What's new

Canadian man sentenced to death in first instance

hiseen

Reaction score
Country
China
Dalian Intermediate People's Court: Canadian men smuggled ice toxic over 222 kilograms and was sentenced to death in the first instance
Dalian Intermediate People's Court 2019-01-14 20:35
share it
7808 reviews
[Abstract] The Dalian Intermediate People's Court found that the defendant, Schellenberg, participated in organized international drug trafficking activities and smuggled 222.035 kilograms of ice toxic with others, and his behavior constituted a crime of drug smuggling. The facts alleged by the public prosecution agency are clear, the evidence is true and sufficient, and the charges are alleged. Scherrenberg is the principal offender and is a crime.

On January 14, 2019, the Dalian Intermediate People's Court of Liaoning Province publicly heard the trial of the smuggling of drugs by the Canadian defendant Robert LLOYD SCHELLENBERG (Sherman Berg) and sentenced it in court. The smuggling of drugs was sentenced to the death of the defendant, Schellenberg, and the confiscation of all personal property.

On November 20, 2018, the Dalian Intermediate People's Court sentenced Schellenberg to 15 years in prison for smuggling drugs and confiscated personal property of RMB 150,000 for deportation. Schellenberg refused to accept and appealed. On December 29, the Liaoning Provincial Higher People's Court held a public hearing in accordance with the law. The Liaoning Provincial People's Procuratorate appeared in court to consider that the first-instance judgment found the defendant to be an accomplice and attempted the crime and the punishment was obviously improper. After the trial, the Liaoning Higher People's Court ruled that the case would be decided. Returned to the court of first instance for retrial. The Dalian Municipal People's Procuratorate has supplemented the prosecution of new criminal facts. The Dalian Intermediate People's Court separately formed a collegiate bench in accordance with the law, and the case was open for trial.

detail:
The Dalian Intermediate People's Court found through trial that: Kaim, Stephen and Mr. Zhou (both at large) and others implemented organized international drug trafficking activities, and controlled two accounts of Ping An Bank and China Merchants Bank in China. Crime provides financial support. In mid-October 2014, Kaim hired a translator Xu for his work, instructing Xu to rent a warehouse in Dalian, order tires, and receive “Mr. Zhou” and Jian Xiangrong (since for drug trafficking crimes and illegal possession of drugs) Imprisonment) 20 tons of plastic pellets containing 222 packets of iced water from Guangdong Province to Dalian City were placed in the warehouse, and Xu was also informed that an expatriate would be appointed to handle the shipment. On November 19th, Kem appointed Schellenberg to Dalian to meet with Xu, intending to hide drugs in the tire liner and smuggle into Australia. Since then, Schellenberg has asked Xu to purchase tools for repackaging drugs and tire liners, ordering tires, inner tubes and used containers. After reviewing the cargo and assessing the workload, Schellenberg changed the schedule from November to December. On the afternoon of the 27th, Schellenberger called Mai Qingxiang (who was sentenced to death for the crime of transporting drugs and was suspended for two years) and asked him to help find another warehouse to store drugs. Mai Qingxiang then called the Dalian warehouse operator to contact the warehouse. On the 29th, Xu reported the case to the public security organ. After Schellenberg noticed, he left the hotel in the early morning of December 1 to Dalian Airport to prepare to flee to Thailand. On the way, Schellenberger dropped the phone SIM card and replaced the new SIM card. At 13:00 on the same day, when the plane stopped in Guangzhou, Schellenberg was arrested by the public security organs. After identification, the 222 packets of methicillin seized by the public security organs had a net weight of 222.035 kg.

It was also found that from mid-November to early December 2014, Mr. Zhou pointed out that Jian Xiangrong had twice hired a car to transport goods mixed with drugs from Guangzhou to Hangzhou. Jian Xiangrong, Steven and Mai Qingxiang were responsible for receiving the shipment. On December 5, the public security organ arrested Mai Qingxiang and seized 501 kilograms of ice. During the above-mentioned crimes, Kem, Steven and the two accounts controlled by Mr. Zhou and others repeatedly transferred funds to the accounts of Jian Xiangrong and Mai Qingxiang for related expenses.

The public prosecution agency presented evidence of physical evidence, documentary evidence, on-site investigation transcripts, drug identification opinions, confession of another defendant, witness testimony and other evidence in court. The witness Xu was present in court to testify.

The Dalian Intermediate People's Court found that the defendant, Schellenberger, participated in organized international drug trafficking activities and smuggled 222.035 kilograms of ice toxic with others, and his behavior constituted a crime of smuggling drugs. The facts alleged by the public prosecution agency are clear, the evidence is true and sufficient, and the charges are alleged. Scherrenberg is the principal offender and is a crime. According to the facts, nature, circumstances and serious harm to the society of the defendant, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Criminal Law of the People's Republic of China, the defendant Schellenberg was sentenced to death for smuggling drugs and the property was confiscated.

When the presiding judge announced the judgment, the court informed the defendant that if he refused to accept the judgment, he had the right to appeal to the Liaoning Provincial Higher People's Court within 10 days from the second day of receiving the judgment.

During the trial of the case, the people's court guaranteed the rights of the defendant in the process of litigation, such as defense and translation. Before the trial, the people's court notified the Canadian Embassy in China in accordance with relevant regulations, and the officials of the museum went to the court. More than 50 people from all walks of life and some Chinese and foreign media reporters attended the trial and sentencing.

https://news.qq.com/a/20190114/011240.htm

Being more Loyal to China than Malaysia...does that make you Malaysian?
Huh, which part in my sentence shows me being loyal to china?

Please point out why u feel the need to accuse me a false flagger or so u mean i should not support china for doing in accordance to their local law?

Dont believe me? Try smuggling drugs in my country.

I like how he got only 15 years at first but appealed the sentence for being too severe. Then the court decided the sentence was too lenient and ordered him resentenced to death.

Last time, the Canadian press were invited to the courthouse and they thought he would be freed by China to show goodwill to Canada. Instead, the Canadian press were shocked to discover the sentence would be more severe!

Now it's time to bring in the other two Canadians for their death sentencing!:omghaha:

Huh, which part in my sentence shows me being loyal to china?

Please point out why u feel the need to accuse me.

Dont believe me? Try smuggling drugs in my country.

Not about this comment...your behavior in General...
I see you everywhere defending CN whatever in wrong or not... While not being at the same lvl when it comes to past Malaysian affairs...

So, i was just wondering...

As for the Drug dealer... I don't care... Death penalty is also what most wish...
But with this issue it's not about Death penalty or not... You know why... or at least I hope you do...

It's all a circus/Political game with Canada and the Huawei affair... so...in the End..; a shame of a behavior...
4 years of judgment administrative work and he got 15 years... and today in few hours...he got life...
What a "Lucky day"...

Not about this comment...your behavior in General...
I see you everywhere defending CN whatever in wrong or not... While not being at the same lvl when it comes to past Malaysian affairs...

So, i was just wondering...

As for the Drug dealer... I don't care... Death penalty is also what most wish...
But with this issue it's not about Death penalty or not... You know why... or at least I hope you do...

It's all a circus/Political game with Canada and the Huawei affair... so...in the End..; a shame of a behavior...

Please show prove of how my past behaviour is like, provide links of those malaysian threads u spoke of. am not a long time member here afterall.

am i missing something? I cant support the side i think is right? U have your side i have mine. Yo where is my free speech mon.

HoweverH i agree, US canada gang up on china is a circus show all made up for whatever it is and that NOT right.

With your attitude u r not skewing any opinions in your favor, not that i care anyway.

Dalian Intermediate People's Court: Canadian men smuggled ice toxic over 222 kilograms and was sentenced to death in the first instance
Dalian Intermediate People's Court 2019-01-14 20:35
share it
7808 reviews
[Abstract] The Dalian Intermediate People's Court found that the defendant, Schellenberg, participated in organized international drug trafficking activities and smuggled 222.035 kilograms of ice toxic with others, and his behavior constituted a crime of drug smuggling. The facts alleged by the public prosecution agency are clear, the evidence is true and sufficient, and the charges are alleged. Scherrenberg is the principal offender and is a crime.

On January 14, 2019, the Dalian Intermediate People's Court of Liaoning Province publicly heard the trial of the smuggling of drugs by the Canadian defendant Robert LLOYD SCHELLENBERG (Sherman Berg) and sentenced it in court. The smuggling of drugs was sentenced to the death of the defendant, Schellenberg, and the confiscation of all personal property.

On November 20, 2018, the Dalian Intermediate People's Court sentenced Schellenberg to 15 years in prison for smuggling drugs and confiscated personal property of RMB 150,000 for deportation. Schellenberg refused to accept and appealed. On December 29, the Liaoning Provincial Higher People's Court held a public hearing in accordance with the law. The Liaoning Provincial People's Procuratorate appeared in court to consider that the first-instance judgment found the defendant to be an accomplice and attempted the crime and the punishment was obviously improper. After the trial, the Liaoning Higher People's Court ruled that the case would be decided. Returned to the court of first instance for retrial. The Dalian Municipal People's Procuratorate has supplemented the prosecution of new criminal facts. The Dalian Intermediate People's Court separately formed a collegiate bench in accordance with the law, and the case was open for trial.

detail:
The Dalian Intermediate People's Court found through trial that: Kaim, Stephen and Mr. Zhou (both at large) and others implemented organized international drug trafficking activities, and controlled two accounts of Ping An Bank and China Merchants Bank in China. Crime provides financial support. In mid-October 2014, Kaim hired a translator Xu for his work, instructing Xu to rent a warehouse in Dalian, order tires, and receive “Mr. Zhou” and Jian Xiangrong (since for drug trafficking crimes and illegal possession of drugs) Imprisonment) 20 tons of plastic pellets containing 222 packets of iced water from Guangdong Province to Dalian City were placed in the warehouse, and Xu was also informed that an expatriate would be appointed to handle the shipment. On November 19th, Kem appointed Schellenberg to Dalian to meet with Xu, intending to hide drugs in the tire liner and smuggle into Australia. Since then, Schellenberg has asked Xu to purchase tools for repackaging drugs and tire liners, ordering tires, inner tubes and used containers. After reviewing the cargo and assessing the workload, Schellenberg changed the schedule from November to December. On the afternoon of the 27th, Schellenberger called Mai Qingxiang (who was sentenced to death for the crime of transporting drugs and was suspended for two years) and asked him to help find another warehouse to store drugs. Mai Qingxiang then called the Dalian warehouse operator to contact the warehouse. On the 29th, Xu reported the case to the public security organ. After Schellenberg noticed, he left the hotel in the early morning of December 1 to Dalian Airport to prepare to flee to Thailand. On the way, Schellenberger dropped the phone SIM card and replaced the new SIM card. At 13:00 on the same day, when the plane stopped in Guangzhou, Schellenberg was arrested by the public security organs. After identification, the 222 packets of methicillin seized by the public security organs had a net weight of 222.035 kg.

It was also found that from mid-November to early December 2014, Mr. Zhou pointed out that Jian Xiangrong had twice hired a car to transport goods mixed with drugs from Guangzhou to Hangzhou. Jian Xiangrong, Steven and Mai Qingxiang were responsible for receiving the shipment. On December 5, the public security organ arrested Mai Qingxiang and seized 501 kilograms of ice. During the above-mentioned crimes, Kem, Steven and the two accounts controlled by Mr. Zhou and others repeatedly transferred funds to the accounts of Jian Xiangrong and Mai Qingxiang for related expenses.

The public prosecution agency presented evidence of physical evidence, documentary evidence, on-site investigation transcripts, drug identification opinions, confession of another defendant, witness testimony and other evidence in court. The witness Xu was present in court to testify.

The Dalian Intermediate People's Court found that the defendant, Schellenberger, participated in organized international drug trafficking activities and smuggled 222.035 kilograms of ice toxic with others, and his behavior constituted a crime of smuggling drugs. The facts alleged by the public prosecution agency are clear, the evidence is true and sufficient, and the charges are alleged. Scherrenberg is the principal offender and is a crime. According to the facts, nature, circumstances and serious harm to the society of the defendant, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Criminal Law of the People's Republic of China, the defendant Schellenberg was sentenced to death for smuggling drugs and the property was confiscated.

When the presiding judge announced the judgment, the court informed the defendant that if he refused to accept the judgment, he had the right to appeal to the Liaoning Provincial Higher People's Court within 10 days from the second day of receiving the judgment.

During the trial of the case, the people's court guaranteed the rights of the defendant in the process of litigation, such as defense and translation. Before the trial, the people's court notified the Canadian Embassy in China in accordance with relevant regulations, and the officials of the museum went to the court. More than 50 people from all walks of life and some Chinese and foreign media reporters attended the trial and sentencing.

https://news.qq.com/a/20190114/011240.htm
Every drug smuggler should be given such a punishment! They ruin lives and they dont deserve to be kept in jails on tax payers money! When you SMUGGLE...it means you know it is against the law and if caught you will face the consequences...So face it!

If he smuggle drugs in my country he faces the same death sentence.

In Singapore, Taiwan region, Japan, practically all East Asian countries.

It is a death warrant.

This guy was trying to smuggle drugs into Australia. Who knows how much he smuggled before.

Please show prove of how my past behaviour is like, provide links of those malaysian threads u spoke of. am not a long time member here afterall.

am i missing something? I cant support the side i think is right? U have your side i have mine. Yo where is my free speech mon.

HoweverH i agree, US canada gang up on china is a circus show all made up for whatever it is and that NOT right.

With your attitude u r not skewing any opinions in your favor, not that i care anyway.

Ignore that person. That's an AQ sympathizer.

Every drug smuggler should be given such a punishment! They ruin lives and they dont deserve to be kept in jails on tax payers money! When you SMUGGLE...it means you know it is against the law and if caught you will face the consequences...So face it!

The point is they didnt give this punishment originally (if they did, then its no issue...their country their rules like others are saying here). They changed it now because of the political souring over the Huawei thing. If that didn't happen, then China would never have revisited this penalty. Quite a shameless behaviour by China in the end like @HannibalBarca said. Basically China has shown politics does indeed change/influence their jurisprudence process. There will be retaliation and escalation now, you can count on it....it takes time to teach lessons to hypocrite bullies, but they need to learn them all the same.

@jhungary @VCheng @gambit @F-22Raptor @Joe Shearer @Vergennes

The point is they didnt give this punishment originally (if they did, then its no issue...their country their rules like others are saying here). They changed it now because of the political souring over the Huawei thing. If that didn't happen, then China would never have revisited this penalty. Quite a shameless behaviour by China in the end like @HannibalBarca said. Basically China has shown politics does indeed change/influence their jurisprudence process. There will be retaliation and escalation now, you can count on it....it takes time to teach lessons to hypocrite bullies, but they need to learn them all the same.

@jhungary @VCheng @gambit @F-22Raptor @Joe Shearer @Vergennes

LOL.

Two points (the number and its representation is not accidental):
  1. The earlier sentence was for 15 years. This is the sentence on judicial review on appeal.
  2. Have you ever had the pleasure of studying Chinese jurisprudence? Or is it a treat being saved up for the rain that will last forty days and forty nights?

Back
Top Bottom