What's new

Buddhists target Sri Lanka's Muslims

jayron

Reaction score
BBC News - Buddhists target Sri Lanka's Muslims

Muslims in Sri Lanka have voiced concerns about a growing number of anti-Muslim protests and attacks, carried out by hardline Buddhist groups.

It comes four years after the army in this mainly Sinhalese Buddhist country defeated Tamil separatists.

Charles Haviland reports from Colombo.

Sinhalese fanaticism is stronger now after the defeat of LTTE and are finding new boogeymen to further their agenda.

The topic is on Sri Lankan muslims, not about India or Indians.

I am merely questions the motives of the poster.

I know for a fact that you guys hate Muslims almost to an irrational level, yet opening up threads of abused Muslims in other countries..... doesn't pass the smell test if you know what I mean.

I know for a fact that you guys hate Muslims almost to an irrational level, yet opening up threads of abused Muslims in other countries..... doesn't pass the smell test if you know what I mean.

Simply because you guys hate everyone who is not a Muslim does not mean we hate Muslims - almost all Indians posting here would have had Muslim friends in school, college and in work places.

How about commenting on the topic at hand instead of being a K-9 doing smell tests to know the poster's motives? No love for the Ummah bros from Sri Lanka?

the topic is Sinhala chauvinism and the fanatic Buddhist monks. your posts shows your hypocrisy and double standards.

I don't agree with that adjective.

It is a contradiction in terms. Buddhism is a peaceful brotherly Dharmic religion.

the topic is Sinhala chauvinism and the fanatic Buddhist monks. your posts shows your hypocrisy and double standards.

questioning someone's motive is now double standards?
Man, it's like arguing with a child.
Tell me, where did I support the monks on this?
Where did I say it was okay what they did?

How can it be double standards when I didn't make a comment about the issue at hand?

Next time maybe you should use that gray matter between your ears before you speak.

@Rusty,
How about this becomes a proving point to Pakistani's who considered Sri Lankans to be saints when it came to atrocities on Tamils?

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply because you guys hate everyone who is not a Muslim does not mean we hate Muslims - almost all Indians posting here would have had Muslim friends in school, college and in work places.

playing childish games does not negate what I said.
It is indisputable that you people hate Muslims, hell I have got into fights with you people where you bring religion into it.
So once again, for a people who are anti islam as you lot to bring up such news stories.....

How about commenting on the topic at hand instead of being a K-9 doing smell tests to know the poster's motives? No love for the Ummah bros from Sri Lanka?

Nothing wrong with questioning people's motive.

I don't agree with that adjective.

It is a contradiction in terms. Buddhism is a peaceful brotherly Dharmic religion.

There we go, finally an Indian member who is honest with his ideology.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom