What's new

Chance of Pakistani team in ICC World Cup 2015

What do you think, Who could prove most fruitful player for Pakistan in this WC?

• Muhammad Irfan

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Shahid Afridi

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Misbah Ul Haq

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Younis Khan

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Ahmad Shehzad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sme One Else

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

MARK Paki

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Cricket is a funny game, specially with such format where teams have to face knockout situation from quarter-finals. So, nothing could be said so certainly about who is going to win this cup, but to me team Pakistan has the strength (though not seems good statically on paper being too young) is the site; with more than 7 feet tall fast bowler(M.Irfan); on those bouncy tracks, the most experienced one-day spinner of this tournament (Shahid Afridi), and blend of experience and youth batting and bowling line-up. Yes, to me Pakistan would be most dangerous opponent in Knockout stages to every team in this tournament.......

I don't like the format of the World Cup - they should revert to Super 6es. We pretty much know the 8 teams which will be through to the quarters. It is then a knockout. Pakistan, if it gets its act together is always a very good team. On form. I think unless they choke - it will be the South Africans - if they can't win the World Cup with Amla, DeVillers, Miller, Steyn and Morkel then they are really never going to win this cup.

Yup, But South Africans don't have great WC history, though they always have good players in their team but yet they have some weaknesses also, which cause them stop in their journey to victory before reaching their destiny and one of that weakness is their inability to play quality spin bowling. So, in my opinion S.A. is going to be trapped in Quarters or Semis by any of the sub-continental site.....

15 ko puri Qaum "Jay-e-Namaz" pe baith jae.

So, we've won today's match....
Intrusting fact:
Our Bowling restricted 8 English batsmen to 250 in 50 overs.
I mean, as it was warm up match so whole 15 players can take part in game. Here in this match; even last batsmen for England, JC Tredwell has three first class centuries and 19 fifties. So, we must give credit to our bowling to give such a good performance, our batting performance, specially in first 25 overs has raised some serious questions....

Well this world cup is all about Australia. I repeat, Australia is gonna win the WC and sub continent teams will be lucky to even get into semis.

Well this world cup is all about Australia. I repeat, Australia is gonna win the WC and sub continent teams will be lucky to even get into semis.
let's wait and see, but i'm damn sure; Australia would get defeated by any of subcontinental team in knockout stages.....

let's wait and see, but i'm damn sure; Australia would get defeated by any of subcontinental team in knockout stages.....
Naah. The way Australians are playing on home grounds, and sub continent teams are chocking, I have no doubt Australia is winning the WC.

Naah. The way Australians are playing on home grounds, and sub continent teams are chocking, I have no doubt Australia is winning the WC.
probably you are saying it after seeing their batting performance against India, where they scored 371, but this doesn't tell complete story, we all know that Indian bowling lineup is weakest among top eight teams but yet they are strongest batting team and Pakistan is one of toughest bowling lineup who have restricted England to only 250, and don't forget Srilankans who could be very destructive on their day. so, we shouldn't be so rigid while guessing Champ, any one of top eight sites can win. That's why it is such an intrusting Contest...... :whistle::smitten:

probably you are saying it after seeing their batting performance against India, where they scored 371, but this doesn't tell complete story, we all know that Indian bowling lineup is weakest among top eight teams but yet they are strongest batting team and Pakistan is one of toughest bowling lineup who have restricted England to only 250, and don't forget Srilankans who could be very destructive on their day. so, we shouldn't be so rigid while guessing Champ, any one of top eight sites can win. That's why it is such an intrusting Contest...... :whistle::smitten:
Not just warm up matches buddy but their performance in recent triangular series with India and England( they didn't lose a single match) tells us something. And last but not the least, Australia has home advantage too.

Back
Top Bottom