F-16 in terms of agility. Which is the massive reason why JF-17 never gets inducted by PLAAF.

Or perhaps they have more intelligent reasons such as air doctrine??
The J-10 is a very manoeuvrable fighter.. but it was always meant to be the low end of the CHinese AF high-low mix. There is simply NO NEED for the JF-17 in China's combat mix.

J-10 has excellent range, covering all of India from Tibet. This is why PLAAF uses J-10 rather than FC-1.

Testbed/prototype of B variant was initially J-10A. Spare us myfriend Rafale is still ahead...Just because it looks dashing and has alleged AESA doesn't make J-10B one step ahead of Rafale.

What does Rafale offer over J-10B? :coffee:

How so? J-10B is sort of like an upgraded F-16E.
What do you mean by"sort of"?Comparisons are being made with the Rafale yet people know next to nothing about the J-10B so words like"sort of" are used instead

What do you mean by"sort of"?Comparisons are being made with the Rafale yet people know next to nothing about the J-10B so words like"sort of" are used instead

Just LOOK at J-10B. You can see it is HIGHLY advanced. :bounce:

Last edited:
There is too much structural difference between J-10A and J-10B. You can't retrofit DSI onto J-10A. All the J-10A would have to go to the recycle plant. :cray:
Dude,J10A is a very efficient platform, you seems to bend over backward. PLA will keep updating J10 A in the future , Even old platform like F16 keeps involving at its best. J10b absorbs lots of 5 gen tech from J20 development, much more advanced than J10A interms of fuselage and EW.

We Chinese shall be fully confident with our own fighters, while we shall always be humble as our ancestor teaches us. J10 series fighters will continue evolving before it is totally obsolete. The problem is non of the air force in this planet is wealthy enough to replace their whole 4gen fighters fleet with 5 gen fighters in one go.

J10 A is a tailor product designed for PLAAF, while JF17 is a customized design for PAF. The two projects are highly correlated.

I think we have not detail specs of neither J10B nor French/EU fighters. Comparing something we do not know is meaningless. But we could make a good guess when compare with J10A and J10B and my bet is J10B is better in general performance of J10A. Although where an how much better is still a guess. My reasons:

1. It took years and huge amount of money to develope J10B from J10A and I do not believe any Government would waste that time and money for a product that is not better than the existing one.

2. The T/W ratio is improved according to most forum members because a) improved engines, b) reduced weight due to composite material and DSI design. Both are logical. The Russian knows if they could not provide a better engine, Chinese will not buy from them. People believe the power of the engines slightly increases.

3. A better rada and avionics. Again it is logical. No matter it is AESA OR PESA, it must be better than the old ones.

Back
Top Bottom