What's new

CCS nod for 4 more stealth destroyers for Rs 30000 crore

Kinetic

BANNED
Reaction score
That makes it ~$ 1.875 billion per ship!!!! :eek: :chilli:

CCS nod for 4 more stealth destroyers
TNN, Dec 12, 2010, 05.45am IST

NEW DELHI: The government has cleared another major programme, 'Project-15B', to indigenously construct four guided-missile stealth destroyers for around Rs 30,000-crore at Mazagon Docks.

In its quest to become a powerful three-dimensional blue-water force and maintain a fleet of around 140 "surface and sub-surface combatants", the Navy already has 30 warships and six submarines on order in various Indian shipyards.

Moreover, it has an aircraft carrier, Admiral Gorshkov or INS Vikramditya, three additional Talwar-class stealth frigates in Russia, as also two fleet tankers in Italy under construction.

Project-15B, which will be undertaken at MDL after the three Kolkata-class 6,700-tonne destroyers already being constructed there under a long-delayed Rs 11,662-crore project are finally delivered in 2012-2014, is understood to have been cleared by the Cabinet Committee on Security on Wednesday evening. It was earlier cleared by the Defence Acquisitions Council, chaired by defence minister A K Antony, in July.

CCS nod for 4 more stealth destroyers - The Times of India

Are you kidding me....you seem so happy....India can make 8 destroyers in this amount of money....Its a scam....
That makes it ~$ 1.875 billion per ship!!!!
Its too much.....Nowadays DOD is issuing some surprising defence projects....DOD just sanctioned 11 billion $ for 6 subs.....are you kidding me...Pak is getting 3 U-214 boat for 1billion dollar with AIP. Another big scam

Are you kidding me....you seem so happy....India can make 8 destroyers in this amount of money....Its a scam....
Its too much.....Nowadays DOD is issuing some surprising defence projects....DOD just sanctioned 11 billion $ for 6 subs.....are you kidding me...Pak is getting 3 U-214 boat for 1billion dollar with AIP. Another big scam

I am not happy! Actually I am the first one who questioned about $11 billion for 6 submarines. But this is still better than subs. The P-15B may carry large number of Nirbhay and ABM.

i think it includes the lifetime operating cost as well.

I am not happy! Actually I am the first one who questioned about $11 billion for 6 submarines. But this is still better than subs. The P-15B may carry large number of Nirbhay and ABM.
Buddy -

These are stealth destroyers. I am sure it will be much more advanced than Kolkota class too. and then you have foreign components, may be they have asked for TOT in some. Mostly these ships will have Barak NG, which is also expensive, and Brahmos too. These are bigger ones than the current ones.

Though the price is still not justifiable but we are close.

its TOI report,
may be they have added one extra zero by mistake

The alloted money includes operating cost of whole life cycle..
Similarly in Submarine contract also we will be getting much more than what is available on different internet sources.

Buddy -

These are stealth destroyers. I am sure it will be much more advanced than Kolkota class too. and then you have foreign components, may be they have asked for TOT in some. Mostly these ships will have Barak NG, which is also expensive, and Brahmos too. These are bigger ones than the current ones.

Though the price is still not justifiable but we are close.

You are rite mate. These P-15B will be larger than P-15A and much more advanced. They will carry Nirbhay, hypersonic Brahmos, naval version of AAD and may be even Shaurya. Shaurya is compact enough to be carried on large ships. All composite body like next P-28 corvettes. There is also required for new infrastructure to build such large stealth ships. Only in that way $ 7.5 billion for 4 ships can be calculated! Current P-15A costing around $ 845 million per ship.

I am expecting it to be around 9000+ ton.

You are rite mate. These P-15B will be larger than P-15A and much more advanced. They will carry Nirbhay, hypersonic Brahmos, naval version of AAD and may be even Shaurya. Shaurya is compact enough to be carried on large ships. All composite body like next P-28 corvettes. There is also required for new infrastructure to build such large stealth ships. Only in that way $ 7.5 billion for 4 ships can be calculated! Current P-15A costing around $ 845 million per ship.

Yes, it looks like that. These ships will be very lethal in terms of fire power. any news on the radars?. Will Barak NG need a new radar, are we increasing its range?......how will it look like from the track and detection POV.

Yes, it looks like that. These ships will be very lethal in terms of fire power. any news on the radars?. Will Barak NG need a new radar, are we increasing its range?......how will it look like from the track and detection POV.

Barak-NG has its own radar. MF-STAR.... I think Navy opted for naval version of LRTR for P-15B.

MF-STAR onboard P-15A...

project15akolkataclass0.jpg

Barak-NG has its own radar. MF-STAR.... I think Navy opted for naval version of LRTR for P-15B.

MF-STAR onboard P-15A...

project15akolkataclass0.jpg

I was under the impression that the LRTR was an upgrade of the Greenpine. Isnt it the same as the SwordFish Radar? if so, I believe its a land based system.

Do you have any more info on this system? If its better than the MF-Star it should definitely be included in the 15B

I Love Indian Navy than IN Air force or IN Army..
Navy is the most advanced than other two divisions..

I Love Indian Navy than IN Air force or IN Army..
Navy is the most advanced than other two divisions..

thats because Indian Navy is ready to buy Indigenous Goods.... But hey India has a Very long history of Building warships so no wonder they are in a better position

You are pretty much correct on all fronts
However i dont think that the destroyers will weigh around 9000 tons coz then they would be called cruisers not destroyers

Many guys are bitching about the price per ship but they forget that these ships will be more advanced , carry greater fire power and be more stealthy apart from being delivered in 2018 , so we also have to take into account the inflation in price as compared to P 15A Kolkata class which will be delivered in 2012

Back
Top Bottom