What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

There Are apparently ways to make a fighter jet that does not look stealthy, stealthy. :enjoy:

CAC has found solutions to all the technical issues that make J-10D what it will be. A BEAST. :P

What is even better, existing production facilities for J-10B/Cs can easily be adapted to produce J-10Ds, thereby saving bucket loads of time and money. :guns:
Sir sorry but I want to believe you but what is your source ?

To admit, that all sound too good to be true ... what's the source of these claims ?

For example, the combat range of J-10D will be greatly extended over its predecessors.

BUt how ? ... and even more if the latest J-10C features the improvements of An AESA, probably higher-thrust engines ... maybe finally the so often mentioned WS-10B (14t) but how could You extend the range "greatly" without again major airframe changes ?

Here are two links concerning the J-10D !

http://www.fyjs.cn/thread-1809909-1-1.html
http://lt.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2217041&page=5&authorid=31490

For example, the combat range of J-10D will be greatly extended over its predecessors.

Combat range will be greatly extended.
You mean this? Chengdu J-10 with Conformal Tank.

Chengdu J-10 with CFT.jpg

Love it ! If true.. :D

Last edited:
The disclosure on J-10D was from Pupu, a highly respected senior poster in Chinese internet, and his information is said from another reliable source as in the attached picture. Words in the picture includes.....
J-10D is
1) not stealth shape
2) application of new technology and advance avionics to compensate for lack of stealth (shape form)
3) avoided problems faced by F-35 (actual word is 35, I could be wrong if it was referring to Su-35, but I am more inclined he meant F-35 which is problem prompt)
4) can share production lines of J-10B/C.
5) has longer range than current J-10 series.

@JF0F2PY7Z`~GZA58C7WHFQ.png

Last edited:

Interesting, indeed. Does the source say when the prototype will roll out?

The disclosure on J-10D was from Pupu, a highly respected senior poster in Chinese internet, and his information is said from another reliable source as in the attached picture. Words in the picture includes.....
J-10D is
1) not stealth shape
2) application of new technology and advance avionics to compensate for lack of stealth (shape form)
3) avoided problems faced by F-35 (actual word is 35, I could be wrong if it was referring to Su-35, but I am more inclined he meant F-35 which is problem prompt)
4) can share production lines of J-10B/C.
5) has longer range than current J-10 series.

View attachment 301142

Any clue as to when the prototype will debut?

Hi,

The first thing is that with the WS10 engine---being newest production engine & technology---the fuel consumption would be lower---so off course better loiter time.

Again the chinese should look into other options that than conformal fuel tanks.

The first option again is the squarish fuel tank from the Gripen NG----by default of its design---a square carries more fluid that a circle.

With the WS10 engine---I won't be surprised if the fuel mileage increase be 10-20% better than before.

Gripen-NG-Fighter-Jet-Plane.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom