What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

yeah i agree with you.. its been long we are only listening about weapons inducting by pak army , navy and airforce but nothing new is inducted in last few years :(
i.e : chinese subs , tipu (icbm) , Gauri and shaheen with better range , chengdu j-10b, even we still dont have babur II :(

how you guys think to counter mighty indian inventory ? i think we are only lions on paper and words .. and some of peoples like imran khan thinks we should destroy USA drones and go for war with USA :cuckoo:

The reason that those systems you have mentioned have not been stepped upon at break neck speed is that they are not strictly required. The PAF is no "paper tiger" in the least and can do the job that it is meant to. How long it can sustain the momentum and operations is another matter. As I had told your compatriot @That Guy warfare is not contingent upon just platforms in isolation- the PAF Is trying to make the best out of the resources available to it- AND it can very much inflict some rather serious damage to my nation if required. Win the "war", so to say, it cannot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group will produce a total of 1,200 J-10 fighters for the PLA Force to counter F-16 fighters over the Taiwan Strait and Western Pacific, according to our sister paper Want Daily.

The Moscow-based Voice of Russia says the J-10A uses the Lyulka-Saturn AL-31FN turbofan engine imported from Russia due to difficulties in the development of China's WS-10 Taihang engine. The newer J-10B variant will be fitted with the Taihang engine.

Geng Ruguang, senior vice president of China Aviation Industry Corporation, said the development of the J-10, Taihang engine and PL-12 air-to-air missile shows China has become the fourth nation in the world to design and produce its own advanced fighter.

Geng said the J-10B's active phased array airborne radar enables the fighter to track six targets and engage four of them simultaneously. Geng also said the J-10's radar system can also lock on to US F-16 and Japanese F-2 fighters without difficulty. Furthermore, the PL-12 air-to-air missile designed for the J-10 boasts similar specs to the US-built AIM-120 air-to-air missile used by the F-16A/B fighters of Taiwan's air force.

Taiwan currently has 388 fighters, of which 145 are F-16A/Bs purchased from the United States. The imbalance in the size of the size of the fighter fleets on opposing sides of the Taiwan Strait is a matter of serious concern for Taiwan's security.

Between 2014 and 2015, 36 J-10B fighters will also be supplied to the Pakistan Air Force under the name FC-20.

Source: Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters

First of all, don't be a rude asshole.

Google it, it's a commonly known thing. PAF has no choice but to get these, it is not a matter of being off the table or money, it is a matter of time, nothing more.

Check out air marshal's post. @air marshal , thank you for proving my point.

So yeah, if you still don't believe me, then like I said before, google it.

Geng also said the J-10's radar system can also lock on to US F-16 and Japanese F-2 fighters without difficulty

Propaganda, does not take into account upgrades. Very one sided statement which holds no merit considering the 2 planes have never even faced each other makes me believe it is utter bull.

what about the RWR/ radar warning receiver on the F16 block 60 huh?

Geng also said the J-10's radar system can also lock on to US F-16 and Japanese F-2 fighters without difficulty

Propaganda, does not take into account upgrades. Very one sided statement which holds no merit considering the 2 planes have never even faced each other makes me believe it is utter bull.

Then again, Pakistan has a bunch of Block 52 F-16s, we don't know if PAF did or didn't allow Chinese engineers to take a look. This is not to mention that PAF may have been giving constant input to the Chinese to improve their system, especially considering that PAF is looking to buy the J-10Bs as a sanction proof alternative to the F-16s.

what about the RWR/ radar warning receiver on the F16 block 60 huh?

As for the Block 60, only the UAE uses the blk 60, the US itself doesn't operate the blk 60. There is little point in even mentioning the blk 60.

Then again, Pakistan has a bunch of Block 52 F-16s, we don't know if PAF did or didn't allow Chinese engineers to take a look. This is not to mention that PAF may have been giving constant input to the Chinese to improve their system, especially considering that PAF is looking to buy the J-10Bs as a sanction proof alternative to the F-16s.

As for the Block 60, only the UAE uses the blk 60, the US itself doesn't operate the blk 60. There is little point in even mentioning the blk 60.

I always take Chinese articles with a little pinch of salt as they contain much propaganda, as the 2 fighters have never faced each other plus pilot skills will come into play also it is hard to say what the outcome could be.

Plus the US is going to be upgrading the US and Taiwan F-16 AESA Radar so who will lock who first? one can not say without them facing each other to be sure

Northrop Begins Work On F-16 AESA Radar Upgrade

I always take Chinese articles with a little pinch of salt as they contain much propaganda, as the 2 fighters have never faced each other plus pilot skills will come into play also it is hard to say what the outcome could be.

Plus the US is going to be upgrading the US and Taiwan F-16 AESA Radar so who will lock who first? one can not say without them facing each other to be sure

Northrop Begins Work On F-16 AESA Radar Upgrade

In the end, we don't know much, now do we? Rejecting these claims is just as bad as believing them blindly. Never underestimate your rival.

In the end, we don't know much, now do we? Rejecting these claims is just as bad as believing them blindly. Never underestimate your rival.

Point was the article is from a Chinese publication which will have some form of propaganda which is to be expected, I would still say the US is streets ahead and will always be so because by the time the Chinese catch up to its current level the Americans would have gone to a higher level so it will always be playing catch-up but that is my view which people may disagree with.

Point was the article is from a Chinese publication which will have some form of propaganda which is to be expected, I would still say the US is streets ahead and will always be so because by the time the Chinese catch up to its current level the Americans would have gone to a higher level so it will always be playing catch-up but that is my view which people may disagree with.

