What's new

Calling stock and commodity market enthusiasts

Anybody in here investing or trading in the stock or commodity markets? Thought will start a thread and see if its possible to exchange ideas here.

@Armstrong @cb4 @waz @Skull and Bones @Capt.Popeye @kurup

Hi Surya, used to in the past, but with family and greater responsibilities I have taken the safe route and invested in property. I do still have shares in several top FTSE companies and investments in gold.

No, do you invest or trade?
long time ago.... lost money.. :cry:
if you enter a bull market, you become careless, start thinking you got it in you and you know how market works (charts numbers bla bla).
Reality is every stock is rising and you are randomly successful.
I am talking about average retail investor.

Anybody in here investing or trading in the stock or commodity markets? Thought will start a thread and see if its possible to exchange ideas here.
What do you want to talk about?

I am more about Metals, Energy and Forex trading but also has some knowledge in indices.

What do you want to talk about?

I am more about Metals, Energy and Forex trading but also has some knowledge in indices.

Cool! It will be great to learn then. I trade mainly in Gold, Silver and Crude (MCX in India). Mainly crude. Besides, this am slowly trying my hands at equity (NSE in India). Not yet tried Forex, though a year down the line, why not.

What is your view on these and how do you typically work in the markets? For example, news based, fundamentals, technicals....etc....

Last edited:
Hi Surya, used to in the past, but with family and greater responsibilities I have taken the safe route and invested in property. I do still have shares in several top FTSE companies and investments in gold.

I entered the markets full time after marriage. :) before marriage had a full time job! So now, this is my profession. So I gather you are a long term investor?

long time ago.... lost money.. :cry:
if you enter a bull market, you become careless, start thinking you got it in you and you know how market works (charts numbers bla bla).
Reality is every stock is rising and you are randomly successful.
I am talking about average retail investor.

Hm..yes. Decided to get into this full time couple of years back. Now am full time into this. Mainly commodities. And in that mainly Crude.

I'm an amateur FOREX trader who is still learning the skill !

So maybe we can all learn together!

I started with reading Steve Nison. Its on Japanese candlesticks. That was my first book. So what are you reading for the learning part?

Last edited:
I entered the markets full time after marriage. :) before marriage had a full time job! So now, this is my profession. So I gather you are a long term investor?

Yes mate, long term. After marriage? Dude how do you get past the wife and in-laws? My own dad would kill me. :o:. Telling me I shouldn't be playing with fire etc, you the know the typical South Asian telling off.

Cool! It will be great to learn then. I trade mainly in Gold, Silver and Crude (MCX in India). Mainly crude. Besides, this am slowly trying my hands at equity (NSE in India). Not yet tried Forex, though a year down the line, why not.

What is your view on these and how do you typically work in the markets? For example, news based, fundamentals, technicals....etc....
Metals = Gold, Silver etc
Energy = Crude/Brent Oil and Natural Gas etc

so whats your question then?

I started with reading Steve Nison. Its on Japanese candlesticks. That was my first book. So what are you reading for the learning part?

I started with Babypips.com...then grabbed a couple of books on Trading & learned some stuff from there !

Yes mate, long term. After marriage? Dude how do you get past the wife and in-laws? My own dad would kill me. :o:. Telling me I shouldn't be playing with fire etc, you the know the typical South Asian telling off.

Kashmiris are such risk-averse people ! :whistle:

Investing in markets is for newbies.

You want to make real money, get into alternative stuff- case in point- Bitcoin

You gotta love this shit.

bitcoin.png

Metals = Gold, Silver etc
Energy = Crude/Brent Oil and Natural Gas etc

so whats your question then?

How do you typically trade? Fundamentals, technicals, news? You into futures then I assume?

I for example, trade purely on technicals. Planning on taking the certification examination and preparing for the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom