What's new

Butt and Asif found guilty

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Butt and Asif found guilty

Salman Butt, the former Pakistan captain, has been found guilty of two offences - conspiracy to accept corrupt payments, and conspiracy to cheat - while his team-mate, the fast bowler, Mohammad Asif, has been found guilty of conspiracy to cheat.

The decision was reached on the 20th day of the trial at Southwark Crown Court, and required 16 hours of deliberation from the 12-man jury. Verdicts were reached on three of the four charges, with a hung jury returned for the charge of Asif's acceptance of corrupt payments.

Butt faces up to seven years in prison for his role in the conspiracy that shook world cricket in August 2010, following a sting by the now-defunct newspaper News of the World.

More to follow/

Source: Spot-fixing controversy: Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif found guilty | Pakistan Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

This was expected once Amir & Majeed pleaded guilty as charged without going through the trial!! made easy for jurys to reach the verdict as well!!

Good..... they must spend rest of their lives behind the bars...

If news of the world evidence was used ingetting this conviction I would appeal cos I think from what I read they acted as agent provocateur

Be Praise to Pakistan Cricket Board.. be praise to PCB,......be pr....

now Jobless and no bat balls for them. Other option for them is to join mujra cricket. :woot:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom