What's new

Car bomb almost goes off in NYC

Neither do I normally believe in conspiracies, nor under any exceptional circumstances. Raising fingers is pointless at this time and conspiracy theories are the hallmark of interweb losers who have nothing better to do.

Before this guy and Headley, there weren't any Pakistanis in the US caught in major terrorist plots as far as I remember (Aimal Kansi was a Pakistani citizen when he committed his acts). Previous attacks on the US have been the products of Arab and Yemenis mostly. There might have been a Pakistani before, but I don't remember.

Well, there is the usual conspiracies but have we ever been judgmental about the militants that we arrest daily in the tribal areas or around everywhere else? When they say that he was accepted charges, I believe that he has accepted charges. Transparency is the key to a fair trial. The US, like all other developed countries, releases names of alleged, accused and arrested militants, and details of events as soon as they catch them. I do not need reminders of counter claims of Guantanamo victims denied trial rights before the Combatant Status Review Tribunals were started (which are inhumane nonetheless), for they are inapplicable in this case and transparency in general is glaring and sweeping compared to us.

Our policies of deliberate ambiguity, exaggerated secrecy and lack of transparency are aimed at exercising authority by controlling information from the public. Neither does the state carry out public trials of alleged and accused militants nor does it release much details about prosecutions.

For example, on September 10, 2009 the spokesman for the Swat Taliban, Muslim Khan, was nabbed by security forces along with a number of other Taliban commanders. Today it has been 237 days since his arrest, longer than seven months since he was captured and he has not been produced before any court of law. On January 31, 2010 a special Anti Terrorism Court in Malakand Division declared Muslim Khan among others to be a Proclaimed Offender (PO) and issued arrest warrants for all accused. It has been 95 days since that happened. None of the main accused has ever been produced before a court of law. Where is justice, where is the rule of law? All of these accused are being kept in the custody of security forces and intelligence agencies. Interrogating and torturing them will further bear no fruit. It’s time the legal system makes an example out of them. Our culture where might is indeed the right has proliferated too wide and for too long. If we cannot even conduct a fair trial of these terrorists, how can we claim to provide justice to ordinary people? By dealing with everything outside the law, we have nourished a culture of lawlessness.

States worldwide make examples out of terrorists. Timothy McVeigh’s trial was a media spectacle and so was Richard Reid’s. India makes headlines every fortnight or so when Ajmal Kasab or his lawyer appears before courts. In our case, these terrorists lay in some interrogation rooms in extrajudicial remands. Under the Anti-Terrorism Amendment Ordinance (2009), even extra judicial confessions have become admissible in ATCs. What more do our law enforcement agencies want?

Muslim Khan, and all known terrorists must be produced before courts of law as soon as possible and their trials be covered widely so as to let the people know about the height of brutality and inhumanity that these terrorists preached. Any sympathizers will definitely be horrified when they know the reality of the crimes committed by these terrorists. Judicial expediency does not demand denying anybody the right to a fair trial. It is time the our society learns the virtues of the respect of law and starts dealing with everything under legalized procedures. Do you get my point?

This situation is certainly bad press for us. Already the British are sick of British-Pakistanis creating havoc on their soil (besides them wrongly catching a few), now the Americans will jump furiously on the backs of Pakistanis more than they are already.

Also, there is no evidence yet to support that his wife was "loving" or he was a happily married guy. While his wife could have left to live in Karachi for a number of reasons, we can speculate that the marriage might have been in trouble. Having a facebook page is no indicator of not being a terrorist (I'm pretty sure pictures are from an Orkut page not Facebook). Serial killers have been found in more than one case to be socially active and friendly. Reculsivity is not necessary to become a terrorist or a mass murderer. I remember reading about a Russian or East European serial killer who used to go to a bar after he committed his murders and would celebrate all night.

Last edited:
Yes, I should apologise to Indians, unfortunately a lot more of them get beaten up here in UK too because people think they're pakistani's and they give them a good roughing up.
:rolleyes::disagree:

Here is the suspect who drove a car bomb into New York's Times Square. He doesn't look Indian to me. Looks Pakistani. Kasab looks Indian (he probably is) but not this guy. This guy can even go by as Turkish or Greek or Italian.

Faisal-Shahzad-use-this-o-006.jpg

Faisal Shahzad, the Pakistani-American suspected of driving a car bomb into New York's Times Square. Photograph: Reuters

Faisal Shahzad: profile of the alleged Times Square bomber | World news | The Guardian

He had a perfect life.Why would he risk all this man..These fundos are crazy.

Clinton , "If we can prove that a biological attack originated in a country that attacked us, then all bets are off."

This is the statement hidden under it is deep broad ambitions not only chemical/biological but a mid or large scale bomb attacks from wtc like to a small building attack..first arabs/afghans now Pakistan...I'm beginning to think pentagon and this administration has some nasty plans in coming months..now a days buying someone is easy pay him produce him in court and let him read your statements there you go..

he is going to be crying in jail for the rest of his life :yahoo:

his cell mate will be bubba :rofl:

and everytime he drops the soap while taking a shower....Oh boy!! :lol::rofl:

He had a perfect life.Why would he risk all this man..These fundos are crazy.

