What's new

Can someone please explain this....

Khan_patriot

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was surfing my facebook account in the morning and saw this on one of the many military pages I get updates from. Apparently the pic given below is some kind of home made missile system, in Syria, I was wondering what the mechanism of its action might be and if it might be effective. The pic below shows the arrangement of the ''missile''....
bomb.jpg

From what I gather, the cylinder will leak gas (either due to a rupture or complete disintegration of the cylinder) on contact and it may catch fire resulting in an inferno or possibly an explosion, what I dont understand is how the propulsion system works....:undecided:
Any input would be appreciated and I will not go off and try to make my own missile after understanding its mechanism.....:angel:

Any and all input would be appreciated....
@Aeronaut @Areesh @Windjammer @OrionHunter @farhan_9909 @mafiya @Alpha1 @Manticore @Hyperion @Irfan Baloch
And all other members.....

I was surfing my facebook account in the morning and saw this on one of the many military pages I get updates from. Apparently the pic given below is some kind of home made missile system, in Syria, I was wondering what the mechanism of its action might be and if it might be effective. The pic below shows the arrangement of the ''missile''....
View attachment 26788

From what I gather, the cylinder will leak gas (either due to a rupture or complete disintegration of the cylinder) on contact and it may catch fire resulting in an inferno or possibly an explosion, what I dont understand is how the propulsion system works....:undecided:
Any input would be appreciated and I will not go off and try to make my own missile after understanding its mechanism.....:angel:

@Aeronaut @Areesh @Windjammer @OrionHunter @farhan_9909 @mafiya @Alpha1 @Manticore @Hyperion @Irfan Baloch

In Syria the rebels are using a lot of improvised homemade weapons ....its difficult to comment about their firing or launching mechanism one can only guess ..... rocket shown in the picture above might be using an improvised launching system which may be similar to this improvised mortar launching sys.

mortar.jpg

or some thing simillar to this one .....

syria-rebels-chemical.jpg

syrian-rebels.jpg

one of the website claim this homemade system is use for clorine attack ......

It obviously looks like a gas cylinder mounted on a crude rocket, the cylinder could either be full of Butane gas or explosives.... there's video evidence to suggest that such crude weapons have resulted in self goals.

View attachment 26788

This picture shows a rebel fighter of the Tawhid Brigade preparing homemade rockets to fire at the 80th Brigade Base, a strategic military target that has gone back and forth between rebels and Assad's forces.

This photograph you showed was taken by teenage photographer Molhem Barakat, a Reuters photographer while capturing the battle between rebel and regime forces at a hospital, and was unfortunately killed.

These 'rockets' are relatively basic with crude stabilizing fins with the cylinders capable of carrying 2-3 litres of chemical agents. They are fired by some form of improvised rocket launcher or large mortar.

Here's a video grab of how it's launched....

130909improvise.jpg

The fuse seems to be the impact variety that sets off the explosion after impact. It's not clear whether the cylinders are packed with HE or chemicals. Perhaps both. Cylinders were found filled with the deadly sarin gas by Turkish security forces.

Here's a video. See from 12:45

Last edited:
This picture shows a rebel fighter of the Tawhid Brigade preparing homemade rockets to fire at the 80th Brigade Base, a strategic military target that has gone back and forth between rebels and Assad's forces.

This photograph you showed was taken by teenage photographer Molhem Barakat, a Reuters photographer while capturing the battle between rebel and regime forces at a hospital, and was unfortunately killed.

These 'rockets' are relatively basic with crude stabilizing fins with the cylinders capable of carrying 2-3 litres of chemical agents. They are fired by some form of improvised rocket launcher or large mortar.

Here's a video grab of how it's launched....

130909improvise.jpg

The fuse seems to be the impact variety that sets off the explosion after impact. It's not clear whether the cylinders are packed with HE or chemicals. Perhaps both. Cylinders were found filled with the deadly sarin gas by Turkish security forces.

Here's a video. See from 12:45

Thanks for clearing that up....:-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom