What's new

Canada for peaceful resolution to Kashmir issue

Trooper

Reaction score
Friday, March 20, 2009
TORONTO: Canadian government has yet another time urged Indian government to find the peaceful solution to Kashmir issue saying, “Not only should Indian government respect the human rights of Kashmiri but also it must be resolved according to the wishes of the people of Kashmir.”

The Canadian foreign minister Laurence Cannon has written a letter to Mushtaq Jilani who is presently associated with Peace and Justice Forum that his country has many a times in past encouraged both Indian and Pakistani government to find a peaceful resolution to Kashmir dispute.

Both countries must continue the process of composite dialogue to reach an agreement acceptable for three parties Pakistan, India and Kashmiri people, the letter also stated.

Canadian FM was quoted as saying, “Canada is in consultation with G8 countries in a bid to evolve durable peace in South Asia and Canadian High Commission in India insists on Indian government for the assurance of respect of human rights of Kashmiri people.”

His country will stay involved in resolving Kashmir row standing between India and Pakistan, he maintained.

Friday, March 20, 2009
TORONTO: Canadian government has yet another time urged Indian government to find the peaceful solution to Kashmir issue saying, “Not only should Indian government respect the human rights of Kashmiri but also it must be resolved according to the wishes of the people of Kashmir.”

The Canadian foreign minister Laurence Cannon has written a letter to Mushtaq Jilani who is presently associated with Peace and Justice Forum that his country has many a times in past encouraged both Indian and Pakistani government to find a peaceful resolution to Kashmir dispute.

Both countries must continue the process of composite dialogue to reach an agreement acceptable for three parties Pakistan, India and Kashmiri people, the letter also stated.

Canadian FM was quoted as saying, “Canada is in consultation with G8 countries in a bid to evolve durable peace in South Asia and Canadian High Commission in India insists on Indian government for the assurance of respect of human rights of Kashmiri people.”

His country will stay involved in resolving Kashmir row standing between India and Pakistan, he maintained.

Really if India is going to listen to Canada, after the Canadians trashing India over the nuclear proliferation. They can stand all they like, there just going to get deaf ears from India.

Really if India is going to listen to Canada, after the Canadians trashing India over the nuclear proliferation. They can stand all they like, there just going to get deaf ears from India.

Canada is oil rich, while US, Russia & France have all the nuclear reactors - Guess who would support Indian plans to generate nuclear power ? :-)

The article linked above is a standard response to any non-official (Mustaq Jilani is not a govt. official) query addressed to Canadian government. It restates Canadian govt. position, says that they are already doing all they can and wishes everyone the best. They gave out something exactly identical in 2000, 2003 and I guess now again.

Canada is oil rich, while US, Russia & France have all the nuclear reactors - Guess who would support Indian plans to generate nuclear power ? :-)

Sorry for going off topic for second but Canada has second biggest Uranium reserve after Australia I believ in the world and North America's biggest Uranium producing company with "CANdo" reactors"

Sorry for going off topic for second but Canada has second biggest Uranium reserve after Australia I believ in the world and North America's biggest Uranium producing company with "CANdo" reactors"

It's CANDU reactors (Canadian Deuterium), and the company is called the Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. Canada is also the largest Uranium exporter in the world, so yes, India will care what Canada has to say. But where did the Indian nuclear program come into this?

There will not be peace in the region until India realises that it is occupying a large portion of land in the North against the will of its people. The sooner they stop blaming "cross border terrorism" for the freedom fighting, the sooner we can move towards peace. There is a reason India keeps pushing for the international community to respect Kashmir as a "bilateral issue". There is no doubt that there are Kashmiris, especially in the Hindu South, that support Indian control, but they are far too few and far too elite to be taken seriously. Most Kashmiris want to get rid of Indian control, and there can be no doubt in this. Any scholar, regardless of nationality, who has studied the region in any detail shares these views.

For enlightenment, read some history and watch what the international community has to say. One example is "Jashn-e-Azadi". This documentary was shown at our University by the Students International League for Kashmir (SILK). It was made with the support of an Indian television network and does not take any sides (Pro-Pakistan or Pro-independence), which was disappointing because I would have liked to hear some comments on whether most Kashmiris prefer independence or Pakistan. All the documentary shows are ground realities. The reason I am plugging this documentary is because, the Israel-Palestine issue at least receives some recognition in the international world, but the Kashmir issue is vastly ignored.

