What's new

Captain Roohullah of Army sacrificed his life for Pakistan during the operation

I am sorry if i sound insensitive but i don't get it. The interviewee said that Captain Ruhullah stood in the doorway and when the police guys showed themselves he asked them to move out with their hands up after which only the bomber kept hiding under the Charpai who he charged and threw himself on.

Question is why did Captain Ruhullah even charge him? Why did he kick the Charpai? Shouldnt he have stayed hidden behind the door post and asked him to show himself or better yet shot him under the Charpai?
It should have been obvious that the guy left hiding under the bed was a miscreant. Since he was able to see him hiding and it would have been easy to identify him as a terrorists as he must have been dressed differently to the cadets(some kind of military fatigues, ammo vest, running shoes)?

I read that in a newspaper....
Media people think we have a single team of Special Ops that is flown around through out the country. I think media will be very well served if they make a PDF Brigadier rank mandatory for all aspiring to join their outlet for defense related reporting

Media people think we have a single team of Special Ops that is flown around through out the country. I think media will be very well served if they make a PDF Brigadier rank mandatory for all aspiring to join their outlet for defense related reporting
honestly speaking i thought the same that how can a person be present at all critical scenarios..... well appreciate tour comment and thanks for correcting

I am sorry if i sound insensitive but i don't get it. The interviewee said that Captain Ruhullah stood in the doorway and when the police guys showed themselves he asked them to move out with their hands up after which only the bomber kept hiding under the Charpai who he charged and threw himself on.

Question is why did Captain Ruhullah even charge him? Why did he kick the Charpai? Shouldnt he have stayed hidden behind the door post and asked him to show himself or better yet shot him under the Charpai?
It should have been obvious that the guy left hiding under the bed was a miscreant. Since he was able to see him hiding and it would have been easy to identify him as a terrorists as he must have been dressed differently to the cadets(some kind of military fatigues, ammo vest, running shoes)?
the narrative is not clear
as per Waseem badami's words he qoutes from an injured guy (soldier or recruit)..
the caption identified himself from outside the locked doors... and helped the recruits out until he and his party reached a locked door behind which the bomber was hiding.. he identified himself (and maybe stood out in the open.. giving enough time and preparation to the bomber to spray bullets at him and his team and double it up with exploding himself... due to lack of information and conflicting accounts.,. it shows some lack of following room clearing routine and SOPs..

one normally takes cover from hallways and doors because a hostile can shoot through the locked doors too. whatever happened.. it is clear that the lone bomber outclassed the entire response team and took many people with him.

whether or not it was because of place (lack of cover), timing (heat of moment and need to act fast), or unfortunate sense of macho-ism on part of Caption .. I cant say much (maybe he did everything by the book),.. but the results are .. bomber achieved what he needed and must have received Applause and praise from his handlers (from Afghanistan) who would have shouted "jackpot".

this is actually disservice to a person. a hero's single act of valour is good enough.. we must avoid making him something what he is not.

Lot of inconsistencies are observed in accounts afterwards as the first hand observers are all panic stricken and hence their accounts prone to trivial anomalies. However, the fact that he has been awarded Tamgha e Jurrat posthumously by the Army higher command speaks of the genuine and extraordinary courage he had shown in the face of extreme danger. For me this pretty much sums up the case, as the award criteria bases itself on the words of his comrades who were in the best position to observe, recommend, evaluate and subsequently award the act of courage

this is actually disservice to a person. a hero's single act of valour is good enough.. we must avoid making him something what he is not.
He was part of the Christian colony and BKU Operation. He has served very recently in Waziristan and was part of road clearance and many other area clearance ops. He escaped certain death on no less than 2 occasions. To his comrades he was known as a very brave and lion hearted person

I understand where your comment is coming from, since generally people make up stories to portray the martyr's life larger than life but my comments are not based on that

This is what actually happened and it is from the horse's mouth.

Ladies and gentlemen; incidents of terrorism injure the nation's soul. The vultures and hyenas gather in shape of net gurus to feed on that injured being. Army being the protector of this soul gets targeted first. Quetta police college incident is the same. Vultures are spewing venom against the Army. Facts are twisted, manipulated and even created to serve egos or interests.
That said, let me arm you with facts on Quetta incident, so as too shoo off vultures with facts.....

-Three terrorists (Ts) entered police college, located at Saryab road 20 kms from quetta cantt between 2240 to 2250 hrs 24th Oct

-Ts entered a barrack (a standard double storey, 3 sided building with one entrance only) and started indiscriminate killing. One of them (T1) exploded himself in a crowded barrack room immediately on entry. Another (T2) after killing a number of recruits positioned himself on entry. The third (T3) went around locating and killing poor unarmed recruits. This happened in the first 15 mins of the event.

The officers at college informed police authorities around 2300 hrs and Anti terrorist squad reached the site 10 mins later. They advanced to barrack site but were pushed back by T2's fire.

FC's Special ops wing reached around 2315 hrs and engaged T2 by fire. The arrival of this force had an impact that T3 instead of a free killing spree, hid himself in a room of barrack.

Army was informed around 2310 and the Light Commando Battalion (LCB) team under their brave CO and Brigade Commander reached the location by 2330 hrs (including a 20 mins drive from cantt to the location).

The Commander, CO and LCB officers took just 10 minutes to assimilate the situation (extremely bleak at that time), organise 4 teams and move for entrance. They were fired at by T2 but in a classic sniper shot he was neutralised and the teams entered the double storey barrack pain stakingly clearing room after room. Around 400 recruits who were hiding themselves were rescued from the barrack. Now came the moment when A team led by Bravest of brave Capt Rohullah approached the room where T3 was hiding himself by the door. The team entered and Capt Rohullah sensed the presence of T3, kicked the bunk under which he was hiding. This was done with protective shields up in a most professional manner. T3 blew himself up. 6 members of LCB team got injured but owing to the swiftness of op, 5 out of 9 hostage recruits survived with varying injuries. The other army unit on cordon and FC concurrently evacuated the injured saving many lives.

Capt Rohullah and Sep Sajid later embraced shahadat later.

Remember,
1.Protecting police college was not an army responsibility
2. Army response comes in 3rd tier in such situations as per the existing regulations

3. once army reached 99% damage was already done.

4. Army secured the situation with only 4 casualties while neutralising two suicide bombers (T2 couldn't even explode himself)

Army has asked for no credit but please stop spreading lies to malign the force that has sworn to die for you.

Corrupt and incompetent rulers (both military and Civilians) feast upon such deaths. The bravery is a hallmark of a soldier and feasting upon such deaths is hall mark of morally bankrupt rulers.

and what about this one Sir??
a young police officer
14600870_1108963055819429_2340629612785360457_n.jpg

It's most unfortunate, what else would you like me to say? Or are you suggesting that the provision of ambulances is now also the responsibility of the Army? BTW, the Army did arrange for C-130 transport for the shuhada from localities close to operational airstrips.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom