What's new

Çay Bahçesi

Rüyamda Hulusi Akar'ı gördüm, okul arka bahçesinde sigara içerken yakaladı. Okul'da ne işim vardı? Hiç bilmiyorum... Lise anılarım mı felan anlamadım :D
upload_2020-7-5_21-25-38.jpeg

@T-123456 @BordoEnes

I was in Amsterdam last weekend.

Tell me, why do so many Dutch people still hate Germans? I look European and I can speak German so people thought that I'm from Germany.

Yeah, I mean, I preferred to communicate in German instead of English during my stay because I know that all of you guys understand German.

I pretty much got discriminated for 'being German'. Lol next time I'm going to be in full Nazi modus. Lel

@T-123456 @BordoEnes

Tell me, why do so many Dutch people still hate Germans? I look European and I can speak German so people thought that I'm from Germany.

Yeah, I mean, I preferred to communicate in German instead of English during my stay because I know that all of you guys understand German.

I pretty much got discriminated for 'being German'. Lol next time I'm going to be in full Nazi modus. Lel
The reason is, that the Germans aren't as loved as they pretend to be around the world - most people dislike Germans and their history of bloodlines... You should visit Elsass and France or the UK in general...
Dismiss those young *** hipster folks in the rest of Europe, but in fact - the ordinary people don't like the Germans... but they HAVE to like them... Why? Because Germany the pillar of Europe's economic power and became the home of Europes Zionism after WW2... so the "social media" generation, the young people getting brainwashed into loving Germany - and the media is trying to build up some unity with Christianity and Bogeymen "ME"... but in fact - a lot of people don't like the Germans ... but they really thing everyone loves them :)

@T-123456 @BordoEnes

I am sorry you had that experience. Dutch people actually tend to be very kind and welcome people with open arms. I think the whole Covid-19 has simply put people on edge and disthrustfull of outsiders. We tend to make jokes about Germans alot but never outright hatred. I work and study in Amsterdam and i can tell you that mood and attitude has certainly changed dramatically due to the pandemic.

Also we actually cant understand German that well honestly lol. Like we can sometimes get the jist of whats being said but never fully understand it. Its more of a myth. We however speak English fluently... like every single Dutch person can speak English fluently. I think once this whole Virus thing blows over you will have the time of your life. Dont forget to visit our Coffee shops hehehe.

I am sorry you had that experience. Dutch people actually tend to be very kind and welcome people with open arms. I think the whole Covid-19 has simply put people on edge and disthrustfull of outsiders. We tend to make jokes about Germans alot but never outright hatred. I work and study in Amsterdam and i can tell you that mood and attitude has certainly changed dramatically due to the pandemic.

Also we actually cant understand German that well honestly lol. Like we can sometimes get the jist of whats being said but never fully understand it. Its more of a myth. We however speak English fluently... like every single Dutch person can speak English fluently. I think once this whole Virus thing blows over you will have the time of your life. Dont forget to visit our Coffee shops hehehe.
I had to explain several times that I'm Turkish. Lol

I visited The Bulldog with my cousin. :- )

I couldn't find a single grocery store in the centrum. Why? And why is water so expensive?

I couldn't find a single grocery store in the centrum. Why? And why is water so expensive?
It's Amsterdam. The country is literally -1m below sea level. They pay a lot in taxes, just like here in Denmark. So to keep things running, high taxes. I still think Denmark has higher taxes. We pay like 150% in tax for buying a car, bigger and more expensive cars are... more expensive.

If you visited downtown Amsterdam the art gallary, red light district and around the central station you could be so lucky and stumble on Simit Sarayi :)

Also flemmish is what the dutchs language is called as far as I recall :)

You should have let us know beforehand.
There is WWII and 1974(football),its not hate,more of a dislike but the sentiment has changed alot in favor of German(y)s.
Big mistake,we all know English and only people in the border towns(or near,30km) speak German.
You expect Dutch people in Amsterdam to speak German,hast ne makke oder wie?:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:
You deserved it,try Turkish next time.:azn::azn::azn:

That saved you from worse.
So you like dogs:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:
There are supermarkets,and water depends on where you buy it,you could have asked for tap water,its free(it tastes the same in the Netherlands,if not better).

Also flemmish is what the dutchs language is called as far as I recall :)
flemmish is a bit different,its like Oxford English(Dutch) to Australian/South African English(Flemmish).
We have a lot of jokes about the Flemmish language in the Netherlands.

Last edited:
@T-123456

Do you live in Amsterdam, too?

@Saithan

Actually, I went to Simit Sarayı and ate Kumpir. A very Dutch meal. :p:

@BordoEnes

Is there any secret spot or something that I should definitely experience while being in Amsterdam?

Back
Top Bottom