What's new

Can Agni-5 be MIRV?

refrain from asking such specific and sensetive questions as no nation declassifies such things :coffee:
Oh i forgot...otherwise your Ajit Doval will be chasing me :lol:
Thanks for the tip :lol:

The nose diameter of R-24 is same as Agni 5 as both are of same weight category

R-24 yars can house upto 4 to 6 MIRV
R-24 MIRV version has an elliptical nose cone and that needs a larger throw weight i guess.
We haven't seen any Agni test with elliptical nose cone.

Oh i forgot...otherwise your Ajit Doval will be chasing me :lol:
Thanks for the tip :lol:

R-24 MIRV version has an elliptical nose cone and that needs a larger throw weight i guess.
I just going by your logic
The nose Cone diameter is same for both which is 2 m as well as payload Which 1.5 Tons

doesn't matter the the Cone diameter has enough space For house MIRV in the missile
Believe me,it does matter.
If you can fins a missile with triangular nose cone and still MIRV? You may post here.because i cannot find any.

This "Logic" also stands true for our Shaheen 2 and Shaheen 3 missiles.
@shaheenmissile
Lets be brutally honest my friend,pakistan would have to achieve a lot of maturity in various fronts in missile development before thinking of putting MIRVs. I mean control systems,metallurgy,composites,micro-electromechnical sensors/actuators etc to name a few. A lot of pakistani folks here think that pakistan will miraculously develop MIRV like how they developed nukes and delivery vehicles(?).You see my friend it is an iterative process that takes years of painstaking efforts

wait a sec. :lol:

let me enlighten you a bit...

405px-Peacekeeper_missile.jpg

Peacekeeper...Diameter-2.3 m

Can house upto 10 MIRV

url

Minuteman...

Diameter 1.67 m,can house 3 MIRVs.

This concept might interest you more...

missile-final.png

This design appeared after news came out that China is modifying its existing missiles to carry MIRVs.

and another concept,Conical section is not a fixed design.It can be redesigned.

agni-52BV2Brange2BAgni-V_intermediate_range_nuclear-capable_intercontinental_ballistic_missile_ICBM_India_defence_industry_military_technology.jpg

it all depends on the miniaturization of warheads.

It is been widely known fact that A-5 will carry MIRV.

Agni-V to be modified to attack multiple targets - The Hindu

To all Indians,
We should refrain from educating pakistanis and in process (unknowingly) divulging sensitive information.
Take extra care and refrain from threads like these(education trapo_O)
..we are too libral in telling about ourselves..:undecided:

Below is a picture of Agni-5. Now we know that agni-5 declared diameter is 2 meters?
Using gimp and comparing ratios while assuming that the widest part is 200 cm. The various portions of nose cone come out as follows. So the payload area has a Dia of either 150 Cm or 110 Cm. Below that is the Reentry vehicle and various systems.
Can multiple warheads be fitted in that Dia?
View attachment 270017

Here is the original pic i used,in case you want to analyze it on your own.

maxresdefault.jpg

Agni 5 and Shaheen II / III can be MiRV and the warhead shape is not concerned they can change it without any difficulty but both nations still far behind to develop and test MiRV even MaRV is not developed which is i believe a step towards MiRV tech.
Regards,

both nations still far behind to develop and test MiRV even MaRV is not developed which is i believe a step towards MiRV tech.
Regards,
Logic is Absurd India can Launch Technologically MIRVs could be designed to have separate guidance system and propulsion packages on each re-entry vehicle. The maneuvering final stage of missile, also called Post Boost Control System (PBCS) or ‘bus’, carries both missile re-entry bodies (RV) and guidance and control system. This bus has ability to change orientation and trajectory. It is also estimated that most of the countries such as US (Titan III Trans stage and Minuteman), China (DF-31A) etc, followed the footprint of their space program by conceptualizing the technology of delivering multiple satellite payloads into orbit.

Although ISRO successfully launched PSLV C-7 multiple satellite on January 10, 2007 and used Dual launch Adapter (DLA) to dispense four satellites, this technology adaptation in India’s future MIRV program is unpredictable. Final stage of PSLV C-7 has Trans-stage Post Boost Control System (PBCS) equivalent to US multiple launch technology. After the boost phase and orientation of bus suitably towards target, the minute rocket engines in each RV ignite. These vernier rockets are used for precise positioning, changing orientation and moving bus away from free falling RVs. This critical technology was used in upper stage of ISRO Geosynchronous Launch Vehicle (GSLV) which placed 2 ton satellite into orbit by maneuvering using liquid propellant vernier rockets

agni-jpg.270017

"It (the third stage) slopes into the warhead stage and has a conical motor. So far, we have only been doing cylindrical motors and building that was difficult," Mr Chander said in October last year.

DRDO officials say a reduced payload will further enhance the Agni-V's range to beyond 5,000km.

The cone of Agni-V also contains a third conical solid-fuel stage (red/white part of cone).
The RV (black part of cone) is of the same dimensions as that of Agni-IV i.e. ~1000kg. There is no way 3xMIRVs having strategic warheads can be mounted in such a small space (1-1.2m diameter) with so low payload capacity.

Agni-VI is being built for this purpose.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom