What's new

Canada May Back Out of F-35 Purchase

If I were in a position that I could decide what to invest in for air-force
Instead of these F-35 I'd have selected some good state of the art UAVs.

y does canada need em? they got no beef with anyone

Russia and Denmark. However, the intensity of these disputes are low compared to other parts of the World.

I think main reason being the CF18 are getting old, they entered service in the 1980's so the air force is looking for a replacement. I would say that they should look into EFT and the Rafale as the replacement. both are great aircraft, and can surely suffice the need, plus I bet UK will be happy with Canada buying EFT.

Not really Canada doesn't have any bad relation or land dispute with any country. Plus the whole arctic thing is a little too hyped in my opinion. Canada has a good and well equipped army, the only problem is that it relies on only one type of fighter aircraft which might jeopardize their air force capabilities.

IMO, Canada needs a duel engine jet due to the climate. I agree that buying only F-35 is a bad idea. Canada needs to diversify it's military, some F-35s, EFT, UAV, UCAV, etc...

Canada doesn't need sh!t
They need to cut this crap and lower taxes.
We pay an insane amount of taxes for BS like this.
And on top of that, Canadian laws are made to extort as much $$$ from the people as possible.
Speeding: pay u$ a fine
Arson: pay u$ a fine
Murder: you guessed it, pay u$ a fine

F-35.jpg

Turkey should reduce its order to max 50. 100 of these and an Indigenous 5th generation TFX is too much. We should focus much more on our own TFX. We already got 200+ F16 block 50 and 52+, that should be sufficient until 2020 when we introduce TFX.

Russia and Denmark. However, the intensity of these disputes are low compared to other parts of the World.

i think these disputes could get ugly in future as the global warming is exposing tons of resources in the arctic and countries are jumping in to claim those resources. i think canada needs a potent aircraft. IMO canada should go for EFT or Seilent eagles or even rafeals. Rafael would be the best option because canada has a thing for operating just one kind of aircraft so why a multirole aircraft.
if we go with history i can see canada buying F-35 no matter what the experts say because Harper is a BIT(H and he will do what he wants to do. as for the EFT m sorry buddy ur a good aircraft but canada wont buy you even though we have good relations with ur govt. and griepen has no chance what so ever, but thanks for the Swedish hockey players.

i don't know why harper even considered it since we never needed it in the first place :coffee:

RCAF CF-18s are aging, These CF-18s are going under modernization program (half of them could already been upgraded) and the proposed modernization is to extend their life till 2020-2022; Thus it does make sense for RCAF to 120-129 (one crashed) replace CF-18s by 2020-2022 with a 5th Gen available Aircraft what better plane than F-35 is available for the future of the Air Force.

Even small European countries are operating F-16s in number of 54-65 why so astonishment about Canada having no enemy. It is called modernization of the Air Force into next Phase-Generation-Century. Canada is a big Country, Russian are a potential threat now and in the future. Like someone said wait a country buys F-35 you people will see RCAF getting them sooner or later in the coming future. $8.5+$7.5B is nothing to operate F-35s into the future for the next 25 Years before Stealth UCAV becomes standard replacement.

i agree we should go with some European ones for once since some people have pointed out we put all our eggs in one basket

Finally some sense prevails, we never needed these jets in the first place.

Hmm In a few years everyone will back out and the F35 project will be remembered as a failure .

Canada doesn't need sh!t
They need to cut this crap and lower taxes.
We pay an insane amount of taxes for BS like this.
And on top of that, Canadian laws are made to extort as much $$$ from the people as possible.
Speeding: pay u$ a fine
Arson: pay u$ a fine
Murder: you guessed it, pay u$ a fine

All those taxes cover the following and more (federal, provincial or municipal)...
Better health care
Better environment
Stringent food quality control
Reliable public transport
Homeless assistance, etc.

If you want lower taxes, the government has to slash one or more services. I'm not sure if any of the above are relevant to you, but as a tax-paying citizen, I would rather have those than have the government slashing taxes needlessly. Yes we are taxed a lot, but I'd rather have the state watching my back, rather than having to worry about how I'm going to get to work, or whether the wine I eat has been verified as being safe for consumption. The only thing I have against the government is their inability to raise taxes for corporations that outsource jobs meant for tax paying Canadians to India or the Philippines.

That being said, Harper needs to ditch the F-35 asap, and reinvest in our aerospace industry. If Canadians could have designed and built the Avro Arrow (back in the 60's i think), the same people are more than capable of building a 4th/4++ generation fighter/interceptor.

Back
Top Bottom