Ask that to the Christmas day bomber dude lived in multi-million dollar pad and had a degree in mechanical engineering. Yet he gives all that up to try to murder civilians. These guys lose their minds.

Guys stop with the CIA/RAW/Mossad bullcrap.Enemy is within us. We just cannot go on blaming others when in trouble. We are more Arabs than Arabs, We are more Palestinians than Palestinians. We think, we are the Khudai Soldiers. We specialize more in using our emotions than using our brains before making decisions. We specialize keeping majority of our brains empty and not filling them with knowledge. We keep our populace uneducated. We like to accept chors and Ghundas in the name of democracy.

Just like to share some of my thought on this issue, since i am a school boy in US, let me start in my territory, do not underestimate the impact even in a small community like college, there are quite a few of students in my college that looks like from south Asia or middle east, today at our canteen, its a hot topic there, strange looks and suspicious stares were shooting from everywhere at those students, i really feel sorry for them for paying a price for
a crime they never commited, just because they look simillar to the race of the suspect, may be most of the people in US simply can't tell the different atall.

Some hate messages against them were all over our "Freedom to express channel"

Think about it, if a small community like college could feel the impact, so whats will it be like in the US society.
Lastly to Pakistanis, I can feel your pain, To Indians, please don't kick a man when he is down, not from a moral stand point, but the fact may be your own people might be paying for this unfortunalely issue.

Best wishes to all of us in the comming future. :cheers:

We just cannot go on blaming others when in trouble. We are more Arabs than Arabs, We are more Palestinians than Palestinians. We think, we are the Khudai Soldiers. We specialize more in using our emotions than using our brains before making decisions. .

sad but true. bringin' an arab issue and war into our own backyard and taking all the heat. And where are the jordanians the saudis the egyptians who initiated this thing? they sidestepped a long time ago.

Just like to share some of my thought on this issue, since i am a school boy in US, let me start in my territory, do not underestimate the impact even in a small community like college, there are quite a few of students in my college that looks like from south Asia or middle east, today at our canteen, its a hot topic there, strange looks and suspicious stares were shooting from everywhere at those students, i really feel sorry for them for paying a price for
a crime they never commited, just because they look simillar to the race of the suspect, may be most of the people in US simply can't tell the different atall.

Some hate messages against them were all over our "Freedom to express channel"

Think about it, if a small community like college could feel the impact, so whats will it be like in the US society.
Lastly to Pakistanis, I can feel your pain, To Indians, please don't kick a man when he is down, not from a moral stand point, but the fact may be your own people might be paying for this unfortunalely issue.

Best wishes to all of us in the comming future. :cheers:

Well I dont think Americans are very good in telling who is South Asian and who is Middle Eastern.

Just look at this guy. He looks like an average American citizen. He can even go by as a Greek-American. So its not about being brown. You can't tell who is a terrorist just by looking at them.

Faisal-Shahzad-use-this-o-006.jpg

This is all propaganda against Pakistan. The guy was NOT an extremist. His wife did not even wear Hijab. He just has a thin beard that 90% of Pakistani men have. I would not be surprised if that Pakistani-American was working for some agency just to harm Pakistan's image.

This is all propaganda against Pakistan. The guy was NOT an extremist. His wife did not even wear Hijab. He just has a thin beard that 90% of Pakistani men have. I would not be surprised if that Pakistani-American was working for some agency just to harm Pakistan's image.

You're right....NOT an extremist....Just a bloody low-life TERRORIST....
who happened to plant a bomb in the busiest part of NYC with an obvious intent to murder innocent people.....

This has nothing to do with Pakistan so dont make it out to be another one of your fantasy "zionist/hindu" propoganda to marr Pakistan's image.....you're overestimating the importance of his nationality.....

Terrorists have no religion/nationality.......all deserve to be at the receiving end of a firing squad!

Your evidence is indeed incriminating. I bet you are an accomplished investigator.

Remember the guy who shot at BB? This guy :-

He doesn't have a beard much like this guy:-

Umar_Mutallab_crop_and_contrast.png

Or these 7/7 bombers with small beards:-

Mohammad_Sidique_Khan.jpg

Or the notorious Ramzi Yousef:-

105_main_large.jpg

Or this famous guy:-

Our very own clean shaved Aimal Kasi:-

Neither a beard, nor a wife with Hijab is compulsory for being a terrorist or an extremist.

What else do you think is the concept behind blending in, the Egyptian Takfir wal-Hijra and many other beliefs?

Conspiracies, propaganda, evil plots and nefarious schemes. I'm sick of this when people come up with such statements without any evidence, argument, valid claim or rationality. While there is a probability (albeit small) that this is some whole big "conspiracy" against Pakistan, even when the accused is a US national, residing in the US, and therefore a total responsibility of the US; I find such an argument to be entirely fallacious for all the US wants is to get out of Afghanistan as quick as possible and leave behind minimum damage (compared to what they left behind after the Soviets left). They're no angels bent at showering us with gifts, but they're clearly not aiming to guide a "conspiracy" against us.

Being indoctrinated with ideologies that every "bairooni taaqat" (foreign power) is aimed at destroying "Islam and Pakistan" doesn't mean that you have to dip your face in a bowl of ****.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom