rcrmj

Reaction score
Country
China
China official leak of OICW weapon system
p.aspx

p.aspx

p.aspx

i dont think it will be mass deployed, empty weight of 5KG is still too heavy for a unit...but it will be probably used by some elite mechanized infantry
p.aspx

i dont think it will be mass deployed, empty weight of 5KG is still too heavy for a unit...but it will be probably used by some elite mechanized infantry

These pictures are taken from a video clip about a small firearms testing center. It also reveals that PLA special forces serving in the Gulf of Eden are testing them.

You guys really do not have idea how much weight affect a soldier's performance, do you?

What are the western counterparts?

The XM29 OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon) was a series of prototypes of a new type of assault rifle that fired 20 mm HE airbursting projectiles. The prototypes were developed as part of the Objective Individual Combat Weapon program in the 1990s. The term SABR (Selectable Assault Battle Rifle) was also used at certain points, but is less common.

Various problems have effectively ended the program as it was originally envisioned, including weight, bulk, and lack of effectiveness of the 20x28 mm airburst round.

Scrapped in 2004 for all the same reasons people are pointing out are wrong with the Chinese copy.

if it is really 5 kilo...it is not for pla.
maybe for export.

You guys really do not have idea how much weight affect a soldier's performance, do you?

no offence but i dont think chinese will be running a marathon on the streets of Iraq or Iran. so 2 pounds wont make much different to them...
and besides it weighs just about same as AK. If they accepted that, then they might accept this one too.

but yes i do agree, it weighs tiny bit more than it should for a modern assault rifle!

It won't be mass produced. It's just part of the digital army research program. Chinese small arms developers are obsessed with making their weapons lighter, so much so that they will sacrifice precision for it. A soldier's speed and endurance are the keys to his survival in the battlefield.

Nice MICH helmet though. I think those are new.

no offence but i dont think chinese will be running a marathon on the streets of Iraq or Iran. so 2 pounds wont make much different to them...
and besides it weighs just about same as AK. If they accepted that, then they might accept this one too.

but yes i do agree, it weighs tiny bit more than it should for a modern assault rifle!
I sincerely do hope the Pakistani Army and the PLA thinks like you do. We want all armies to be inferior to US thru their own shortsightedness.

I sincerely do hope the Pakistani Army and the PLA thinks like you do. We want all armies to be inferior to US thru their own shortsightedness.
A loaded AK-47 weights roughly 5kg, and this thing includes both the carbine, computerized sighting system and 20mm programmable air burst grenades. It's not that bad when you take those into account. The only issue I find is the bulkiness of the system.

Back
Top Bottom