What's new

Can Pakistan Navy rent PLAN's nuke submarine??

Blueblood

New Recruit

Reaction score
"在印度从俄罗斯租借核动力攻击潜艇,以及在俄罗斯的帮助下建造装备潜射弹道导弹的核潜艇之后,巴海军表示了对租借核动力攻击潜艇的兴趣。"
After the India navy get russian nuksub,Can Pakistan navy have one from her neighbor?
why can’t ?

"在印度从俄罗斯租借核动力攻击潜艇,以及在俄罗斯的帮助下建造装备潜射弹道导弹的核潜艇之后,巴海军表示了对租借核动力攻击潜艇的兴趣。"
After the India navy get russian nuksub,Can Pakistan navy have one from her neighbor?
why can’t ?

I dont think there would be anything wrong in leasing a Nuke submarine from China, Have been wondering the same, Why is Pakistan not going for it?? China can Lease it to Pakistan for a few millions...

Navy dose not have enough subs for the themselves.

Navy may need that couple of millions but i think they'd rather have more boats than the money? What about Navy leasing one or two sub from US?

I don't see the need for Pakistan to have nuclear attack submarines. Nations that build them do so because they are faster than conventional submarines, thus able to keep up with expeditionary fleets. Also they have greater endurance, again great for blue water naval power projection. In Pakistan's case, conventional subs should more than suffice to protect its coastal waters since they are not operating far from home.

I think the Pakistani Navy should get some SSBN.Currentlly their sea-based nuclear ability is quite weak.Offer the PN some JL-1 SLBM would be a good idea which has a range around 2000km to enough cover most of the south asian continent.While the SSN,I dont think its necessary since they will get some SSKs from us which is enough to protect them.

I don't see the need for Pakistan to have nuclear attack submarines. Nations that build them do so because they are faster than conventional submarines, thus able to keep up with expeditionary fleets. Also they have greater endurance, again great for blue water naval power projection. In Pakistan's case, conventional subs should more than suffice to protect its coastal waters since they are not operating far from home.

When were nuclear subs faster than conventional? Nuclear submarines are significantly slower because acoustic restrictions disallow generators to operate at full capacity.

The majority of countries still favor conventional because it's faster, safer, more quiet, easier to design, economical, and politically viable.

Nuclear subs are much larger in volume due to the minimum space reactors and filtering systems occupy. Thus, it is more cost effective to lower the hull-to-reactor ratio by enlarging the entire design for more arsenal. These attack subs are significantly larger and much louder on the move. That is why most countries focus on nuclear ballistic submarines where mobility is not a priority. Nuclear attack subs are falling out of favor worldwide due to export and operational restrictions.

Yes, Pakistan should lease atleast a nuke sub to gain experience.

Well, as far as Pakistan is concerned. Pak Navy has lot to achieve before going for Nuclear Submarine. We are short of Destroyers, we are short of simple submarines and now we are short of surveillance and anti-submarine aircrafts. .

I was watching a program yesterday and a Rear Admiral (Retd.) said that our Costal Defence is nil now. .

Well, as far as Pakistan is concerned. Pak Navy has lot to achieve before going for Nuclear Submarine. We are short of Destroyers, we are short of simple submarines and now we are short of surveillance and anti-submarine aircrafts. .

I was watching a program yesterday and a Rear Admiral (Retd.) said that our Costal Defence is nil now. .

Good thing is we are not at war :D-
or
Good thing is there is no such thing as Taliban navy :D-

If china provides, Pakistan can lease it. What is wrong in gaining experience on a nuke submarine?

Pakistan does not need nuclear submarines our sea area is not as big that we need nuclear submarine.Air independent propulsion sytem equiped submarines are enough for our needs i-e why we are talking for 6 from china and converting our french ones to AIP.AIP subs well equiped :yahoo:

I am surprised, how come all the posters on this thread are so naive about nuclear submarines.

Nuclear submarines are not important for mobility or lack of mobility; not necessary for a blue water navy .. or whatever reasons posted above.

The single most important reason is ..... nuclear second strike capability. Only nuclear submarines can stay under water for months at a time. And nuclear weapons are safest to hide in the ocean than anywhere on the land (silos) or mobile launchers.

If Pakistan had nuclear submarines, it would stop worrying of a surprise US operation to takeover it's nuclear weapons (e.g. a US operation like Operation Geronimo).

Further, Pakistan (and coincidentally the rest of the world too) will feel much safer, if Pakistani nukes are safely secured in nuclear submarines, where even terrorists will find impossible to reach.

When the Pakistani nukes are safely hidden in nuclear submarines, it may not actually want to further increase the size of it's nuclear arsenal.

Indeed, if China refuses .... even US or Russia (.... or actually, even India !!!!) could sell a nuclear submarine to Pakistan, so that Pakistan no longer needs to buid a land based nuclear arsenal which can fall into the hands of terrorists.

Potentially, the only advantage from China is that it may give it to Pakistan for free or friendship price (just like the 50 JF-17s deal). Pakistan could further enhance them with western avionics.

Nuclear submarines for Pakistan is good for everybody :)

I am surprised, how come all the posters on this thread are so naive about nuclear submarines.

Nuclear submarines are not important for mobility or lack of mobility; not necessary for a blue water navy .. or whatever reasons posted above.

The single most important reason is ..... nuclear second strike capability. Only nuclear submarines can stay under water for months at a time. And nuclear weapons are safest to hide in the ocean than anywhere on the land (silos) or mobile launchers.

If Pakistan had nuclear submarines, it would stop worrying of a surprise US operation to takeover it's nuclear weapons (e.g. a US operation like Operation Geronimo).

Further, Pakistan (and coincidentally the rest of the world too) will feel much safer, if Pakistani nukes are safely secured in nuclear submarines, where even terrorists will find impossible to reach.

When the Pakistani nukes are safely hidden in nuclear submarines, it may not actually want to further increase the size of it's nuclear arsenal.

Indeed, if China refuses .... even US or Russia (.... or actually, even India !!!!) could sell a nuclear submarine to Pakistan, so that Pakistan no longer needs to buid a land based nuclear arsenal which can fall into the hands of terrorists.

Potentially, the only advantage from China is that it may give it to Pakistan for free or friendship price (just like the 50 JF-17s deal). Pakistan could further enhance them with western avionics.

We are talking about SSNs and definitely not SSBM. Handing Pakistan a fully loaded Jin class sub with 24 nuclear tipped+MIRVed JL-2s (14,000km) would break just about every international convention on the books.

Are you for the record, suggesting a submarine as an underwater storage warehouse for nuclear weapons?

Back
Top Bottom