Well, I'd argue that the article isn't claiming to be at the level of the US. This is especially true since the US is planning on phasing out the F-16 out and replacing it with the F-35. So to the US, the F-16 is old technology.

Remember, every propaganda piece has some semblance of truth in it. Even if it isn't as good as they claim, the article does have a point when it claims that Chinese technology is getting better and better, which is true.

Like I said before, rejecting something is just as bad as blindly believing it. We simply don't have the answers, and the truth is that we may never get them either. Until we do, we simply have to go by both what we're told and our critical thinking skills.

Well, I'd argue that the article isn't claiming to be at the level of the US. This is especially true since the US is planning on phasing out the F-16 out and replacing it with the F-35. So to the US, the F-16 is old technology.

Remember, every propaganda piece has some semblance of truth in it. Even if it isn't as good as they claim, the article does have a point when it claims that Chinese technology is getting better and better, which is true.

Like I said before, rejecting something is just as bad as blindly believing it. We simply don't have the answers, and the truth is that we may never get them either. Until we do, we simply have to go by both what we're told and our critical thinking skills.

In your view you think Pakistan still needs the J10 considering China will be marketing the J-31 as an export Fighter in the future, it makes more sense for Pakistan to work on the JF block 3 and wait for this I would of thought.

In your view you think Pakistan still needs the J10 considering China will be marketing the J-31 as an export Fighter in the future, it makes more sense for Pakistan to work on the JF block 3 and wait for this I would of thought.

From what I understand, PAF operates on a high-low doctrine, on the low end, PAF needs the JF-17 as the back bone for it's forces, and on the high end, it has the F-16s and needs the J-10s as force multipliers to counter India's number's superiority.

The J-31 will be available for export, yes, but that'll be around 2017-2020, and even then, we don't know if Pakistan's economy will have revived enough to be able to afford the J-31. PAF will only buy them when India starts getting FGFAs in large enough numbers to warrant a big enough threat, right now PAF is only interested in the J-31 and J-20 purely as a future possibility.

20121112115820610.jpg

World Wide Web went the Zhuhai Airshow mission group reported consolidated reported on November 13, 2012, 9th Zhuhai air show is scheduled to carry out. On the morning of November 12, the plan chief in charge of the Pakistan Air Force JF-17 (CPD) Jie Weide General Ahmed (Javaid Ahmed), accepted a joint interview with the World Wide Web and Sohu.

Last Zhuhai air show demonstration team, the "lion" of Pakistan gave audience left a deep impression, and only three of this year's Zhuhai Air Show JF-17 fighter exhibitors. General Ahmad, Jie Weide gives explanation, "lion" demonstration team equipped K-8 is Pakistan's important trainer demonstration team pilots and most experienced instructors, now they are JF-17 pilots busy training new pilots, and therefore unable to attend the Airshow, but have the opportunity to "lion" demonstration team will come back to Zhuhai Air Show, but also to participate in the air show will offer the audience a wonderful aerobatic .

As chief executive of the JF-17 program, Jie Weide General Ahmed attended the whole "Fierce Dragon" design work. He said that Pakistan and Chengdu Aircraft Manufacturing Company co-operation is very smooth, designers working attitude and friendship has left a deep impression. "Fierce Dragon" since the since the equipment of the Pakistan Air Force, Pakistan Air Force is very pleased with its performance. More importantly, the bilateral cooperation in the development of the fighter is not only produced in China, also Pakistan's domestic production, is very beneficial to the development of the aviation industry in Pakistan. "Fierce Dragon" cost is very high, very competitive in the international competition on the market, which benefit not only China and Pakistan will also make benefit the country of purchase.

Internet rumors of Pakistan will buy F-10 rumors, Jie Weide General Ahmed denied. He said that China and Pakistan jointly developed the "Fierce Dragon" has succeeded in equipment, but China and Pakistan is still on its continue to improve its ability to multitask further improve, and Pakistan is also working to improve the "Fierce Dragon" The degree of localization. He said that the Pakistan Air Force needs to bring together all the resources together so as to achieve better results. "Fierce Dragon" fighter performance, multi-tasking ability, can Pakistan's current operational needs, and improved still further. F -10 is also out of the hands of the Chengdu Aircraft Manufacturing Company, Pakistan Air Force its also a certain understanding of the Zhuhai Airshow also be able to see the excellent performance of the August flight demonstration team, the Pakistan Air Force know F -10 advanced technology performance, but in the next few years, Pakistan will not consider buying.

Jie Weide General Ahmed said, "Fierce Dragon" fighter is the most advanced multi-role fighter of the Pakistan Air Force, but also a sign of the friendship between the peoples of China and Pakistan. Chinese Air Force and the aviation industry is a friend and role model of Pakistan Air Force and the aviation industry, Pakistan will remember the help of the Pakistan International Airlines.

Zhuhai Airshow, Jie Weide General Ahmed said the Zhuhai Airshow is a very important international air show, China's aviation strength of the external display platform, Pakistan Air Force external to show the image of the channel and building friendship. (Zhiyuan / Sukhoi)

(Google translation)

http://mil.huanqiu.com/aerospace/2012-11/3269529.html

@DANGER-ZONE @That Guy

Take it easy gents.

I'm trying.

I'm telling him to quit being rude. My replies tend to be emotion free, but I only get stirred up when someone attacks me personally.

I admit, calling him an a--hole may not have been the best idea, but you can't tell me that it was uncalled for.

Back
Top Bottom