Ofcourse, none of what I have said above will sit well with our Indian friends. We can expect some garbage-flinging at our nation in return, but the facts are the facts, as we should stand by them regardless of our Faith or Nationality.

And still Indians would love to leave India for Canada if given a chance. The largest Indian Punjabi population in the world, after India, is in Canada.

And still Indians would love to leave India for Canada if given a chance. The largest Indian Punjabi population in the world, after India, is in Canada.

You guys accuse US and Britain for being Anti-Islamic, I dont see hundered of thousands of Pakistanis leaving those countries. :azn:

It's CANDU reactors (Canadian Deuterium), and the company is called the Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. Canada is also the largest Uranium exporter in the world, so yes, India will care what Canada has to say. But where did the Indian nuclear program come into this?

There will not be peace in the region until India realises that it is occupying a large portion of land in the North against the will of its people. The sooner they stop blaming "cross border terrorism" for the freedom fighting, the sooner we can move towards peace. There is a reason India keeps pushing for the international community to respect Kashmir as a "bilateral issue". There is no doubt that there are Kashmiris, especially in the Hindu South, that support Indian control, but they are far too few and far too elite to be taken seriously. Most Kashmiris want to get rid of Indian control, and there can be no doubt in this. Any scholar, regardless of nationality, who has studied the region in any detail shares these views.

For enlightenment, read some history and watch what the international community has to say. One example is "Jashn-e-Azadi". This documentary was shown at our University by the Students International League for Kashmir (SILK). It was made with the support of an Indian television network and does not take any sides (Pro-Pakistan or Pro-independence), which was disappointing because I would have liked to hear some comments on whether most Kashmiris prefer independence or Pakistan. All the documentary shows are ground realities. The reason I am plugging this documentary is because, the Israel-Palestine issue at least receives some recognition in the international world, but the Kashmir issue is vastly ignored.

Ofcourse, none of what I have said above will sit well with our Indian friends. We can expect some garbage-flinging at our nation in return, but the facts are the facts, as we should stand by them regardless of our Faith or Nationality.

I dont see how is this related to this topic?

Yes it's CANDU reactors but company is called Cameco.

Yes it's CANDU reactors but company is called Cameco.

You are wrong.

CANDU Reactors are built by the Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. I would know, I worked there as an engineer on their new Advanced CANDU Reactor and power plant design. Cameco (Canadian Mining and Energy Corporation) supplies uranium, it does not build nuclear reactors or power plants.

If the CANDU reactor is built by Cameco, then your Maruti is built by Bharat Petroleum.

I dont see how is this related to this topic?

It is important to see why the Canadians, and all other peace lovers for that matter, believe India needs to take a more serious approach to resolving the Kashmir issue. If India continues to ignore the situation, and pass on the blame, peace will be hard to come by. So, yes, my post is related to the topic.

Omar1984
Indians would love to leave India for Canada if given a chance. The largest Indian Punjabi population in the world, after India, is in Canada.
Gabbar
You guys accuse US and Britain for being Anti-Islamic, I dont see hundered of thousands of Pakistanis leaving those countries.

Omar and Gabbar, please, comments like these are not needed. They only help to provoke and derail.

@PAFace

My appologie for a typo in my first post. Yes, you are right Cameco does not build reactors however they the biggest producer of uranium. Reactors are under Atomic Energy.
:cheers:

Omar and Gabbar, please, comments like these are not needed. They only help to provoke and derail.

I just wanted to show him a mirror. My intensions were never to provoke any body.

@Omar1984 :cheers:
I am pretty sure we will have some interesring arguments again in future.

Whats wrong in That? Actually they help India with that. When they send money to there families from there, and their families buy things here in India. :yahoo:

You guys accuse US and Britain for being Anti-Islamic, I dont see hundered of thousands of Pakistanis leaving those countries. :azn:

Indian accuses the muslims of being anti hindu......"I dont see hundered of thousands of indians leaving" muslim arab oil rich nations ".:coffee:

Indian accuses the muslims of being anti hindu......"I dont see hundered of thousands of indians leaving" muslim arab oil rich nations ".:coffee:
:blah:

Indians accuse Fundamentalist Muslims not ordinary peaceful Muslims. As same as I accuse Fundamentlist Hindus for killing minorities in India.

Nice try though.

Back
Top Bottom