What's new

Bulgaria refuses to join NATO Black Sea fleet against Russia

Well idk if my opinion is reliable cuz my dad is a russian, but I think that's pretty good decision.Why should Bulgaria stand alongside Romania and Turkey against Russia?Russia is not going to attack anyone, lets not be childish.In the other hand russians are probably the most important tourist group for Bulgaria.Russian citizens buyed like 500 000 properties in East Bulgaria...So Russia its pretty important for bulgarian economy.A lot of people here love Russia as a brother's nation, slavic and orthodox, close culture etc.The president, who will leave the office soon(thank God) done enough to mess up our relations...So once again in my opinion Borissov is spot on.

Well idk if my opinion is reliable cuz my dad is a russian, but I think that's pretty good decision.Why should Bulgaria stand alongside Romania and Turkey against Russia?Russia is not going to attack anyone, lets not be childish.In the other hand russians are probably the most important tourist group for Bulgaria.Russian citizens buyed like 500 000 properties in East Bulgaria...So Russia its pretty important for bulgarian economy.A lot of people here love Russia as a brother's nation, slavic and orthodox, close culture etc.The president, who will leave the office soon(thank God) done enough to mess up our relations...So once again in my opinion Borissov is spot on.

Borisov is a genius ,that's why Bulgaria is the poorest country in the EU,with no signs of fighting corruption and with a laughable economic growth.

Borisov is a genius ,that's why Bulgaria is the poorest country in the EU,with no signs of fighting corruption and with a laughable economic growth.
Oh, I was talking just about his decision around the fleet situation.I dont like him as well, he is EU and NATO fan, not my cup of tea.But he was bodyguard of Todor Zhivkov - the bulgarian leader back in communism time, so I guess that says it all.:rofl:

What help are we getting ?
You are one of the two(Poland) choices for the US in Eastern Europe,the US will do everything in its power to make sure that your Armed Forces is up to date.

Now,I'm anti Erdogan and I'm anti Turkey's handling of the immigration issues and its handling of ISIS but Rou and Bul joined NATO on their free will and when we joined NATO ,Turkey was allready a member.I find this "hurr durr,we won't join with Turkey only with Romania" completely out of line and an unworthy attitude from a fellow NATO member.
Like everyone you have your opinion countries have their interests but the history must not be the most important factor of the develpment of the relations between the countries. In Bulgaria the past have very big role in the relations with Turkey and with other countries because the bulgarians are very proud people. They ignore that good relations with Turkey is one of the keys for good economy and stability and go after the history and take to serious the russian propaganda. Bulgarians still wait their savior in the face of the "bratushki" (the russians) but if its so... the question really is what Bulgaria really is doing in NATO and in EU. There was some moment that in the parliament there was question if other NATO allies can help the bulgarian air force with the security of the air borders of Bulgaria and logically Turkey was going to take that objective but I dont remember right the minister of defence or the air force commander made a speech and he said that because of the past conflicts permission will not be given to Turkey to secure the bulgarian air borders. You can judge for yourself

they probable want to be neutral
Bulgaria is not powerful enough to be neutral.

Last edited:
I have a very good Serbian friend, he said that there were stories told everywhere that NATO threw thousands of venomous snake eggs from planes during war over Serbia so that it would kill their soldiers.
They were Basilisks not venomous snake eggs. Really, snakes!? :tsk:

You are one of the two(Poland) choices for the US in Eastern Europe,the US will do everything in its power to make sure that your Armed Forces is up to date.

We are not a "choice",this is the result of our foreign and internal policies.Now,Romania has alot to do, but unlike Bulgaria we have sentenced to jail,MP's,a former PM,generals,mayors of large cities,etc,for corruption-even yesterday the brother of the former President was sent to jail and he's under investigation himself.This is why we have 4% economic growth while Bul trails at 2% even though they're allready over 2k behind in GDP per capita.

Unlike Hung,whose soldiers even refused to go out on patrols at night in A'stan and had had a symbolic presence there,we fully did our part ,we are a large contributor even today.Unlike Hun and Bul,we don't have a dublicitous attitude when it comes to commitments to our allies.We're not retarded to snubb a fellow NATO ally because "you know hurr duurr,their ancestors killed our ancestors 150 years ago".

Considering, EU, NATO kinda puss out on Russian aggression against Ukraine, Bulgaria don't want to take chances.

Reactions in Romania....my translation,sry if it's not very good,it's done in haste

Bulgaria, entering a position change! From a member of NATO (not a very honorable one) to the the goat of Moscow.

Bulgaria is afraid of Russia.

klaus_iohannis_in_bulgaria_-_15_iunie_2016_-_12-1024x576-500x281.jpg

Bulgaria again the prostitute of Moscow and a country without honor!

Probably yes, as long as Moscow took exactly one day to reverse Bulgaria's position 180 *. On Wednesday, the President of Romania and Bulgaria's had a Bulgarian joint statement announcing that his country supports the initiative of Romania, at the NATO Summit in Warsaw to create a common and permanent naval forces of NATO in the Black Sea.

Earlier, on May 20, and Bulgarian Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov support the position of Bucharest.

But just a day after his visit to Sofia Klaus Johannis (visit dedicated fleet very common problem of NATO), Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said his country does not support such an initiative and the Bulgarian President (!!) Rosen Plevneliev is also agreed that a NATO fleet in the Black Sea is not required. Even more than that, a month earlier, the Romanian Prime Minister, Dacian Ciolos, was in Sofia in order to discuss with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, about a fleet NATO Black Sea and returned to Bucharest with great insurances of collaboration and sincere friendship.

Boyko Borisov now threatens that if the defense ministers of foreign affairs and Bulgaria have signed something or gave any assurance to the Romanian side, in this regard, their head will be woe! As they say would have done so without his knowledge!

Following the sudden change of position of Bulgaria, Turkey reacted first and suspended the agreement on readmission of illegal immigrants, which we have with Bulgaria, writes Bulgarian newspaper "24 Chasa".

boiko_borisov_67609900-610x300-500x246.jpg

Boyko Borisov (a Joker), Bulgaria PM whom is frankly afraid that Moscow will feed him to the dogs.

Borisov went to the headquarters of the presidency for an emergency meeting after reports that Turkey has suspended the readmission agreement signed with Bulgaria in May, due to resistance from the country to the proposal on fleet policy, presented by Romania, but also supported by Turkey .

Borisov said: "I support NATO and EU support Bulgaria's economic interests, but this line should not be violated. If Bulgarians (read Russians !!) think otherwise, I will be replaced by someone else, "said Boyko Borisov.

And the power of Russia in Bulgaria is really important (the Sofia government is de facto only a puppet worse as the days of the Warsaw Treaty), after only 2 years (like) the Russians have taken down the entire Bulgarian government by the few street demonstrations has only several thousand Bulgarians.

Further Bulgarian Prime Minister gives the right opinion and says: "We have always said that in any case Bulgaria will not be attacked by Russia, they are involved in other types of actions, mostly economic, on Bulgarian territory," commented Borisov . "We are Orthodox Christians, have a common basis in religion, culture and everything. (...) Russia may be a little nervous about the others, but it will be very shocked if Bulgaria will do this. "

On the other hand Borisov pointing indirectly to Bucharest for failure by Bulgaria to two mega-projects with the Russians: nuclear power plants in Belene (project closed and due to pressures by Romania) and the collapse of the South Stream project, which has gone to hell Capital movements and grace after Moscow failed to attract Romania in the project! Now Bulgarians will probably get revenge on us, although Bulgaria,I really do not see what they could provide in the military zone - known being like oh mother - and the maritime zone or both, with two frigates / corvettes, old rocket AN expired ships that can not even be refueled tomarch Bulgarians already known in NATO since they withdrew their frigate off the coast of Libya on the grounds that they don't have money for diesel, but really have not been able to refuel at sea (well, no gas money they did not have).

Strange change of view in less than 24 hours.

But we find that Russia is suing Bulgaria signed contract for the construction of a Russian company of a new nuclear power in Bulgaria at Belene (Romania opposed), and the Russians seeking compensation amounting to 550 million dollars. And Moscow and publicly stated that a NATO military force is completely void in the Black Sea.

Of course the Russians insolence has no limits as long as they quickly militarized and Massive Black Sea through six new submarines, frigates and aircraft, etc. They (Russians) are allowed to militarize the Black Sea, NATO no!

The same guts of ivan-killer who claimed the communist parties democratically won the elections in countries occupied by the Red Army, the same nerve of a thug who steals your belongings and looks at you straight in the eye.

Unfortunately we see again how much force Russia is in Bulgaria and we can only imagine how power is in Serbia or Hungary, where the rationale to support (once again) that Bucharest is virtually surrounded by young men too-who left Russia and that, with all our sins - yet -Romania is the only NATO member country truly southeast flank of this. And only country that really matters!

We and the Turks can (but those are ambiguous about the situation, but the Bosporus is everything in these parts).

On the other hand Russia began its take slightly downhill, one of the largest banks - VSB - being practically bankrupt and the central bank of Russia announced that money was not a slave. The money would then be 8 billion euros this year, 18 billion euros next year, where we see the mob around him actually steal Vladimir's Putin Russia and the Russian people on broken because losers will be ordinary Russians.

Of course after this maneuver totally pathetic, Bulgaria has shown once again the membership (only) the statement of NATO and has discovered again servility to Moscow. To see if the Bulgarians will be invited to be part of the Multinational Brigade (subordinated to the Bucharest NATO Multinational Division) after this miserable change of position.

PS I wonder why didn't Bulgarians refused from the beginning to participate in initiatives designed Romanian Black Sea and have all Lala her for several months, assuring everyone that are also with us when Borisov should have known that first you must make a written request to Moscow and only after that can give their opinion and he ...

Today PSS appeared on sources such as Bulgarian Prime Minister (PM so to speak) would have raised the tone Johannis for fear probably wearing his statements mark a clear hysteria.

http://www.rumaniamilitary.ro/romania-singura-flancul-sud-estic-al-nato

Last edited:
‘We will board the ships, we will waive our flags, but only Bulgaria and Romania”,

This is so stupid.....what have we ever done to Bulgaria ?.....I mean if Greece says this, i can understand to a point...but Bulgaria....makes no sense.

I have a very good Serbian friend, he said that there were stories told everywhere that NATO threw thousands of venomous snake eggs from planes during war over Serbia so that it would kill their soldiers.

Just to give a glimpse how far anti west propaganda gone back then.

Never heard that story. But there are bunch of worthless tabloid media in Serbia, lot of conspiracy theorists... so i would not be surprised if someone actually wrote something as dumb as that. But as far as i know that was never some widespread story here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom