What's new

Buying a House in Bahria Town ISB(Is it worth it?)

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Friends and fellow members.
I'm trying to help my family buy a house these days ,So I need to hear what you guys have to say.
Do any of you guys have had problems with Bahria Town Ravapindi ?Any sort of Problems at all?
My family is considering to buy a House there ,So I was wondering if there are any drawbacks to it?
As far I care ,The only thing I want is a nice big stadium to play football and cricket and a Mosque to pray ,Since both are okay'd ,I'm good with it all.
One can only thank Allah for these facilities since not many kids in the country can afford to play sports either because the clubs are full of members or too far from home /Inaccessible .
Yes apart from the fact this place looks like a Desert ,which I hope they plant some trees later on ,Does any forum member live here to give his opinion?
Another thing I would like to say is that ,Some of the houses here have been badly damaged due to earthquakes ,Even newer one's at some places seem to be damaged ,Is it due to the fact that aesthetic appeal is given a higher consideration as to the structural compromise of the building ?
Another conspiracy I'm hearing is that ,There are sometimes some problems with paper work,What is this all about?

@Mugwop @Signalian @Mentee @Clutch [PS: Special thanks to you guys ,Some of you may know My story and we had some prior discussions on this]

I'm trying to help my family buy a house these days ,So I need to hear what you guys have to say.
Do any of you guys have had problems with Bahria Town Ravapindi ?Any sort of Problems at all?
My family is considering to buy a House there ,So I was wondering if there are any drawbacks to it?
As far I care ,The only thing I want is a nice big stadium to play football and cricket and a Mosque to pray ,Since both are okay'd ,I'm good with it all.
One can only thank Allah for these facilities since not many kids in the country can afford to play sports either because the clubs are full of members or too far from home /Inaccessible .
Yes apart from the fact this place looks like a Desert ,which I hope they plant some trees later on ,Does any forum member live here to give his opinion?
Another thing I would like to say is that ,Some of the houses here have been badly damaged due to earthquakes ,Even newer one's at some places seem to be damaged ,Is it due to the fact that aesthetic appeal is given a higher consideration as to the structural compromise of the building ?
Another conspiracy I'm hearing is that ,There are sometimes some problems with paper work,What is this all about?

@Mugwop @Signalian @Mentee @Clutch [PS: Special thanks to you guys ,Some of you may know My story and we had some prior discussions on this]
this might help :
https://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/buying_property/living_cost_in_bt_rawalpindi_-463.html

bahria town phase 7 and 8 are at gt road.Phase 1 to 5 is near pwd.Also there is too much traffic on both sides of highway that links to Bahria town

bahria town phase 7 and 8 are at gt road.Phase 1 to 5 is near pwd.Also there is too much traffic on both sides of highway that links to Bahria town
Yeah that GT Road ,Sometimes Driver's there drive like there's no tomorrow .
I'm okay with it though.

The only problems I know about in bahria town is the traffic going to islamabad can be hectic and sometimes some factories burn some stuff which creates a foul odor but other than that bahria town is a great place to live. Next on my list is DEFENCE and safari villas. If they don't work out for you then I suggest I-8 from islamabad because its close to pindi.

The only problems I know about in bahria town is the traffic going to islamabad can be hectic and sometimes some factories burn some stuff which creates a foul odor but other than that bahria town is a great place to live. Next on my list is DEFENCE and safari villas. If they don't work out for you then I suggest I-8 from islamabad because its close to pindi.

I’m eyeing up defence in the future God Willing, I have close family in Safari Villas Bahria and it’s decent. What’s your views on defence? My only issue with Bahria is its too far out from Islamabad which can take ages to get to

As somebody who has friends in Defence, I can only say they complain about the reserved atmosphere due to the fact people living in defense work 24/7 and only younger generation can have all the fun.
I came to know today after researching a Great deal about BT and asking around that the public contractors have been involved in large scale corruption ,Using sub-standardd building material has led to many buildings showing large scale cracks.
So I would advice everyone to only buy a house if it involves the owner himself, because owners take special care when building a house and do so in their own management.

What's good in Karachi. I am looking for investment.
Wow ....What an awesome city :D
I can't forget when i went there back in 2003/2004.
Since my cousins and their cousins are ,Shahid Afridi.
I know that houses compared to flats are not really worth it.
Reason being the city of Karachi is no fun living in houses ,The best thing about karachi is living in flats where you can make so many friends of different backgrounds all over the country :-)
Plus Flat being community based ,You have concerts and LCD Screening of PAK/India Matches is so fun.
Rest of-course depends on the buyer but this is just my opinion :-)

I’m eyeing up defence in the future God Willing, I have close family in Safari Villas Bahria and it’s decent. What’s your views on defence? My only issue with Bahria is its too far out from Islamabad which can take ages to get to
Hi! which Defence are we talking about 1,2,3,4?

The congestion between the roads from bahria town to isb seems to be getting worse day by day.

What's good in Karachi. I am looking for investment.
For investment Dha city hands down prices have dropped and thats the opportunity .. !! bahria ok if u want to move in Or build a home

At bahria ideally dont go for new launches find some thing where u can get pocession immediately i hear phase 8 is good construction has started .

only back drop with bahria projects is the land doesnt have the lease which means in future if u require or a mortgage or loan of any kind u cannot get it also developer has full control
Over your properties

Its bahria town islamabad actually as it comes under cda and just close ur eyes and invest here, no other housing society delivers the level of class bahria instills and who told u its a desert?, the level of landscaping and green belt plantations bahria has is far superior to any other in Pakistan. The effort they put in to maintain bahria is exemplary too, they basically are rebuilding some patch of the highway every month, replacing the pavement dividers and walking tiles every 8 mnths or so!!!!, repainting dividers and other road infra every 4-5 months. The commercial enclaves are massive too, every major outlet or brand or service or bank has a foothold here. The parks are better than any other society, the mosques here have no match. They even have a pretty good road side zoo here, a high class cinema aming other things and a pretty bad *** theme park is in the pipeline in phase 8. Dha looks like an under developed village when compared to bahria. Security aparatus is pretty extensive yet sometimes there is a theft problem here. If u r looking for a plot in phase 7 than 10 marla is about 10 million and 1 canal 20 million, in phase 8 its about 4-5 mil for 10 marla and over 14 mil for kanal. Built houses range in phase 7 range from 20-30 mil for 10 marla and 35 to 45 mil for kanal. Phase 8 is cheaper. I live in phase 7, its excellent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom