What's new

Chabahar port plan on fast-track

Further more, IPI is going to be underground and will be monitored electronically by military posts all along it. It is going to be safest pipe line in the region. India should not get jealous. If Indians ever need, gas, once they realize TAPI is dead, all they have to do is ask Pakistan for a connection. We are so magnanimous.

Why would India get jealous over something that does not exist? if India wanted we can join IPI but it does not suit us at this point and i doubt the whole of IPI will be underground.

Why would India get jealous over something that does not exist? if India wanted we can join IPI but it does not suit us at this point and i doubt the whole of IPI will be underground.

It does exist for the record unlike TAPI. 1100 Km of the pipe line has already been laid by Iran and only 700 Km of Pakistani side remains. If India wants to join, as I said we will be kind to India. And yeah, It will be underground. This is how the ground is dug quickly to put the pipe in using explosives. Quick and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does exist for the record unlike TAPI. 1100 Km of the pipe line has already been laid by Iran and only 700 Km of Pakistani side remains. If India wants to join, as I said we will be kind to India. And yeah, It will be underground. This is how the ground is dug quickly to put the pipe in using explosives. Quick and simple.

We dont need your kindness to join IPI :lol: and it does not exist in Pakistan it is being dug up on the Irainian side get back to me when it is built in Pakistan ill look forward to updates from you

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Iranian gas still a long way | Magazines | DAWN.COM

Iranian gas still a long way

As soon as you start to connect it to Pakistan, USA will impose sanctions and btw the pipeline is not going to be underground

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont need your kindness to join IPI :lol: and it does not exist in Pakistan it is being dug up on the Irainian side get back to me when it is built in Pakistan ill look forward to updates from you

Sure you do. Without our kindness, gas will not reach India. Just like the kindness already Pakistan extends to Indian airlines flying over Pakistan to Europe. As for updates, you do not have to wait much, the site survey and aerial survey is being done as of now and the physical work is to start by summer of 2012 and the pipe line completed and functional by the end of 2014. Ready for the cold January of 2015.

gas-pipeline-TAPI-5431.jpg

Iran is quite comfortable with construction schedule as it is already laying pipeline from its gas fields to border towns around Iranshehr. - File photo

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Sure you do. Without our kindness, gas will not reach India. Just like the kindness already Pakistan extends to Indian airlines flying over Pakistan to Europe. As for updates, you do not have to wait much, the site survey and aerial survey is being done as of now and the physical work is to start by summer of 2012 and the pipe line completed and functional by the end of 2014. Ready for the cold January of 2015.

It's not your kindness fool its called a treaty :lol: 'air space treaty' which countries sign and Pakistan has done so where do you get your info from?

okay do one thing as soon as Pakistan starts its side of the pipeline get back to me okay

As soon as you start to connect it to Pakistan, USA will impose sanctions and btw the pipeline is not going to be underground

The pipeline is going to be underground. All major pipe lines are underground and it is called in mining engineering trenching. First learn some technicalities before coming here and commenting. As for sanctions, we had a thread on it recently and almost all Pakistanis were of the view after extensive discussions that sanctions are not going to affect Pakistan at all. It is funny to see Indians to be more worried about sanctions than Pakistanis.

The pipeline is going to be underground. All major pipe lines are underground and it is called in mining engineering trenching. First learn some technicalities before coming here and commenting. As for sanctions, we had a thread on it recently and almost all Pakistanis were of the view after extensive discussions that sanctions are not going to affect Pakistan at all. It is funny to see Indians to be more worried about sanctions that Pakistan.

Okay when it gets built on your side get back to me and post pictures of it being 'underground' on your side until then i have nothing further to say

The pipeline is going to be underground. All major pipe lines are underground and it is called in mining engineering trenching. First learn some technicalities before coming here and commenting. As for sanctions, we had a thread on it recently and almost all Pakistanis were of the view after extensive discussions that sanctions are not going to affect Pakistan at all. It is funny to see Indians to be more worried about sanctions that Pakistan.

Aren't you the one who is worried here ? Woried about Chabahar ??

gas-pipeline-TAPI-5431.jpg

Iran is quite comfortable with construction schedule as it is already laying pipeline from its gas fields to border towns around Iranshehr. - File photo

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

It's not your kindness fool its called a treaty :lol: 'air space treaty' which countries sign and Pakistan has done so where do you get your info from?

okay do one thing as soon as Pakistan starts its side of the pipeline get back to me okay

Fool is you. Air space treaty does not guarantee access to air space at all. Pakistan can at any time it wants restrict its sovereign air space for India. The picture you have put up is from an Iranian gas pumping station for the pipeline. You do not know even what a pipe line is since Indians use rusty LPG cylinders unlike Pakistanis using piped gas into their homes. As I said Pakistan has already started its portion of the pipe line. Though I myself am in favor of extending it to China rather than India since Indians are so ungrateful for kindness extended to them. They better keep using rusty LPG cylinders for the rest of their life.

LPG-Prices-OGRA-increased-Rs.-18-per-KG.jpg

single-lpg-cylinder-connection-per-household_26.jpg

lpgprice295.jpg

pgl.jpg

Fool is you. Air space treaty does not guarantee access to air space at all. Pakistan can at any time it wants restrict its sovereign air space for India. The picture you have put up is from an Iranian gas pumping station for the pipeline. You do not know even what a pipe line is since Indians use rusty LPG cylinders unlike Pakistanis using piped gas into their homes. As I said Pakistan has already started its portion of the pipe line. Though I myself am in favor of extending it to China rather than India since Indians are so ungrateful for kindness extended to them. They better keep using rusty LPG cylinders for the rest of their life.

You mean Pakistanis dont use gas cylinders ? Where does the piped gas come from ?

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

No. It was you who was worried about Gwader. Read above posts.

Did you see the title ? It says "Chabahar port plan on fast-track". Now if you are not worried, why even bother posting here. This thread would have died long time ago !

You mean Pakistanis dont use gas cylinders ? Where does the piped gas comes from ?

They use gas cylinders occasionally but almost all of Pakistan has piped gas this includes all cities and towns. Some far away villages dont and they use LPG. The gas comes from fields in Baluchistan. Pakistan has been using those fields since 1950's. That is why Pakistan has one of the most developed gas distribution network in the world with pipes going every where in the country.

LPG-Prices-OGRA-increased-Rs.-18-per-KG.jpg

single-lpg-cylinder-connection-per-household_26.jpg

lpgprice295.jpg

pgl.jpg

Every country is in control of it's air space but if you think that by providing India access to Pakistan air space is a sign of kindness you are delusional as Pakistani planes also fly over Indian air space this is a non-issue.

Now you claim it is Pakistan's choice whether India join IPI but it is Iran who is the decision maker not Pakistan as the gas is provided from Iran.

Pakistan is in a much worse situation when it comes to power shortage just look at Karachi where 8/9 hours your lights go off posting images does not prove anything.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

India had not participated in the last several rounds of talks, but Iran has repeatedly encouraged India to rejoin the process.

The IPI gas pipeline is a proposed 2,775-kilometer pipeline to deliver natural gas from Iran to Pakistan and India.

The project is expected to greatly benefit India and Pakistan, which do not have sufficient natural gas to meet their rapidly increasing domestic demand.

Pakistan -- facing an energy crisis -- plans to generate 4,600 megawatts of electricity with Iranian natural gas.

While Pakistan has been facing an electricity shortfall of more than 3,000 megawatts leading to frequent and long blackouts in the country, it has been under pressure from Washington to abandon the deal.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom